It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Are you still having issues? My BG3 download always gets stuck at 91%... I've tried multiple times from 0. :(
DemonKiller49: Actually, you shouldn't be so high and mighty and presumptive and mistaking things yourself. The bins 17 18 and 19 of CP2077 have indeed been corrupt since their release. No fake news, and no misinformation.
mrtnptrs: Oh sorry, didn't want to sound arrogant, but looked to me like he confused not-downloadable with corrupted as he mentions both things in his message and also mentions data loss, which there seems to be no sign of. But didn't know the offline CyberPunk 2077 install files really were suffering from corruption, sorry, my bad for making too quick assumptions...
Frankd3: GOG is using that excuse for not being able to fix the corruption too.
I contacted support specifically for the Cyberpunk file corruption issue since the files are downloadable.
This was the response:

"Due to our storage provider's outage, we are experiencing technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and your library.

Downloaded files are in no way affected and we are working on resolving this issue ASAP.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,"

But I'm wondering if the storage provider issue is simply preventing GOG from replacing the damaged files. They should say that if true.
mrtnptrs: Since when has this corruption then been a problem. The previously mentioned "since their release" by @DemonKiller49 suggests this has happened after the latest CP2077 update from around a month back or has this only been happening since the CDN problems? If the latter: isn't it just an issue of the file download getting stuck at a certain percentage and thus being incomplete/corrupted?

Edit: wouldn't surprise me if the possible corruption issue is fully known but just not their top priority now.
I don't know when it actually started because I was playing on v1.52 for months and only last week decided to try the latest version.

The files all appear to download completely. I never use Galaxy, only the offline installers.

I think your last statement hit the nail on the head.
nocapdecaf: Are you still having issues? My BG3 download always gets stuck at 91%... I've tried multiple times from 0. :(
Been trying to download BG3 since Sunday. I'm stuck at 92%. I understand issues occur, but over 3 days to download a game is unacceptable....
DemonKiller49: Actually, you shouldn't be so high and mighty and presumptive and mistaking things yourself. The bins 17 18 and 19 of CP2077 have indeed been corrupt since their release. No fake news, and no misinformation.
mrtnptrs: Oh sorry, didn't want to sound arrogant, but looked to me like he confused not-downloadable with corrupted as he mentions both things in his message and also mentions data loss, which there seems to be no sign of. But didn't know the offline CyberPunk 2077 install files really were suffering from corruption, sorry, my bad for making too quick assumptions...
Frankd3: GOG is using that excuse for not being able to fix the corruption too.
I contacted support specifically for the Cyberpunk file corruption issue since the files are downloadable.
This was the response:

"Due to our storage provider's outage, we are experiencing technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and your library.

Downloaded files are in no way affected and we are working on resolving this issue ASAP.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,"

But I'm wondering if the storage provider issue is simply preventing GOG from replacing the damaged files. They should say that if true.
mrtnptrs: Since when has this corruption then been a problem. The previously mentioned "since their release" by @DemonKiller49 suggests this has happened after the latest CP2077 update from around a month back or has this only been happening since the CDN problems? If the latter: isn't it just an issue of the file download getting stuck at a certain percentage and thus being incomplete/corrupted?

Edit: wouldn't surprise me if the possible corruption issue is fully known but just not their top priority now.
It has been since the 1.63 hotfix. The patch to 1.63 hotfix works just fine from 1.63. The reason I know it was from release is because I immediately download all offline installers once they become available. My game patched just fine, but I built a new system and decided to reinstall. The files I had previously downloaded were corrupt (17, 18, and 19). "No biggie," I said. I redownloaded those files over a week ago....and they are the exact same files. The only reason I'm playing 1.63 hotfix is because I had all the old offline installers and patched up. (pain in the ass, because I had to use 1.62 PT hotfix base, 1.63 patch, followed by 1.63 hotfix. They never made the base 1.63 available. or if they did, it wasn't there very long.) This was not caused by any outage at all. They did the same thing with Metro Exodus Enhanced or whatever it's called. They left it that way for months.
Post edited July 25, 2023 by DemonKiller49
nocapdecaf: Are you still having issues? My BG3 download always gets stuck at 91%... I've tried multiple times from 0. :(
mark_young_69: Been trying to download BG3 since Sunday. I'm stuck at 92%. I understand issues occur, but over 3 days to download a game is unacceptable....
The offline installer is the same?
Galaxy and Offline-Installer should be different data because the Offline-Installer is using a Setup and not a finished Install-file. So in theory it may work using the Offline-Installer. As you see, nothing is supreme, everything got some validity.

