It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

reaver894: I fell out of bed and half landed on a dog that decided to drag its bed to my room in the last hourish
enterprise2004: So should we feel sorry for you or the dog?
well the dog ran off for about a minute, i have a six inch bruise
AndrewC: rant
I can't believe how awful that sounds. Great rant, would read again, you bring up excellent points, and although I've never used the language it sounds like the people who put it together must have been... lacking in their ability to do so.

My only issue right now is that I'm actually so burned out in my last term of school that I'm playing video games instead of homework. I've never had this problem before, and now is really a great time to have it, when I need to be finishing my homework and graduating. I don't think I've gotten myself into any trouble yet, but my gosh, I've just been working and having fun, completely ignoring school for the past three weeks at least. My bad. On the upside, work is an internship at Intel, so that's pretty cool.
AndrewC: rant
PhoenixWright: I can't believe how awful that sounds. Great rant, would read again, you bring up excellent points, and although I've never used the language it sounds like the people who put it together must have been... lacking in their ability to do so.

My only issue right now is that I'm actually so burned out in my last term of school that I'm playing video games instead of homework. I've never had this problem before, and now is really a great time to have it, when I need to be finishing my homework and graduating. I don't think I've gotten myself into any trouble yet, but my gosh, I've just been working and having fun, completely ignoring school for the past three weeks at least. My bad. On the upside, work is an internship at Intel, so that's pretty cool.
Grind through school, man, at this point you'll be paying for it whether you fuck up the last semester or not. I got married my last semester and screwing was much more fun than studying. I didn't get really great grades, but I did finish, and that's the important part. Lower the bar if you must (maybe a C is okay, if you weren't getting Valedictorian anyway and you're not applying to grad school).

Cross the finish line, then you may collapse. I suggest you buy PAX tickets too, I'll buy ya a beer when we get there.
AndrewC: ....
Holy shitballs, developing for Android is easier than that. I can even use Eclipse and debug in memory on my EVO.

Are you sure your boss doesn't just need to pony up for a decent IDE?

I used to have to write my own data structures in C++ so I know what a pain in the ass it can be to go back to a language like that.
Post edited April 25, 2011 by orcishgamer
PhoenixWright: My only issue right now is that I'm actually so burned out in my last term of school that I'm playing video games instead of homework. I've never had this problem before, and now is really a great time to have it, when I need to be finishing my homework and graduating. I don't think I've gotten myself into any trouble yet, but my gosh, I've just been working and having fun, completely ignoring school for the past three weeks at least. My bad. On the upside, work is an internship at Intel, so that's pretty cool.
I hear you, I'm fortunate enough to be in a 5 month program, but it's pretty brutal, that means taking a full 12 credits ever single term and the last few weeks, I've been barely able to stand looking at work, even if the work itself is engaging and not too bad.

Fortunately, I'll be done at the end of May, and get to start looking for a new job. Thankfully, I can get one pretty much anywhere in the world, or locally if I choose, but it's kind of angsty not knowing what the prospects are going to be like.

I'm growing to really hate graduate level homework and projects.

Also, since this is a bitch thread, I want to go and attach jumper cables to whatever moron it was that decided to make English a non-phonetic language. Seriously, Brits, why should I have to suffer because you couldn't keep from being invaded by everybody and their cousin.
And she's now gone from my life. For good.

I guess this means that I now can move on with next phase of my life.
So I am kind of wondering something, rather something that has been bothering me for abit. I'm told that I am a nice guy, and all that. Which to my knowladge is close enough to the truth to be just about true. In Iraq relationships were frowned upon yet existed, yet here I seem to find people who create lists of reasons not to date.

Is life really that complicated that we need a list to tell us why we should or should not become involved? Perhaps I am overthinking this, but it would seem to me that if we spend 10 to 40 hours of our week around each other doing things like horseback riding, picnic at sunset on a beach, dinner and a movie etc etc etc. We obviously get along well enough, after all I know most if not all of your secrets and you know some of mine.

In the grand scheme of things is it really worth fussing over the little details or should you just go with it?

/sigh...............

I had Easter Lunch/Dinner with this gal, and her friends. All of her friends thought we were dating, most of mine thought the same. We are not dating....... She said "I would never date you" on more then one occasion, yet she wants to hang out and do things a couple would do.......... Wtf? Yesterday she wanted to get a dog with me........ I mean realllllllly what the heck is that about.... Sure we could go joint custody on a pup but if she should start dating someone else how does that work?

Sigh..... sorry....... I'm drowning in a sea of assholes....

(Still no word as to when/if I will be heading back to Iraq/Afghan that is 100% certain....I'd almost stay here at this point I just wish I knew what was going on in her head.)
akwater: So I am kind of wondering something, rather something that has been bothering me for abit. I'm told that I am a nice guy, and all that. Which to my knowladge is close enough to the truth to be just about true. In Iraq relationships were frowned upon yet existed, yet here I seem to find people who create lists of reasons not to date.

Is life really that complicated that we need a list to tell us why we should or should not become involved? Perhaps I am overthinking this, but it would seem to me that if we spend 10 to 40 hours of our week around each other doing things like horseback riding, picnic at sunset on a beach, dinner and a movie etc etc etc. We obviously get along well enough, after all I know most if not all of your secrets and you know some of mine.

In the grand scheme of things is it really worth fussing over the little details or should you just go with it?

/sigh...............

I had Easter Lunch/Dinner with this gal, and her friends. All of her friends thought we were dating, most of mine thought the same. We are not dating....... She said "I would never date you" on more then one occasion, yet she wants to hang out and do things a couple would do.......... Wtf? Yesterday she wanted to get a dog with me........ I mean realllllllly what the heck is that about.... Sure we could go joint custody on a pup but if she should start dating someone else how does that work?

