It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
mrkgnao: Agreed.

The sad reality is that the same is more and more true of much of GOG's user base too. Especially since the advent of galaxy has obviated the need to download those "backup" (synonym: "workaround") offline installers. Many newcomers to GOG don't even know what offline installers are.

Talking about deceptive practices, that is exactly what the big blue "download and install now" button vs. the hidden "offline backup game installer" link in each of our library game panels is.
Definitely been getting some mixed signals from GOG there over the years. I think they are trying to take on too much satisfying the offline crowd and people who want the online experience at the same time (with a closed centralized platform no less).

But anyways, as long as the drm status of games is very clear, that the selection of drm-free games is good and that I'm given a reasonably good experience backing up my offline installers (proactively fix those broken links GOG, no more having to bypass Zowie to contact support just to download my games pls), I'll stick around.

Otherwise, I'll just give the middle finger to the game industry and play my backlog until another mainstream drm-free contender emerges. Unless they decide to officially endorse drm-free installers (no more ninja bs to extract the drm out of the installer... I probably can manage it, but I don't care, most of the userbase won't so its bs), I'll support Steam with my money when hell freezes over.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Magnitus
They could of rebuilt the whole array by now.
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
SbeveOne: yall fucking suck get a grip dumbass money pigs

sorry ass platform get a grip dipshits never using gog again
You got soft hands brother I can tell just by reading your comment you got soft hands ain't never worked a day in your life 40 hours a motherfukkin day you got some soft hands there brother
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

That's OK I cannot pass up "The Saboteur" at 4.99 such a great deal
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Mogekku
If I download a game through galaxy (in the case of broken offline backup), can that download still be portable?

I've been able to download some games this way, but I need an answer on portability before I waste more time.
micktiegs_8: If I download a game through galaxy (in the case of broken offline backup), can that download still be portable?

I've been able to download some games this way, but I need an answer on portability before I waste more time.
Yes, from my experience. The game is still DRM free, even installed with Galaxy. It worked with the few games I tired it.
smuggly: They could of rebuilt the whole array by now.
Somone doesn't know what he's talking about.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Syphon72
thanks for letting us know. having issues downloading an install file for FEAR so came to see if there was an issue.
micktiegs_8: If I download a game through galaxy (in the case of broken offline backup), can that download still be portable?

They are designed to work without traditional installation and are DRM free, so in theory there shouldn't be an issue. However you never know, PC gaming can be quirky and out of 100 you might have one with an issue or something like that.

StingingVelvet: They are designed to work without traditional installation and are DRM free, so in theory there shouldn't be an issue. However you never know, PC gaming can be quirky and out of 100 you might have one with an issue or something like that.
Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of registry errors or something like that.
Mogekku: You got soft hands brother I can tell just by reading your comment you got soft hands ain't never worked a day in your life 40 hours a motherfukkin day you got some soft hands there brother
To be fair, a lot of people with a white collar job, many who work really hard doing very mentally challenging jobs and produce a lot value, have soft hands.

Some will have had more physically demanding jobs beforehands (fully time or as a student), but many won't.

I think everybody who can do more physical work should do so at some point in their life to get an appreciation for the kind of work other people are doing, otherwise they can get some funny ideas about things sometimes (for example, getting the impression that if the weather gets too hot, everybody will just be able to work at home with the AC and society will still function that way), but otherwise, society needs all kinds of people to function and many people with soft hands are very smart, do very intellectually demanding work and should be respected for it.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Magnitus
I would rather say that things like these happen if you're not using a competent provider like AWS S3 and have the data stored in several data centers around the world so failures like these should not happen.

15 hours and still not working - sounds like 20th century internet to me.

And "Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above." really sounds like "Even though we made some bad decisions we don't take responsibility and don't extend any sales as we don't understand you don't want to purchase a title and then have to wait for days to be able to download it. Trust us, you'll be able to download your purchased products..... sometime..."

Still waiting to download my purchase from yesterday.
Mogekku: You got soft hands brother I can tell just by reading your comment you got soft hands ain't never worked a day in your life 40 hours a motherfukkin day you got some soft hands there brother
Magnitus: To be fair, a lot of people with a white collar job, many who work really hard doing very mentally challenging jobs and produce a lot value, have soft hands.

Some will have had more physically demanding jobs beforehands (fully time or as a student), but many won't.

I think everybody who can do more physical work should do so at some point in their life to get an appreciation for the kind of work other people are doing, otherwise they can get some funny ideas about things sometimes (for example, getting the impression that if the weather gets too hot, everybody will just be able to work at home with the AC and society will still function that way), but otherwise, society needs all kinds of people to function and many people with soft hands are very smart, do very intellectually demanding work and should be respected for it.
Agreed though it's a meme

I think GoG should just shut it all down so the self entitled whiny people can't moan on here any more
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Mogekku
While I haven't thought about installing any titles lately, this is a problem that shouldn't have occurred and should have been preemptively intercepted by automated software testing and fixed just as well.
We'll think about new purchases when we can promptly install and play them, TY very much.
Darvond: While I haven't thought about installing any titles lately, this is a problem that shouldn't have occurred and should have been preemptively intercepted by automated software testing and fixed just as well.
Thank you for your expertise. Maybe CDN provider's didn't plan to well. Sometimes things are not that easy.
I started downloading Witcher 3 Complete Edition last night. The installation is stuck at 91%. I looked at the GOG Galaxy logs (C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs\GalaxyClient.log). In the logs I found that there was a problem downloading the DirectX 9 components and the Visual C++ redistributable package 14.31.31103. I turned off GOG Galaxy, deleted the incorrectly downloaded files (.download extension), downloaded the missing files manually, replaced them in the indicated directories and the installation completed when I started the GOG client.