It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bigs: Reunion is the first X3 game :P

Order

X3: Reunion --> X3: Terran Conflict --> X3: Albion Prelude
OY
:P
I was hoping it wasn't because Themken's tip seemed like an ideal way to get into a VERY intimidating series.
Bigs: Reunion is the first X3 game :P

Order

X3: Reunion --> X3: Terran Conflict --> X3: Albion Prelude
tinyE: OY
I was hoping it wasn't because Themken's tip seemed like an ideal way to get into a VERY intimidating series.
Pretty sure you could jump in with AP if you wanted... though there is an ongoing story - it's pretty much secondary IMO

I'd avoid X3:R though - I personally dislike the UI - the much improved (again IMO) mouse controls in TC / AP make it easier to play

Or just wait for X4... >_>

Must get on that pre-order... >_>
tinyE: OY
Bigs: Pretty sure you could jump in with AP if you wanted... though there is an ongoing story - it's pretty much secondary IMO

I'd avoid X3:R though - I personally dislike the UI - the much improved (again IMO) mouse controls in TC / AP make it easier to play

Or just wait for X4... >_>

Must get on that pre-order... >_>
How are the mouse controls in X2? I ask because of all the space fighter games I ever played, FreeSpace was my favorite because it has such great mouse controls.
AHHHH
I forgot about the static problem with these games.

Anyone have a good solution that doesn't involve me needing to be a hacker?

NVM found it

Wait, that doesn't work,
If I change the compatibility settings it fixes the music but I can't change the resolution.

Jesus, what a piece of shit. :P
Post edited November 24, 2018 by tinyE
Grim Dawn. Finally managed to beat DLC campaign atleast once. Yes, its THAT hard, and beyond broken character's build doesnt come handy. Still have no idea, how should I fix it tho - while gear and other stuff is kinda usual, devotions are sort of "Terra Incognita".

Ys: The Oath in Felghana. Reminder to newcomers - DONT start on normal difficulty, its "normal" only for asian players. As western dude, friendly with challenging action slashers, I was able to get myself past some bosses. But then its turned into pure nightmare *insert dark souls comparsion there*. Luckily my motivation is back again, so I've managed to replay everything on easier difficulty and now (I think?) coming close to the end of story. Yay?

Stellaris. Did 3 short (in terms of universe size and amount of enemies) runs and 1 longplay - cant tell, if its better than Star Ruler 2, yet. Definely prettier, but in case of mechanics - I need atleast one more week to figure everything out, lol. Worth to mention that there are atleast 2 technical aspects, which makes me worry: bugs (sometimes game doesnt see your DLCs. Then it gets fixed randomly by its own) and dragonian paradox'es EULA (which made me firewall this game since the very beginning)
Post edited November 24, 2018 by Gekko_Dekko
tinyE:
And what was it you were playing again?
tinyE:
Themken: And what was it you were playing again?
the X games

Don't worry about it. The only two ways I can fix it is to convert the files one by one which will take a while or to download a program which I really don't want to deal with, nor do I completely trust.
tinyE: the X games
In the X3 games, you need to have installed the sound drivers for your computer and not have any codec packs installed. Install VLC media player or some such if you need your computer to understand some media codec.
tinyE: the X games
Themken: In the X3 games, you need to have installed the sound drivers for your computer and not have any codec packs installed. Install VLC media player or some such if you need your computer to understand some media codec.
Yeah I know, I don't want to screw with something like that.

It's alright. I'll live.
Slay the Spire - Finally after 80 hours of playing the game I'm getting bored of it; which it was/is a great game but it sucks so much of my time..

Now that StS is out of the way I'm getting back into my old faithful rotation of: Sauerbraten,Counter Strike 1.6,Fistful of Frags,Mount & Blade:Warband - Napoleonic Wars and Battlefield Bad Company 2.
I just installed and started playing Shadow Warrior 2 that GOG so generously gave us as part of their 10 year anniversary. One of the best freebies ever, this game really gets what makes games fun. I can jump on top of roofs, just because and there is no fall damage so no need to worry about that (although when I jumped down a waterfall in the very first level, I died :P). The sword fighting is as good as ever and I quite enjoy Wang's comments, especially when he's making silly responses to gangster bosses who are all like "I'm a japanese gangster boss, so I never smile, I'm always serious".

I have some other games that I've started and which are considered masterpieces (Planescape: Torment and Arx Fatalis), but I don't feel like playing them, especially not when Shadow Warrior 2 is so fun. Most of the time I don't feel like I know what to do or where to go next and I don't like spoiling things by looking at a walkthrough. It's more fun to do it without someone telling you how to do it and I often learn/spoil more than I wanted while searching for my particular problem.

It feels weird when everyone praises these two games and I feel like I'm the only one not "getting" them, but my spare time is limited, so I'm gonna keep on playing games that I enjoy and keep less fun so-called masterpieces on the backburner.
Hotline Miami 2. It's entertaining enough but whose bright idea was it to emphasize ranged combat so much compared to the first one? The enemies can see you and shoot you before you can see them in many cases.
After many years I'm actually going through a serious Fallout 1 play-through.

And also after many years I'm realizing just how tough that game can be.
With no prior knowledge, I'm currently playing Waking Mars as inSight robot lands on Mars.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-46351114
The save system in Singularity is REALLY pissing me off.

Checkpoints are bad enough, but there is only one checkpoint save, so if you fuck up there is no going back, no previous checkpoints.

Need that shotgun back there? SORRY! Start the game over from the beginning.