It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SimonG: Recently I wanted to sent a DVD back, because I ordered the wrong one. Amazon said "keep it, we will refund you anyway".
I have a Kindle Cover that i had Purchased from a company on amazon, i was refunded my money because the listing said it fitted a Kindle Keyboard but it doesn't - i found it strange that i did not receive anything from them asking for it back

But to me, it is a letdown because lots of the really interesting stuff that says it will ship internationally won't to me, or it has shipping where the sellers are gouging
AacRrc: I was out trying to get some errands done, mainly doctor's appointments and buying school supplies. Unfortunately when I was having breakfast that morning, one of the most tragic events of my life happened.
I
SPILLED
MY
ORANGE
JUICE
So you're saying you spilled your drink?!? ;\

Damn. :(
There was a loud electric sound, a really evil sounding one, it lasted for about 2 seconds, a second's pause, then the sound again. Suddenly, electricity gone from half the house. Have replaced all the fuses, twice, but there are some places that just won't get the electricity back. Including the boiler and bathroom lights. Cold showers await! At least the kitchen's still functional.
So feeling better after surgery, for the first weekend, sun has come out, first warm weekend (hot even!) in like 6 weeks... and my car thermostat took a shit. Seriously, fuck me. Got the parts, know how to do it, but what I thought was the housing was the wrong hose (the easy one to get to), I'd inspected other hose and didn't see housing bolts, so of course it was this hose! Yeah, they were just hard to see, even fooled the guy at the parts store who used to own the same make and model car as mine.

So it's blazing fucking hot, mid-day, don't wanna get down on my knees, do a full coolant drain and take all the shit off I need to even try and reach the other bolts. I hate the kind of hose clamps they used on this car, fucking pain in the ass. Had to borrow a swivel joint, not sure if my wrench will reach even with that. When it cools down this evening I'm giving it a shot, I figure I'll have succeeded or given up by dark.

So wound up about it now I can't relax, play a video game, go anywhere, might just get drunk...
Fuck nosebleeds. I haven't had them since I was a kid but I woke up with a massive one yesterday and tonight I had another, though not so heavy. Feel like shit after them too. I think maybe I have a sinus infection or something, doctors appointment next week.
Me I'm so wound up about going for a trip to the friggin dental clinic to get 4 rotten teeth extracted they are broken off to the jawline the dentist last time I visited HIT A NERVE it felt like a cross between a lightning bolt and a chainsaw tearing my face apart I really don't want to go back there fearing for my life and wellbeing but he has my Medicare forms and my x-rays barbaric prick he is.
Goatbrush: Fuck nosebleeds. I haven't had them since I was a kid but I woke up with a massive one yesterday and tonight I had another, though not so heavy. Feel like shit after them too. I think maybe I have a sinus infection or something, doctors appointment next week.
Sounds like you had an Aneurysm Goatbrush lucky it bled because you'd have been a goner did you suffer a blow to the head before it happened because if it were it was severe concussion then did it bleed for three hours mine did when that happened to me it was pouring out for three hours someone thought I broke my neck it was so bad. It filled up an 11 litre bucket and a half I lost about 17.5 litres of blood I went into shock and felt like I was dying nearly did die.
Post edited August 04, 2012 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: ...
Naw I'm pretty sure they're just bog standard nosebleeds. I've been sneezing pretty violently for a few weeks now, but putting off a doctors appointment and thinking it was just seasonal/allergy related. It could still be of course, but I noticed the areas around the sinuses are a bit puffy and coupled with the nosebleeds I figured I'd get it checked out.
fr33kSh0w2012: ...
Goatbrush: Naw I'm pretty sure they're just bog standard nosebleeds. I've been sneezing pretty violently for a few weeks now, but putting off a doctors appointment and thinking it was just seasonal/allergy related. It could still be of course, but I noticed the areas around the sinuses are a bit puffy and coupled with the nosebleeds I figured I'd get it checked out.
Go to the doctor, seriously, it's not worth living with something like that and if you actually have an infection you could be hurting your internal organs. Beyond that, you might just have seasonal allergies, even if it's not, you'll likely try a nasal steroid at first. If it is allergies ask for a nasal antihistamine spray, they're fucking expensive but they do work (the cheap one is nasty, really nasty, Patanase works pretty well for me, hopefully covered under your system).

