It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

That's a toughie. Looks like a windows 3.1 clone of the old Star Trek text game, of which there were many iterations.
I'm going to say WinTrek, though that's probably not it...
kalirion: I'm going to say WinTrek, though that's probably not it...
I thought it might have been that too, but it doesn't look like it.
ceeker: I thought it might have been that too, but it doesn't look like it.
Yes it's the only one in the Mobygames 'Star Trek varients' list that is later than DOS (win 3.X) - is that what you did too?
ceeker: I thought it might have been that too, but it doesn't look like it.
Fever_Discordia: Yes it's the only one in the Mobygames 'Star Trek varients' list that is later than DOS (win 3.X) - is that what you did too?
I just put "Windows 3.1 star trek clone" into google. :p
[i][/i][url=][/url][url=][/url][url=][/url][url=][/url][url=][/url][url=][/url][url=][/url]
kalirion: Well you should've thought of that before providing the correct answer :)
lightnica: Don't worry. You gave me enough time before you posted to find an old collection CD, start up my "old games" VM and find this.

I hope I don't forget its name before someone guesses it.
Damn I thought it was going to be The New, Improved Star Trek Game
from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/game/CSTrek.aspx
which also seems to be called 'CSTrek' but looking closer I doubt it now...
ceeker: That's a toughie. Looks like a windows 3.1 clone of the old Star Trek text game, of which there were many iterations.
That's what it looks like to me. It's 16bit so windows 3.1 era is likely correct.
Not.
Fever_Discordia: Damn I thought it was going to be The New, Improved Star Trek Game
from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/game/CSTrek.aspx
which also seems to be called 'CSTrek' but looking closer I doubt it now...
Nope.
Post edited October 18, 2011 by lightnica
Well I know it's not EGA trek, but, it reminded me of it (see posted pic). It was one of my favorite games years ago, and the first Star Trek game I really loved...I know I played that game you put, just can't quite place it...Thought I'd give this thread a little bump though. ;)
Attachments:
egatrek.jpg (49 Kb)
kalirion: Well you should've thought of that before providing the correct answer :)
lightnica: Don't worry. You gave me enough time before you posted to find an old collection CD, start up my "old games" VM and find this.

Wow. I swear I have that on a floppy somewhere...
Edit: now I feel old XD Only 18 lol.
Post edited October 20, 2011 by Juggernaught222
It reminded me of Stars! but that is not the correct answer: http://www.mobygames.com/game/stars
KOCollins: Well I know it's not EGA trek, but, it reminded me of it (see posted pic). It was one of my favorite games years ago, and the first Star Trek game I really loved...I know I played that game you put, just can't quite place it...Thought I'd give this thread a little bump though. ;)
Yeah, EGA trek is itself a (good) clone of an even older Star Trek title - the game in the pic is yet another one. Looks like we're going to have a hard time picking exactly which one though, hehe.
There are countles StarTrek clones on the internet. If this is one of them then it will take ages to get this one correctly. Give us more hints or answer and another riddle please :)

Juggernaught222: Wow. I swear I have that on a floppy somewhere...
If you still have a working floppy drive, you might want to start going through those floppies.
Skreczi: There are countles StarTrek clones on the internet. If this is one of them then it will take ages to get this one correctly. Give us more hints or answer and another riddle please :)
Actually I'm pretty sure this game isn't on the internet.

I did find a scanned version of a printed catalog that mentions it. I'm debating if I should post it or not. I seem to have stumbled upon the perfect game for this contest. I'm hesitant to give it up so easily.
Post edited October 20, 2011 by lightnica
Juggernaught222: Wow. I swear I have that on a floppy somewhere...
lightnica: If you still have a working floppy drive, you might want to start going through those floppies.
Skreczi: There are countles StarTrek clones on the internet. If this is one of them then it will take ages to get this one correctly. Give us more hints or answer and another riddle please :)
lightnica: Actually I'm pretty sure this game isn't on the internet.

I did find a scanned version of a printed catalog that mentions it. I'm debating if I should post it or not. I seem to have stumbled upon the perfect game for this contest. I'm hesitant to give it up so easily.
But it is 3 days already. if we did not get it till now I am 90% positive that we wont get it at all. And if we won't get it the game will kind of die ^^'
Alright, here's the PDF.
[url=ftp://whtech.com/magazines/994a%20program%20exchange/Program%20Exchange%20catalog%201183.pdf]ftp://whtech.com/magazines/994a%20program%20exchange/Program%20Exchange%20catalog%201183.pdf[/url]