It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GameRager: snip
My parent have never been in the car with me, they refuse to let me drive until I have a license but im gonna ask my instructor to attend the test aswell as the examinor (a good little thing we have, dunno about other countries)

The wierd thing is I drove in Saudi for 8 months without a license, Thailand for 2 months and Southern Ireland for a year all without a license (or tax or insurance)

Its only when I moved into mainlad UK when it became that I didnt have a choice, the police here will not be bribed.
GameRager: Your parents won't let you practice drive? Lol, dumb overprotective parents.
Self preservance is what I think theyre going for, until I prove I can drive (by having a license) then I can do the driving.

I bought a car to practice with and everything and the put a fucking clamp on it and refused to let me use it to practice even with a trainee instructor. Its wierd.
GameRager: Get a learner's permit then and ask a friend to let you use their car to train in....all you need is a licensed driver with you when you practice to cover the law.
I tried that, it would put his insurance up by £1200 taking it to £1900 a year.
reaver894: I tried that, it would put his insurance up by £1200 taking it to £1900 a year.
GameRager: Don't tell insurance then.......duh. :P

My dad isn't covered by my granddad's insurance yet he uses his car all the time. A cop will only check your permit and your freind's license anyways.
over here if they pull you over they check insurance tax MOT license background check on the car everything
reaver894: over here if they pull you over they check insurance tax MOT license background check on the car everything
GameRager: Most cops don't do more than casually glance at the stuff, and again if you don't get pulled over......
if we were caught over here from my limited knowledge he'd lose his licence and id get banned from driving for 2 years.
reaver894: if we were caught over here from my limited knowledge he'd lose his licence and id get banned from driving for 2 years.
GameRager: Do they really pull people over for no reason that often over there? :\
around here yes. fife police are doing a campaign to clamp down on drivers at the moment
reaver894: around here yes. fife police are doing a campaign to clamp down on drivers at the moment
GameRager: Can't you just switch seats with your bud if your near a checkpoint? Then just say he's driving?
No, there arnt check pionts, theyre doing random stops and theyre dotted al over the place, too risky
reaver894: Self preservance is what I think theyre going for, until I prove I can drive (by having a license) then I can do the driving.

I bought a car to practice with and everything and the put a fucking clamp on it and refused to let me use it to practice even with a trainee instructor. Its wierd.
GameRager: Get a learner's permit then and ask a friend to let you use their car to train in....all you need is a licensed driver with you when you practice to cover the law.
Actually, in many states you need a licensed driver over the age of 21, this is specifically to keep a 15 and 17 year old from driving around together.
I want a job so freaking badly. My family depends on it. =/

Problem is I've got nothing special to offer. I worked one bloody year as a cashier and I'm already 22. I have no education past High School. No special training. I know other applicants want jobs just as badly as me, but are qualified as well with past work experience, degrees, training, etc.

I'm so fucking depressed I just lock myself in my room and have no social life whatsoever.

I come to GOG because I love classic games, and to enter contests hoping to win something to make myself feel better. It's pretty pathetic.

FML
Post edited March 03, 2011 by 8BitGinno
At my last track meet I only got 5:42 in the mile. I'm mad at myself, but I should be able to get a much faster time at the next meet.
8BitGinno: ...
Trust me on this, you need to get yourself out there; yes, it's hard and depressing while you're stuck searching for it, but you need to do this.

Maybe try and get an internship position somewhere, or start gathering some student loans and go back to college, even if it's community college or online courses.

What field are you interested in?
AndrewC: Trust me on this, you need to get yourself out there; yes, it's hard and depressing while you're stuck searching for it, but you need to do this.
This is very good advice. Just do something. Volunteer work is great. It doesn't pay any money? So what? It's free work: It develops your skills and develops your resume.
8BitGinno: I want a job so freaking badly. My family depends on it. =/

Problem is I've got nothing special to offer. I worked one bloody year as a cashier and I'm already 22. I have no education past High School. No special training. I know other applicants want jobs just as badly as me, but are qualified as well with past work experience, degrees, training, etc.

I'm so fucking depressed I just lock myself in my room and have no social life whatsoever.

I come to GOG because I love classic games, and to enter contests hoping to win something to make myself feel better. It's pretty pathetic.

FML
Were you strong in math and science in high school? You could always look into joining the Air Force or the Navy. I'm in the process of joining the Navy because I need a college degree. That will give you a steady income, and give you great training. Plus, the Air Force and Navy are bigger on higher education than the Marines or the Army.
8BitGinno: I want a job so freaking badly. My family depends on it. =/

FML
Around here you can pretty much always get a job in security if you're that hard up. Pay isn't great, but if you go union you're talking nearly $13 an hour plus health insurance. It's not great, but it's a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Just make sure you keep track of your hours separate from whatever they use to keep track. My former employer was stealing out of my paycheck for bogus reasons.
enterprise2004: Were you strong in math and science in high school? You could always look into joining the Air Force or the Navy. I'm in the process of joining the Navy because I need a college degree. That will give you a steady income, and give you great training. Plus, the Air Force and Navy are bigger on higher education than the Marines or the Army.
I don't know about that, but I do know that any of those will get you in on the GI Bill to help with college and these days the pay is quite a bit better than when my dad was in during the late 60s.
Post edited March 05, 2011 by hedwards
AndrewC: Trust me on this, you need to get yourself out there; yes, it's hard and depressing while you're stuck searching for it, but you need to do this.
Damuna: This is very good advice. Just do something. Volunteer work is great. It doesn't pay any money? So what? It's free work: It develops your skills and develops your resume.
Have to agree with this, I do volunteer work for a number of reasons but its also good for an employer to see, it shows that even though your out of paid employment your not sitting on your ass doing nothing (except job searching) and it also gives you experience and a refference. (Dunno if you guys use refferences over there)