It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The answer has been name-dropped twice on this page, just saying.
LegoDnD: The answer has been name-dropped twice on this page, just saying.
No it hasn't been.
Once again, leaving the answer out in the open humiliates yourself and everyone who doesn't catch it.
LegoDnD: Once again, leaving the answer out in the open humiliates yourself and everyone who doesn't catch it.
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but by this page you don't mean by this thread as a whole but the actual page of this thread right? If yes, then I don't think kalirion has dropped the name of the game here. I'm going with the assumption that you thought kalirion accidentally revealed the game's name through the name of the image file?

kalirion: No it hasn't been.
Also kalirion, I hope you could keep your composure when responding to LegoDnD's post later on since there's a possibility that situations like this often escalate in a direction that I'm not too fond of (so as to de-escalate it). Therefore, I'll also try to end it here by attempting to guess. Is it Anopek?
Post edited November 11, 2023 by Lovstrelfra
Lovstrelfra: Therefore, I'll also try to end it here by attempting to guess. Is it Anopek?
It is! Your turn!
Nice, alriiiiiiight!

Here it is! Wait, does anyone smell that?
Attachments:
Lovstrelfra: Therefore, I'll also try to end it here by attempting to guess. Is it Anopek?
kalirion: It is! Your turn!
Then I apologize. I think this would have gone more smoothly if you had assured me that it's not any Ultima game. And giving away a false answer, I dare say, is still tacky.
Lovstrelfra: Nice, alriiiiiiight!

Twinsen's odyssey?

csanjuro: Twinsen's odyssey?
Nope, although I understand why you tried to answer with that. The graphics kinda give off a similar vibe to the game in question.

Here's another quick clue in case I forgot to put one tomorrow hehe. The prequel was free for awhile on itch.io once.
kalirion: I'd say your turn, unless you don't want it.
Duke Garland: You solved it fair 'n square so no shovin' it off on my shoulders there. :D

*edit: I've merely guessed the "genre", you did actual research into the topic to solve. No question about whose turn this is but yours!
https://epicorium.com/
csanjuro: Barony?
kalirion: Nope!
https://epicorium.com/
Post edited November 11, 2023 by rajuss
Ah, pretty sure I know this one, I think it was posted here sometime back but I don't remember when, and I don't remember if I was the one who posted it or not :). I'll wait a couple days for others to guess first though, given I just went.

Edit: why can't we downvote anymore? Was handy with bots.
Post edited November 11, 2023 by kalirion
kalirion: Ah, pretty sure I know this one, I think it was posted here sometime back but I don't remember when, and I don't remember if I was the one who posted it or not :). I'll wait a couple days for others to guess first though, given I just went.

Funny thing is, I was actually about to report them on this Spam/bot Report Thread only to find that the exact same bot had already beaten me to it lol. Such bravado, and a welcome one.
Attachments:
kalirion: Ah, pretty sure I know this one, I think it was posted here sometime back but I don't remember when, and I don't remember if I was the one who posted it or not :). I'll wait a couple days for others to guess first though, given I just went.

Lovstrelfra: Funny thing is, I was actually about to report them on this Spam/bot Report Thread only to find that the exact same bot had already beaten me to it lol. Such bravado, and a welcome one.
Haha, nice!

For those just joining, this is the actual post with the riddle/hint.
Lovstrelfra: (...)
Hello Lovstrelfra and friends!

Ok, ok. That is without any doubts from the opening section of "Anodyne 2 - Return to Dust".
Why am I so sure?

Well, first, I used the same game (albeit with entirely different screenshots) almost a year ago in this very forum game:

Post 22949 in November 2022
Post 22955
Post 22961
Post 22964

Formerly, correctly guessed / solved by kalirion

Solution in post 22965

And secondly, it is clearly visible in one of the screenshots on GOG.com's game page:
Anodyne 2 - Return to Dust

What is next? ... Ah, I have an idea:

"Danger incoming - not a place where I would want to be..."

Kind regards,
foxgog
Attachments: