It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
UCrest: This user should be banned for spamming and advertising against GOG on his own forum.
MarkoH01: I doubt GOG will ban such behavior. It's likeley they will give out a warning and delete the post though.

UCrest: Honestly, I don't recommend ZP, I don't like their way of winning customers and much less their installers. It's as simple as that.
MarkoH01: What's wrong with their installers? I don't have a problem with the few I own there.
Not him, but I have some games from ZP with lazy Gamersgates versions. What I mean is the game was the same DRM-free version on Gamersgate with all the bugs. Order of War is a mess, just like the Steam version.
ryobadtz: Any ETA on this...?
ETA: 2025
Post edited July 21, 2023 by Syphon72
high rated
This is why I buy from GOG instead of Steam and back up my games on M-DISC.
mrkgnao: I do not contend that a lot of people (in all likelihood, most people) use steam as a fully or primarily DRM'd platform, just like you do. I am also sure there are a lot of people that use GOG in this way, by having just one game in their library, Gwent.

What I am saying is that it is not the only way to use steam, just like it is not the only way to use GOG.

By selectively buying only steam games that are DRM-free (or easily DRM-freeable), of which there are many thousands, if not tens of thousands, it is possible to use steam as a mostly DRM-free platform with an optional client, just like GOG, which is what I do. There are drawbacks to that approach, for example it requires more research and more work to maintain such a library. There are also benefits, for example it is much more likely that one's games will be up-to-date, and, in the long run, cheaper, due to numerous key reseller bundles.

What I am saying is that your use of steam is not the only valid one, especially for people like me who play almost only indie games. And I believe it is useful to inform others of this little-known fact. I wish someone would have told me about it back in 2012, when SteamCMD and Steamless launched, or in 2015, when Goldberg did (rather than in 2021, when I finally learned about it).
Syphon72: Steam can be a mostly DRM-free platform depending on the person and the games you like. So that is only true for some people. Being a mostly DRM-free platform is impossible because of my taste in games. But for you, this is possible. So I guess it's a 50/50 thing. haha

Another downside is that games on Steam might add DRM down the line, which I have experienced firsthand. If you need to use Goldberg to crack your Steam games ( which is against the licenses ), then it's not a DRM-free game.

I found keeping Steam games update more of a pain. Because you have to keep checking which games are updated without any real notification. Unless you know a better way??

I know many indie games are DRM-free on Steam, which is good. That's why I'm sorry if my last post came off as me directing at you.
I agree with everything you wrote, except the comment on Goldberg. Goldberg does not remove DRM from a game (steamless does!). It is stated very clearly in the Goldberg documentation. What Goldberg does is emulate the steam client to remove non-DRM client dependencies. For example, if a game checks that the steam client is present because it wants to be able to support achievements or leaderboards and refuses to run without it (without any authentication involved), Goldberg will fix this. It will not help in any way if the game has steam DRM (or any other DRM).

It's more or less like games that refuse to run if there is an msvcpp dll missing and then run when you install the dll from Microsoft. I, instead of using the useless steam dll, use the goldberg dll instead. I don't give a damn what steam thinks about it --- these are my DRM-free games and I can very well do whatever I want with them.

That said, I am glad you can see the usefulness of my comments to people who are more interested in DRM-free games on steam that in DRM'd ones.
Working now for me :-D
GOG.com: Already downloaded files are in no way affected.
SargonAelther: And that's the whole reason why I'm here and not on Steam. Hoarding 18-something terabytes of offline installers has finally paid off lol. Kudos to GOGRepoC.
Hilariously sad post. How many of those games did you played even once? 2%? 1%? How many of those precious games do you plan to play in this lifetime? Less than 1%? Meanwhile people on Steam play and enjoy video games right now as opposed to making backups. Backups for versions of games that are more often than not missing features/patches present on Steam versions. That's not even mentioning thousands of games that were never available on GOG and never will be. And GoG will go bankrupt before Steam does,because regulars here know-this site is mismanaged to hell and back. So keep worrying about outdated backups instead of playing and enjoying video games. They're gonna have to rely on CDPR to keep making Geraldo just to stay above water.
Post edited July 21, 2023 by Mr.Caine
high rated
SargonAelther: And that's the whole reason why I'm here and not on Steam. Hoarding 18-something terabytes of offline installers has finally paid off lol. Kudos to GOGRepoC.
Mr.Caine: Hilariously sad post. How many of those games did you played even once? 2%? 1%? How many of those precious games do you plan to play in this lifetime? Less than 1%? Meanwhile people on Steam play and enjoy video games right now as opposed to making backups. Backups for versions of games that are more often than not missing features/patches present on Steam versions. That's not even mentioning thousands of games that were never available on GOG and never will be. And GoG will go bankrupt before Steam does,because regulars here know-this site is mismanaged to hell and back. So keep worrying about outdated backups instead of playing and enjoying video games. They're gonna have to rely on CDPR to keep making Geraldo just to stay above water.
Written under a bridge while eating (steamed) fish.
stop installing on 92% all day -_-
Syphon72: Steam can be a mostly DRM-free platform depending on the person and the games you like. So that is only true for some people. Being a mostly DRM-free platform is impossible because of my taste in games. But for you, this is possible. So I guess it's a 50/50 thing. haha

Another downside is that games on Steam might add DRM down the line, which I have experienced firsthand. If you need to use Goldberg to crack your Steam games ( which is against the licenses ), then it's not a DRM-free game.

