It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I remember how in the PC Gamer demo you could edit a config file to be able to play some of the registered version's levels. Good times!

Edit: Just installed full game and played the first couple scenarios. Damn the controls suck, and only the "Keyboard 1" and 'Keyboard 2" options allow you to to map the buttons you actually need to play! Wanna pilot the heli with a controller? Sure, but you can't change your altitude so good luck! Wanna pilot a plane with the controller? Sure, but forward/back also pitch you up and down, so good luck!

Edit 2: I'm surprised no one's got it yet, I thought it was relatively well known by people who PC gamed back in those days. Plus the game is on GOG. If no one guesses it by Tuesday, I'll give the answer.
Post edited February 18, 2024 by kalirion
kalirion: I remember how in the PC Gamer demo you could edit a config file to be able to play some of the registered version's levels. Good times!

Edit: Just installed full game and played the first couple scenarios. Damn the controls suck, and only the "Keyboard 1" and 'Keyboard 2" options allow you to to map the buttons you actually need to play! Wanna pilot the heli with a controller? Sure, but you can't change your altitude so good luck! Wanna pilot a plane with the controller? Sure, but forward/back also pitch you up and down, so good luck!

Edit 2: I'm surprised no one's got it yet, I thought it was relatively well known by people who PC gamed back in those days. Plus the game is on GOG. If no one guesses it by Tuesday, I'll give the answer.
maybe we need another pic

Edit: How you couild make it work, I tried DgVoodoo2 and couldn't make it work correctly
Attachments:
tank.jpg (105 Kb)
Post edited February 18, 2024 by csanjuro
Incoming? (not sure which one)
csanjuro: Edit: How you couild make it work, I tried DgVoodoo2 and couldn't make it work correctly
Works fine for me. I don't remember if I copied the x64 or x86 MS dlls though.

This is from the Steam version btw:

I was using Windowed at first to play around with Lossless Scaling's framegen, but I think I'll be continuing in just the regular 30fps locked full screen mode instead.

Time4Tea: Incoming? (not sure which one)
Yup, it's the first one :)
Attachments:
Post edited February 19, 2024 by kalirion
csanjuro: Edit: How you couild make it work, I tried DgVoodoo2 and couldn't make it work correctly
kalirion: Works fine for me. I don't remember if I copied the x64 or x86 MS dlls though.

This is from the Steam version btw:

I was using Windowed at first to play around with Lossless Scaling's framegen, but I think I'll be continuing in just the regular 30fps locked full screen mode instead.
Also played with dgVoodoo on the GOG version and worked flawlessly. My settings in screenshot.
Attachments:
incoming.png (60 Kb)
Post edited February 19, 2024 by idbeholdME
thanks for the help guys

Edit: I couldn't make it work, all I get is a black screen and some music
Post edited February 19, 2024 by csanjuro
I will say that on immediate launch, when the game hits the main menu the framerate is like in low single digits for me, but as soon I press "down" to move the the next main menu option, it goes smooth.
Actually. The game no longer works for me with those settings :D

The Windows update I did a couple months ago after several years of not updating must have broken it. Now I get just a black screen when launching with dgVoodoo.... :/

Used to have the same behavior as kalirion. Now, when I alt-tab, I can see the game for a split second before it goes black again. No idea how to fix that...

EDIT:
Managed to make it playable. Downloaded the latest dgVoodoo and had to fiddle with the settings a bit. The game launches in a tiny window, but alt tabbing makes it the size set in dgVoodoo (1920x1440 for me). However, there are no black bars to the sides. But even before I did the Windows update, it behaved like that, I just had a black screen open in the background to simulate the black bars when I played through the game like a year ago.

Attached new dgVoodoo settings that made it work for me. Mainly, I had to disable application controlled fullscreen state.
Attachments:
itworks.jpg (370 Kb)
incoming.jpg (160 Kb)
itworks2.jpg (355 Kb)
Post edited February 19, 2024 by idbeholdME
idbeholdME: Actually. The game no longer works for me with those settings :D

The Windows update I did a couple months ago after several years of not updating must have broken it. Now I get just a black screen when launching with dgVoodoo.... :/

Used to have the same behavior as kalirion. Now, when I alt-tab, I can see the game for a split second before it goes black again. No idea how to fix that...
Have you tried using the other MS Drivers? Or maybe an older version of dgVoodoo (not sure when I last updated mine)? I just checked, and I'm definitely using version 2.79.3's x86 MS DLLs, with x86 Glide dlls for good measure even though they're not being used (given the lack of 3dfx splash screen)
kalirion: Have you tried using the other MS Drivers? Or maybe an older version of dgVoodoo (not sure when I last updated mine)? I just checked, and I'm definitely using version 2.79.3's x86 MS DLLs, with x86 Glide dlls for good measure even though they're not being used (given the lack of 3dfx splash screen)
See edit to my previous post. Got it working again.
idbeholdME: Actually. The game no longer works for me with those settings :D

EDIT:
Managed to make it playable. Downloaded the latest dgVoodoo and had to fiddle with the settings a bit. The game launches in a tiny window, but alt tabbing makes it the size set in dgVoodoo (1920x1440 for me). However, there are no black bars to the sides. But even before I did the Windows update, it behaved like that, I just had a black screen open in the background to simulate the black bars when I played through the game like a year ago.

Attached new dgVoodoo settings that made it work for me. Mainly, I had to disable application controlled fullscreen state.
managed to get it working, it behaves exactly as you mentioned, the only thing left is to make able to use the controller
BTW, there's been a bunch of conversation above, but it's clearly your turn to post the next one :)
kalirion: BTW, there's been a bunch of conversation above, but it's clearly your turn to post the next one :)
Ok, thanks! Will try to post a new one over the next couple of days. If I don't find time, I'll throw it open.
Alright then, here goes. Where is this fireplace from?
Attachments:
indy3.png (209 Kb)
Wow, no guesses? You guys need to improve your fireplace recognition skills!

Hmm ... ok. Let's try another clue. Someone must have played this one!
Attachments:
bedtime.png (255 Kb)