It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm reading for the second time all the The Death Gate Cycle by Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman. Now I'm on the first book Dragon Wing.
Post edited December 07, 2020 by XzAr_79
The Survivors of the Chancellor
by Jules Verne
Gearmos: Also some short stories in German. They are boring as hell, but it is the only way to learn a language. Just like I did with English or French.
Don't I know? Check the Black Cat graded readers if you don't know them, there's some interesting ones in there, mostly reductions of classics. Also I found the Kleine Vampir books easy and entertaining.
I'm reading The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency's series first book in German. The main character is (guesss) a smart and good hearted woman who opens a detective agency in Botswana. This first books deals with the case of a missing father and the telling of the protagonist's father's life. The author is a white man born in Zimbabwe and with Scottish origins, Alexander McCall Smith.
Post edited December 12, 2020 by Dogmaus
random japanese light novel
Reading A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens.
Oeuvres cinématographiques complètes: 1952-1978 (spanish translation) by Guy Debord.
The Way We're Working Isn't Working
by Tony Schwartz
Carradice: Brandon Sanderson (2018). Skyward.

OK, so after enjoying Elantris and failing to do the same with Mistborn, I tried this YA novel. There is a short story set in the same universe, hundreds of years before, Defending Elysium. Tiny SPOILER: in the short story there are cyber-enhanced psionics that can be rather powerful. D&D-like powerful; Bester's The Stars My Destination powerful. Nothing like the subtler psi in David Brin's The Uplift saga, or the way Frank Herbert managed the psi/supernatural.

Now, about Skyward proper: The training of a wannabe cadet/soldier/pilot is a classic theme of SF. From before the Golden Age to Heinlein to Scott Card and beyond. So far, Sanderson manages to confer the story some original aspects, while making it very engrossing. Really, this is a page turner that developes at a pace that will beg for a sequel (it does exist, Starsight). The protagonist is a female teenager that can throw a tantrum or two and makes mistakes, but she can learn from those mistakes as well. A nice read that can be recommended to any child or kid that you care for.

A good light reading for either the younger ones or tired grownups at the end of a long day.
XD that's too bad, personally really enjoyed Mistborn (the first 3). Stay safe and happy readying everyone!
Carradice: Brandon Sanderson (2018). Skyward.

OK, so after enjoying Elantris and failing to do the same with Mistborn, I tried this YA novel. There is a short story set in the same universe, hundreds of years before, Defending Elysium. Tiny SPOILER: in the short story there are cyber-enhanced psionics that can be rather powerful. D&D-like powerful; Bester's The Stars My Destination powerful. Nothing like the subtler psi in David Brin's The Uplift saga, or the way Frank Herbert managed the psi/supernatural.

Now, about Skyward proper: The training of a wannabe cadet/soldier/pilot is a classic theme of SF. From before the Golden Age to Heinlein to Scott Card and beyond. So far, Sanderson manages to confer the story some original aspects, while making it very engrossing. Really, this is a page turner that developes at a pace that will beg for a sequel (it does exist, Starsight). The protagonist is a female teenager that can throw a tantrum or two and makes mistakes, but she can learn from those mistakes as well. A nice read that can be recommended to any child or kid that you care for.

A good light reading for either the younger ones or tired grownups at the end of a long day.
gamkuo: XD that's too bad, personally really enjoyed Mistborn (the first 3). Stay safe and happy readying everyone!
I keep telling myself that one day I will give Mistborn another chance, but so far I have lacked the courage XD
Still, I am having so much fun with Skyward (near the end, now) that after its sequel I might turn to Mistborn for more Sanderson. Maybe... :)

Happy reading!
Hunger by Knut Hamsun
Stanisław Lem - Głos Pana :-)
Reading Animal Farm by George Orwell.
Just starting on Dune by Frank Herbert.

I'm aiming to finish by end of January. Its a very absorbing book so I think I have to keep time aside to read it at my own pace rather than my usual reading on just on train rides or on breaks.
secretninja33: Just starting on Dune by Frank Herbert.

I'm aiming to finish by end of January. Its a very absorbing book so I think I have to keep time aside to read it at my own pace rather than my usual reading on just on train rides or on breaks.
Love this book...and the other following books of the Dune story.
One of the best SF stories for me.
/edit And talking about good SF stories: The Expanse, the TV show is nice but the books are even better ;)

I read this year the eight The Witcher books by Andrzej Sapkowski and now i'm reading Das Spiel des Engels by Carlos Ruiz Zafon.
Post edited December 24, 2020 by gabbawokky
nuthing!

i still feel mugged by Kobo after writing of the same book three times !
and not contacting me!
and impossible to contact your self!!