I found keeping Steam games update more of a pain. Because you have to keep checking which games are updated without any real notification. Unless you know a better way??

I know many indie games are DRM-free on Steam, which is good. That's why I'm sorry if my last post came off as me directing at you.
mrkgnao: I agree with everything you wrote, except the comment on Goldberg. Goldberg does not remove DRM from a game (steamless does!). It is stated very clearly in the Goldberg documentation. What Goldberg does is emulate the steam client to remove non-DRM client dependencies. For example, if a game checks that the steam client is present because it wants to be able to support achievements or leaderboards and refuses to run without it (without any authentication involved), Goldberg will fix this. It will not help in any way if the game has steam DRM (or any other DRM).

It's more or less like games that refuse to run if there is an msvcpp dll missing and then run when you install the dll from Microsoft. I, instead of using the useless steam dll, use the goldberg dll instead. I don't give a damn what steam thinks about it --- these are my DRM-free games and I can very well do whatever I want with them.

That said, I am glad you can see the usefulness of my comments to people who are more interested in DRM-free games on steam that in DRM'd ones.
I'm positive it's still considered a crack, maybe not in the sense it breaks the DRM. It's more of a way around it. But it's used quite a lot in the pirated scene. But I agree. Who gives a damn what Steam thinks. lol You paid for the game and should be able to do what you like with it...

I am never against your comment, but we should let people know it's a hit-and-miss. Anyways time to play some more Wartales.
Gog has a 30-day money back guarantee policy. Don’t miss out on hot deals. I certainly didn’t and got a few games today.

They’ll eventually fix this and who knows, for the trouble might even throw in a free apology giveaway.

What about keeping them on check for things they are lazy about?

The installers for Doom enhanced 1 & 2 are missing Visual Studio libraries since the games launched.

Clearly their testers do not test games on fresh installations of windows. The majority of people who own those titles will never even become aware of this issue, as they likely have those VS libraries installed in their systems by other games they own.

Wanna contribute? Test Doom enhanced 1 & 2 on a fresh installation of windows: you will stumble upon a surprise if you try to enter any level in the game.

Not bashing on any user in particular, but simply pointing out the level of complacency that is so widespread among gog users: go to the DOOM Series forum and you will see that someone recently complained about this issue. A solution was found though: download yourself the VS libraries required to run that game and you are all set…

What am I missing there? Those are libraries that should be included in the first place.
Either include them for all games or remove them for all games so the user is forced to manually download and install said VS libraries themselves if they want to play games the have paid for.

Clownski (and loyal minions): are you going to delete this post or are you actually going to address this issue?

The next Quakecon sale is coming up next month. I predict there will be tons of refund requests for Doom enhanced 1 & 2 if this issue is not resolved by then.

Praise to all the gog usual suspects who never fail to keep gog on check, despite knowing the avalanche of hate that will flow their way afterwards. God only knows what they’d push on us if it weren’t for you.
foad01: I reported the spam with advertisement of a shady store in this thread.
Good! There's nothing shady about the store, but the spam and advertising is against the rules, and should definitely be removed!.
I wanted to buy and play a new RPG later tonight and the weekend but it's looking like I won't be able to do that. Unfortunately, I might have to buy it elsewhere to be able to play it tonight unless it's able to be fixed soon.
high rated
Mr.Caine: Hilariously sad post. How many of those games did you played even once? 2%? 1%? How many of those precious games do you plan to play in this lifetime? Less than 1%? Meanwhile people on Steam play and enjoy video games right now as opposed to making backups. Backups for versions of games that are more often than not missing features/patches present on Steam versions. That's not even mentioning thousands of games that were never available on GOG and never will be. And GoG will go bankrupt before Steam does,because regulars here know-this site is mismanaged to hell and back. So keep worrying about outdated backups instead of playing and enjoying video games. They're gonna have to rely on CDPR to keep making Geraldo just to stay above water.
As if people don't buy games they will never play on Steam either. There are probably far more Steam users with thousands of games than there are GOG users.