For a data achieve, a setup (or ZIP) got its advantage because the data inside a setup file is sequential and not shattered into endless "small pieces of data". It may not be to much of a issue on a very fast SSD... yet still the fastest SSD will break down with to much minor 4k files (or comparable) and drastically lose its speed ("Legend of Heroes Trails into Reverie" is a good example of how a game with countless of small files will behave on copy and install). And a HDD having to deal with this is pretty much doomed. Additionally the Setup will allow for easy redundancy check.

Although, you will have to install first and because of the required need of "changing the shape of the data", it will take even more time than a "direct file transfer" from a server. Although, for a data archive, this is the way to go.
Post edited July 25, 2023 by Xeshra
mark_young_69: Been trying to download BG3 since Sunday. I'm stuck at 92%. I understand issues occur, but over 3 days to download a game is unacceptable....
nocapdecaf: The offline installer is the same?
Have not tried offline yet. Will see how things look after work this afternoon. This is the third game I have purchased from GOG and all three times I have had issues. Will most likely just get a refund and go back to using Steam.
high rated
OK, that's it, GOG?
Just to remind you maybe. Some business practise is, to give their huge customer-base a little Thank You for their patience.

Go ahead, and think it over.

just sayin'
mrtnptrs: You know that not being able to download something isn't the same as file corruption? Additionally, there was no data loss. This literally is just some downloads being temporarily unavailable.... I know you're probably misinterpreting things by mistake, but this is how false news gets spread....
Actually there was data loss see below :
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/update_on_technical_issues_affecting_downloading_and_updating_games_afa62/post756

And they should have updated the message displayed in the support center : but they didn't do it :-/ . Or at least the 1st message from this thread.
Post edited July 25, 2023 by DyNaer
DemonKiller49: The bins 17 18 and 19 of CP2077 have indeed been corrupt since their release. No fake news, and no misinformation. It's a known issue, buddy.
... just "no". What you are saying is complete nonsense.

First of all, the installer has been updated 25(!!!) times so far. You can find the details here:
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1423049311#changelog
Every time you read "Download changed: Installer", the installer was updated.

On my hard disc I had until recently build 50001 (Vanilla, I think) and currently build 65540.

I installed the game back then with the offline installer, which worked.

Just to make sure, I just reinstalled the game with the version 65540, that also worked (see attachment).

Has there been a version with corrupted bins? Maybe, I couldn't tell. But the release version and the current buil 65540 both work. (which build are you using btw?)
Attachments:
mrtnptrs: You know that not being able to download something isn't the same as file corruption? Additionally, there was no data loss. This literally is just some downloads being temporarily unavailable.... I know you're probably misinterpreting things by mistake, but this is how false news gets spread....
DemonKiller49: Actually, you shouldn't be so high and mighty and presumptive and mistaking things yourself. The bins 17 18 and 19 of CP2077 have indeed been corrupt since their release. No fake news, and no misinformation. It's a known issue, buddy.
I never had issue installing the offline version of CP2077 when I had it. This was last year i think.
high rated
Darvond: I stopped putting in tickets months ago, and I imagine I've been shadow banned from the helpdesk after what I called GOG's Regional Director.
Magnitus: When I try to file a support ticket now, I get directed to a thread that has a conversation from a previous ticket ongoing.

I get a multiple-choice menus with no way out (all the options lead to a dead end). It keeps asking me for a diagnostics file (which might get generated if the game was running), but I can't even download the installer.

Before, I could at least reach someone after a couple of questions from Zowie, but it is now a dead-end for me as well.

Maybe I could finagle my way into talking to someone by pretending that my problem is something completely different (something related to orders maybe). That seems counterproductive, but maybe I'll try that next time.
Just for comparison.

Yesterday at 16:52, I reported a broken link to Humble Bundle, through a plain online form.
Today at 11:17, I got an email that it was forwarded to the operations team.
Today at 13:21, I got an email that it was fixed (which indeed it was).
Post edited July 25, 2023 by mrkgnao
Was there an ETA on when all of the files would be restored?
SpellSword: Was there an ETA on when all of the files would be restored?
They have moved to an alternative server for a few days, expecting to return to the regular CDN on Thursday morning, Poland time.

At the moment, the vast majority of files work just fine (I have 5 out of 10,225 that fail). The plan seems to be that by Thursday all will be back to pre-outage state.
Post edited July 25, 2023 by mrkgnao
SpellSword: Was there an ETA on when all of the files would be restored?
mrkgnao: They have moved to an alternative server for a few days, expecting to return to the regular CDN on Thursday morning, Poland time.

At the moment, the vast majority of files work just fine (I have 5 out of 10,225 that fail). The plan seems to be that by Thursday all will be back to pre-outage state.
Thank you for the information, that is good to hear.

If you don't mind could you tell me which of the 5 files you encountered problems with?
Post edited July 25, 2023 by SpellSword