I've been on allergy shots for 2 years, finally this yeah I realized how many people in my office had allergies, because finally I wasn't suffering when they were. It takes a cocktail of shit to make that happen, but so long as I'm stuck living here it beats the alternative by a million miles.

So, I had to dig 5 pages back to find this, going well then for everyone, is it?

I couldn't get a bolt off my car, scraped the shit out of my hands, was the last bolt too. Took it to the shop this morning and it'll be 150 USD for them to do it, all for something I could have damn well done myself, if not for that bolt. Fuck.

Also, whoever invented those compression hose clamps needs a kick in the balls.

I guess I need more tools, extenders for my impact wrench and a breaker bar...
Post edited August 06, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Go to the doctor, seriously, it's not worth living with something like that and if you actually have an infection you could be hurting your internal organs. Beyond that, you might just have seasonal allergies, even if it's not, you'll likely try a nasal steroid at first.
Yeah went this morning, he thinks it could be a sinus infection, just got a strong course of antibiotics though. Said to go back if they don't clear it up and they'll do some tests. Hoping they work.
That does it! I'm officially fed up with the XBox-version of Halo 2. I most probably will not play it anymore, ever never.

I think I will buy the PC version, I see some stores selling it for around 12€ or so. I guess it is a high price for such an old game, but I want to see whether the PC version is less irritating. If it is just as irritating, as a last resort I will try to play it on a lower difficulty level.

I would ask about the DRM, but I guess it has some kind of GFWL activation online or something. Too bad no place seems to sell a digital version.

This decision makes me kinda sad, because it also makes my old XBox possibly the worst electric appliance purchase I can remember. Besides Halo 2, I have not played any other games on it ever, and I haven't even used it as the advanced media player for DVDs and other media files that it was supposed to be, at least modded. It is too damn loud and clunky that I'd ever wanted to use it as one, the humming is deafening.

My old PS2, however, has been one of my best purchases ever. Odd.
Post edited August 08, 2012 by timppu
I'm so bored with everyone and everything around me. I can't even have a good time with bowling or video games anymore, which used to be two of my favorite hobbies. I just lost my job and had to move back in with the rents. To be quite honest, I hardly even give a damn about myself or how I look (physically or professionally). It's become a challenge to really even climb out of bed in the morning, and the only reason I do it is because I don't want my Pops to start flipping out on me. People aren't meant to need extrinsic motivation just to simply survive. I feel very weary for being so young.
Pretty much the same conundrum that you're in mate. I quit my job but have to give another 2 months notice ; just hate it there. Too much pressure as a journalist and just want this thing to get done with already. I don't even feel like going to work but I have my folks back home to take care of - no social life, no time for a gf or a relationship and everything just blows to high heaven.

EC-: I'm so bored with everyone and everything around me. I can't even have a good time with bowling or video games anymore, which used to be two of my favorite hobbies. I just lost my job and had to move back in with the rents. To be quite honest, I hardly even give a damn about myself or how I look (physically or professionally). It's become a challenge to really even climb out of bed in the morning, and the only reason I do it is because I don't want my Pops to start flipping out on me. People aren't meant to need extrinsic motivation just to simply survive. I feel very weary for being so young.
Post edited August 09, 2012 by Lionel212008
Met two super awesome girls (both asian and really my type...) , both pretty and have personality plus. Unfortunately both have bfs. HAHAHAH... Ahhhh life, you do laugh at me!!!.. ****.........
From the U.S. and when I look at women from eastern Europe and Britain, it's like they're all packing watermelons in their shirts..what gives? I hate it here, and small boobs just makes things worse. Even when they're fat - and trust me there's a lot of fat chicks here - they're lacking up top. Count me jealous of my european brethren.
Post edited August 10, 2012 by scampywiak
scampywiak: From the U.S. and when I look at women from eastern Europe and Britain, it's like they're all packing watermelons in their shirts..what gives? I hate it here, and small boobs just makes things worse. Even when they're fat - and trust me there's a lot of fat chicks here - they're lacking up top. Count me jealous of my european brethren.
Where are you living? We have plenty of big boobs on the west coast! Probably a lot of fake ones too, but plenty of real ones too.