Sigh..... sorry....... I'm drowning in a sea of assholes....

(Still no word as to when/if I will be heading back to Iraq/Afghan that is 100% certain....I'd almost stay here at this point I just wish I knew what was going on in her head.)
Dude, that chick has issues. Now I know that you can "not date" and still do the funky monkey dance, I guess if that's the case you have some sort of relationship and she's just hung up on terminology.

I kind of wonder what age this girl is.

Anyway, it's all guessing since I can't see any of this, but generally in Iraq I would bet people see what life can be reduced to and shit like the "perfect baby daddy" or whatever the hell just becomes a lot less important.

Look man, you're quitting your job anyway, come south and hang out in some sunshine (or if you pick Portland or Seattle, at least warmer weather). Leave her behind, take a little chunk out of savings and just hang out/party, whatever. Do the things you won't be able to do in Iraq when you go back.

I can't say about your town up there, but there's a million gals out there that no longer believe in that whole romance film bullshit. In a small town, though, you're going to be hanging out with a lot of people who never really leave for any length of time. That small world is all they want (and that's a valid choice), people like you will find that boring (me too, fwiw).
MGShogun: And she's now gone from my life. For good.

I guess this means that I now can move on with next phase of my life.
This is only an opinion, my opinion at that, if you have to wait on someone to move to the next phase of your life that person is probably a negative influence on you. Look, life's short, you're going to look back and wish you had gone backpacking in Malaysia or whatever. Don't waste time hanging around watching a relationship self destruct.

Now if schooling or similar is part of your longterm plans, don't shitcan the whole thing for no good reason, but make sure that when you're having trouble making it to the bathroom on time in your eighties that you don't regret how you spent your youth.

Again, merely an observation, and I can't say I've always taken my own advice.
Post edited April 29, 2011 by orcishgamer
Perfect thread for me right now.

My external harddrive stopped working today, it said it was "corrupt and unreadable". I had put some of my games on there because my internal harddrive doesn't have much space, and I bought a larger internal harddrive. Now my external harddrive won't work, and there are games on there and tv shows nowhere else...:'(
orcishgamer: Dude, that chick has issues. Now I know that you can "not date" and still do the funky monkey dance, I guess if that's the case you have some sort of relationship and she's just hung up on terminology.

Anyway, it's all guessing since I can't see any of this, but generally in Iraq I would bet people see what life can be reduced to and shit like the "perfect baby daddy" or whatever the hell just becomes a lot less important.

Look man, you're quitting your job anyway, come south and hang out in some sunshine (or if you pick Portland or Seattle, at least warmer weather). Leave her behind, take a little chunk out of savings and just hang out/party, whatever. Do the things you won't be able to do in Iraq when you go back.

I can't say about your town up there, but there's a million gals out there that no longer believe in that whole romance film bullshit. In a small town, though, you're going to be hanging out with a lot of people who never really leave for any length of time. That small world is all they want (and that's a valid choice), people like you will find that boring (me too, fwiw).
Well we don't do anything serious. no sex, no kissing, or anything like that. We have made out on occasion. However dunno. Everyone seems to think we are dating.

She is 23, young... I know... I know :)

As to leaving, im back on the fence (I KNOW I should leave this town, but I am not sure if I should go back to war..... Perhaps I only function in chaos....)

meh.... dunno just wished I'd catch a break with either the relationship or work, or something
I'm over with state tests but now I have to worry about finals and passing 2 classes. Ugh...
orcishgamer: Dude, that chick has issues. Now I know that you can "not date" and still do the funky monkey dance, I guess if that's the case you have some sort of relationship and she's just hung up on terminology.

akwater: Well we don't do anything serious. no sex, no kissing, or anything like that. We have made out on occasion. However dunno. Everyone seems to think we are dating.

She is 23, young... I know... I know :)

As to leaving, im back on the fence (I KNOW I should leave this town, but I am not sure if I should go back to war..... Perhaps I only function in chaos....)

meh.... dunno just wished I'd catch a break with either the relationship or work, or something
SF is probably a cooler city, but I'm not sure if there's work there right now. Seattle and Portland still have work and are pretty suburban (beats Gnome or whatever BFE city you're in at any rate:) ).
orcishgamer: SF is probably a cooler city, but I'm not sure if there's work there right now. Seattle and Portland still have work and are pretty suburban (beats Gnome or whatever BFE city you're in at any rate:) ).
Hehehe... I'm in Juneau, Alaska. 30k people are here during tourist season.

I started looking at what it would take to get an cert in another state, so at any rate we will see how it goes. Monday I should know more about Iraq/Afghan
well if you remember a while back i posted about a driving test see post 962.

I wasnt ready on the 5th of April and sat it today. (7 hours ago)

This was the first time id sat the test and was fully expecting to fail.

I PASSED...
Congrats!
What should I do when I am the only damned person in this relationship that actually tries to make it work? it's always me caring for her, it's always me helping her, surprising her, giving her flowers on occasions and without any occasion. I give her absolutely everything from myself, my time, my attention. I've never loved anyone this much.

I couldn't think of anything more that I could do for this relationship. And yet, she seems cold and distant. She never remembers our anniversaries (oh the irony), she never cares to do anything nice or special for those occasions (while I literally do back flips to surprise her with something pleasant). She never says any nice things to me (like 'I missed you' or 'It's good to see you again'.), nothing. Not to mention the dreadful, absolutely depressing, long silence when I told her that I love her for the first time (to this day she never ever responded to that). She never let me sleep over at her place (nor she wants to sleep over at my place).

I heard that I have to patient and I try to be. I try to be there for her every day. I never complain to her but days like these, when she's cold and in bad mood make me feel really down.

Bleh, just had to get this off my chest.