It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In our first GOG 2022 update article, among many things we plan this year, we’ve mentioned we’ll keep on working to make the GOG GALAXY client more dynamic and interesting for users. Today we’d like to invite you to help us test the first update out of many, that we hope will help us achieve this goal.

With the Proteus update, you can feel like at home with the introduction of a new, experimental feature: customising the “Recent” view to your needs. Now you can add or remove widgets and move them around to your liking, and create a completely personalised experience that is tailor fit for you.

To get access to this update, first you need to go to your settings, enter the “General” section and tick the “Experimental features and updates” box.

It’s the first batch of the client customization options we have planned, so let us know how you like it!

To make it easier for you to share your opinions, and for us to listen and gather your comments about the features we’re testing, we’re introducing the experimental features feedback form. It will automatically show up triggered by actions you make in the client.

Once we test the performance of the new feature, gather feedback from you and apply needed fixes, we will release the Proteus update to all GOG GALAXY users.
SpikedWallMan: 2. Linux support. Seriously. It's inexcusable for the launcher written by the "champions of DRM-free" to not support the world's most common open-source OS.
eiii: And of course the Linux version should be open source. Knowing GOG this most likely won't happen. So I'm happy without a Galaxy client on Linux.
Yeah, open-sourcing Galaxy would probably be a good idea in general, but that may create additional security considerations that GOG doesn't want to deal with at the moment. If GOG was to allow community contributions to the Galaxy project, then they would have to spend a lot of time reviewing pull requests. And then there would be the concern of how to deal with malicious forks, etc. So maybe that's the hesitation.
low rated
GameReadyS: But it is not integrated in gog galaxy even though many users have requested it.
Gudadantza: Of course it is integrated in Galaxy. One of the points of a client is that kind of stuff
I don't see it integrated in the client. Maybe I'm wrong. A photo???
Gudadantza: Of course it is integrated in Galaxy. One of the points of a client is that kind of stuff
GameReadyS: I don't see it integrated in the client. Maybe I'm wrong. A photo???
You have all that info in the main "recent" screen, shown in five different sections. The ones you can customize/order since the last experimental update. That info was available there since the beginning of Galaxy 2.0 though.
cmclout: How have you managed to remain on Galaxy 1.2.67? GOG force-upgraded me shortly after 2.0 was released, and yes, lack of tag support is one of the most frustrating things about it. The next most frustrating thing is probably that you cannot select a game in your library and then use the keyboard arrow keys to navigate through the list.
Matthew94: The main thing is just to delete galaxyupdater.exe. There's a guide here but without the updater GOG won't be able to grab the 2.0 client.

1.2.67 still works 100% fine and it does everything I need it to.
I will definitely check that out. I was upset when I was force-updated to Galaxy 2.0 beta (who ever heard of someone being forced to update to a beta build of any software?!?) and the lack of tag support in 2.0 is beyond incomprehensible, so thank you for this information. I appreciate it.
ZubatyZub: That already exists though...
it's a newly created troll account with zero games
eiii: SteamCMD is open source.
vv221: I’ve been looking for its licence but could not find anything. I could not find its source code either.
Are you sure that it is really open source, and that you are not confusing it with some unofficial download client?
Looks like I've misread something. Even the Debian package is only a wrapper and downloads the binary from Valve. Sorry for the confusion!

SpikedWallMan: Yeah, open-sourcing Galaxy would probably be a good idea in general, but that may create additional security considerations that GOG doesn't want to deal with at the moment. If GOG was to allow community contributions to the Galaxy project, then they would have to spend a lot of time reviewing pull requests. And then there would be the concern of how to deal with malicious forks, etc. So maybe that's the hesitation.
Making the code open source already would be good enough for me. Accepting contributions from the community is not necessary. Being able to review the code does not harm the security, in the opposite, it may help to improve it.
Post edited April 02, 2022 by eiii
SpikedWallMan: Yeah, open-sourcing Galaxy would probably be a good idea in general, but that may create additional security considerations that GOG doesn't want to deal with at the moment. If GOG was to allow community contributions to the Galaxy project, then they would have to spend a lot of time reviewing pull requests. And then there would be the concern of how to deal with malicious forks, etc. So maybe that's the hesitation.
eiii: Making the code open source already would be good enough for me. Accepting contributions from the community is not necessary. Being able to review the code does not harm the security, in the opposite, it may help to improve it.
Of course being able to view the code improves the security, but only if their bugfix turnaround time is quick (which wasn't the case last time I checked). Not taking user contributions is a fair standpoint though if they don't want to have to scrutinize code written by others.

But yeah, I think that if GOG is truly serious about Galaxy then they should open-source the code and kick development into overdrive.
low rated
GameReadyS: I don't see it integrated in the client. Maybe I'm wrong. A photo???
Gudadantza: You have all that info in the main "recent" screen, shown in five different sections. The ones you can customize/order since the last experimental update. That info was available there since the beginning of Galaxy 2.0 though.
But it does not have a profile with the global percentage of achievements in relation to all games.
Gudadantza: You have all that info in the main "recent" screen, shown in five different sections. The ones you can customize/order since the last experimental update. That info was available there since the beginning of Galaxy 2.0 though.
GameReadyS: But it does not have a profile with the global percentage of achievements in relation to all games.
Indeed, the data is not in percentage but in total numbers and even in a colour I dislike. Unnaceptable.
Post edited April 02, 2022 by Gudadantza
It's good and all, but when is the Linux client comming? I'm using Lutris so far and it is perfect, it only lacks the ability to enter the Shop for obvious reasons. Or just make an open-source branch of the client from scratch.
low rated
So what are the new features?
GameReadyS: But it does not have a profile with the global percentage of achievements in relation to all games.
Gudadantza: Indeed, the data is not in percentage but in total numbers and even in a colour I dislike. Unnaceptable.
Effectively.
pferreira1983: So what are the new features?
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_experimental_update_for_gog_galaxy_is_out_97dab/post14
Well it's a pretty roundabout way to get it, but I had wanted the option to sort my games by purchase date (which you could in galaxy 1). Now that it can be customized and I can clear away the "what other people are playing" guff, the "Recent" page can do this job more cleanly than before; albeit with a limit of 10 games, so an overall net usefulness increase.
Okay thanks.