I've played a little over 2% directly. Indirectly I have played many more on Steam, but then I rebought them whenever they appeared on GOG for preservation. A lot of these completely unplayed games are like a retirement fund for me. I will play them when I retire, assuming I don't lose my eyesight.

Also it's not just about what I play. It's about supporting a DRM-Free platform, as well as publishers who choose to publish games here, as much as I can as an individual.

I have games on Steam, but I see no reason to excessively throw money at Valve. I do see a reason to throw money at GOG. Platforms like Steam are only good while they work. They do not protect your library, nor care about it. You own nothing on Steam, you lease everything for an unspecified amount of time. When Steam yanked Agony Unrated from my library, it was the final validation that making GOG my default platform was the right choice. I literally had the game installed, but the play button got replaced by a purchase button. Launching the executable directly would take me to the store. Steam support were completely indifferent and unhelpful. They've done nothing to fix it since. Developers did provide a workaround, despite this issue being caused by Valve.

This would not have been an issue at GOG. Whenever something disappears from GOG, support always sort it out. Even if they didn't, it would not make a difference, because the games are DRM-Free and I have my installers saved.

That's the whole point. with Steam, you rely entirely on Valve to maintain your access to your games, which they can revoke at any point and for whatever reason. While Steam has been more reliable than various digital movie, music and e-book stores, it is clearly not without a fault either. GOG allows us manage our own access, as long as we have the storage space required. I trust my own hardware far more than I trust any digital provider.

If GOG goes bust, it will be a very sad day, but my library will be safe. If Valve go bust or I lose my account my account, I will lose EVERYTHING.

Also maintaining my offline installers is nowhere near as difficult as it may seem, thanks to community scripts. Abandoning my archiving practice would hardly give me any extra time for gaming.

While there there are indeed many outdated games, this issue is still nowhere near as widespread as you make it out to be.
ionberg: Gog has a 30-day money back guarantee policy. Don’t miss out on hot deals. I certainly didn’t and got a few games today.

They’ll eventually fix this and who knows, for the trouble might even throw in a free apology giveaway.

What about keeping them on check for things they are lazy about?

The installers for Doom enhanced 1 & 2 are missing Visual Studio libraries since the games launched.

Clearly their testers do not test games on fresh installations of windows. The majority of people who own those titles will never even become aware of this issue, as they likely have those VS libraries installed in their systems by other games they own.

Wanna contribute? Test Doom enhanced 1 & 2 on a fresh installation of windows: you will stumble upon a surprise if you try to enter any level in the game.

Not bashing on any user in particular, but simply pointing out the level of complacency that is so widespread among gog users: go to the DOOM Series forum and you will see that someone recently complained about this issue. A solution was found though: download yourself the VS libraries required to run that game and you are all set…

What am I missing there? Those are libraries that should be included in the first place.
Either include them for all games or remove them for all games so the user is forced to manually download and install said VS libraries themselves if they want to play games the have paid for.

Clownski (and loyal minions): are you going to delete this post or are you actually going to address this issue?

The next Quakecon sale is coming up next month. I predict there will be tons of refund requests for Doom enhanced 1 & 2 if this issue is not resolved by then.

Praise to all the gog usual suspects who never fail to keep gog on check, despite knowing the avalanche of hate that will flow their way afterwards. God only knows what they’d push on us if it weren’t for you.
Spam bots are getting good!
I played around 20% of my collection so far (and believe me, my collection is likely to be at least comparable to SargonAelther here). By the time I die in roughly 4 decades (judging by the current average lifespan), I plan on having played at least 75%. I'll see how the gaming landscape evolve, but if I find it too crappy (maybe it works for you, but I really despise the way Steam operates), I might stop buying games entirely at some point and just play from my backlog.

I grew up playing a diffrent game each weekend with rental (finishing most of them btw) and for better or for worse, that definitely shaped my mindset with gaming. I churn through games quickly and I favour new experience over a lot of repetition.

Once my child(ren) comes into the world, I plan on sharing the richest age-appropriate games in my collection with them. I plan for gaming to be as formative for them as it was for me.

So yes, backing up my collection matters a great deal to me.
Post edited July 22, 2023 by Magnitus
GOG.com: We would like to inform you that, due to our storage and CDN provider's outage, we are encountering technical issues that may cause difficulties in downloading and updating your games both through the GOG GALAXY client and GOG Store. Already downloaded files are in no way affected.

We are trying to mitigate this external problem by switching to our secondary storage while our provider is restoring data. We would also like to highlight that those issues do not affect purchasing games. Currently available discounts on selected titles will not be extended due to the above.

It is our team's top priority to resolve those issues and we aim to resolve them as fast as possible. Apologies for any inconveniences caused.
I'm sure you'll work it out soon. But you should remove DRM from some games, otherwise you break your principle.