It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 1
- I've been really getting back into RTS games lately and with all the hype around Space Marine 2 coming out I decided to to try DOW1 after never really had given it a chance when I got it almost 10 years on Steam so I thought now would be a good time to give it a go. It has been a really fun experience and it really brought me into the whole Warhammer 40k Universe and is an interesting take on RTS games that's unique but not genre changing like DOW2 {sadly} was.
A couple of days after I started playing the game, my Steam version got upgraded to include all the DLC's that I was missing with the release of the Anniversary edition(20 years old now!) which I do very much welcome though I'm currently planning on buying it here on GOG during it's next sale so I can properly sail off into the sunset with this master class of game under my belt DRM-Free. *EDIT: Just got it in the Warhammer Day Sale! :D

Runs alright in Steam / Proton / Linux when I changed a mouse setting and turned off vsync.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine 2
- Played with a friends copy, I think the lore, scenery and graphics are outstanding but everything else is kinda bland to me. I didn't like the whole swarming mechanics of the enemies and the guns aren't bad but it feels like Gears of War without the cover system so whenever I want to shoot I have to switch to melee which is slow and clunky and it really got repetitive by the end of the game. It did seem pretty epic at times during the story but it seemed like it ended like it was just another day in the Warhammer 40k universe and they're off going to do the next thing etc. I didn't play any of the multiplayer which seems okay but I'm not much into multiplayer games nowadays so it wasn't worth it for me to get my own copy.

Space Hulk: Tactics
- I played another Space Hulk game some years ago and I thought it was decent so I picked this one up, bought it cheap during a recent sale. Good game, I really like the gameplay and I enjoyed the turn based mechanics. Almost got me to buy the board game which the game was based on but then I saw the ebay prices for it and... Nope not paying $300++ for a board game I have to put together and paint! (I know some people like that, it's not for me though)

The game is DRM-Free once downloaded from steam and runs decently in Wine/Linux.

Last Epoch
- I bought the game earlier this year at the 1.0 release and it was a big let down given that it stated on the store page Linux support but did not run well at all (native build was around 15fps avg and missing features like basic map hud) but during this last season the devs said they were going to add better linux support so I thought I'd give it another go; man they really improved the game on linux (getting 80+ fps avg now), as a note they did removed the linux native version but tailored the windows binary to run better on linux which I didn't like the idea of at the time but it really was for the better. I really like the game, reminds me so much of a newer Diablo 2 and a Path of Exile without the bloat. I'm so glad I bought the game now. This will likely hold me over til the release of Path of Exile 2.

The game is DRM-Free once download from steam, you have to run it in offline mode which doesn't allow the use of MTX items bought with money and doesn't have multiplayer when in that mode but outside of that it's good to play without steam and/or internet.

Helldivers 2
- Not sure why I ended up buying this, maybe I liked the Starship Troopers movie too much.
As a solo player I didn't enjoy the game, I can see it being more fun to play with other people but that's not the way I play most games. I HATE the whole "Super Credits" Premium Currency to unlock "Premium Warbonds", it's very pay-to-win mindset given the weapons and stratagems are very powerful and really set a disadvantage if you don't either pay for the warbonds upfront or do a mindless slog of a grind to farm the {very little} random Super Credits found in a given map. Given that you pay for the game upfront it seems to me to be a bit of a stretch and try milk the customer for more money after the fact. Uninstalled around 14~ hours in, not going back to this grindy p2w crap.

The game works well on Linux (outside of a few crashes) with steam but it does have an active Anti-Cheat program that while on Windows is Kernel Level isn't on Linux which is alright I guess? Not sure if there will be linux supported long term if hackers start using the Linux version to get around it...
Post edited Yesterday by comradegarry
Sundered: Almost at the end of the game, only one major boss left before the endgame. I'm definitely enjoying this game.

I tried Dex, but didn't like it; too much blocking. In an action game, I'd rather have combat be based on collisions and avoiding being collided with rather than pressing a button at the right moment. Also, it's frustrating when enemies keep blocking your attacks. (Also, graphics are too dark.)
The new RIVEN remake.
But I am stuck at the very beginning with the rotating room thing.
So after about an hour of frustration with that, I tried something I could actually make progress in:

RETCHID. I finished e1m1 pretty quick, but I felt bad about playing an early access game, as I'd rather wait until it's done so I can play it all in one go. But good lord, it's great. Huge Doom 3 vibes. I legit got frightened one time already. I like that the enemy encounters are spread apart, allowing you to get comfortable with looking around, and then you hear a very low vocalization of some sort, and you stop to wonder what that strange sound is, and then you suddenly spot it just out of range of your flashlight, shuffling at you. Good stuff, that.

So next, a game I've really been looking forward to, but wanted to wait for its 1.0 release, and it's finally here, but I'm worried that if I can't solve the first puzzle in Riven, I certainly won't be able to wrap my head around solving murders in SHADOWS OF DOUBT. But we'll see, because that's what I'm going to get after next.
GilesHabibula: So after about an hour of frustration with that, I tried something I could actually make progress in:

RETCHID. I finished e1m1 pretty quick, but I felt bad about playing an early access game, as I'd rather wait until it's done so I can play it all in one go. But good lord, it's great. Huge Doom 3 vibes. I legit got frightened one time already. I like that the enemy encounters are spread apart, allowing you to get comfortable with looking around, and then you hear a very low vocalization of some sort, and you stop to wonder what that strange sound is, and then you suddenly spot it just out of range of your flashlight, shuffling at you. Good stuff, that.
Been playing my friend's copy when I have time to visit them. I like how it plays like a mix of Doom3 and classic Doom, with less linear and more "maze like" areas as you progress. Also nice are things like the chance to find hidden items(magazines/relics).

One thing I dislike is the amount of wasted space in the crew member PDAs...most only contain one log or email and the info fields (job title/etc) aren't usually filled in. Of course, that stuff will perhaps be addressed as updates come along.
Attachments:
1-whee.jpg (301 Kb)
2-hesfine.jpg (487 Kb)
3-hmm.jpg (148 Kb)
Post edited 2 days ago by GamezRanker