It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: Mary Skelter 2
Genre: RPG and strategy
Discount: 15% off until 27th January 2022, 5 PM UTC.
Is the GOG version censored like the Steam version?
low rated
Nice!
And...bought!
Dungeon crawler is one of my favorite genre ^^

PS:Need more Dungeon RPG :)
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Reglisse
I can't make sense of the relation to the previous game. Knowing Idea factory, they have no problem restarting the canon in what looks like a sequel (it took me a few hours of gameplay before I realized why the characters act a little weird in neptunia 2). So... anyone has more info on this?

Also steam forum seems mainly full of posts about how they cut content compared to switch version. Not sure I'll be getting this one. I still have to finish the first anyway.
low rated
Asturaetus: Is the GOG version censored like the Steam version?
Off course, it is.

For anybody wondering, yes it is censored.
http://operationrainfall.com/2022/01/04/mary-skelter-2-will-be-censored-on-steam/
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Marcus-Havoc
huan: neptunia 2
One of the things that I like about that series is the description of the Celestia bangle.
Attachments:
celb.png (67 Kb)
Damn, read this after buying it. Guess I'll ask for a refund.
low rated
Waifu4Life: Damn, read this after buying it. Guess I'll ask for a refund.
I warned people during the "Coming Soon" moment
huan: I can't make sense of the relation to the previous game. Knowing Idea factory, they have no problem restarting the canon in what looks like a sequel (it took me a few hours of gameplay before I realized why the characters act a little weird in neptunia 2). So... anyone has more info on this?

Also steam forum seems mainly full of posts about how they cut content compared to switch version. Not sure I'll be getting this one. I still have to finish the first anyway.
It's really hard to explain, but I'll try to summarize.

Mary Skelter 2 tells the same story as 1 but in an alternate context. Also, Mary Skelter 1 received a remake that comes as bonus content from 2, and in this remake there is the true ending.

Bottom line: Play Mary Skelter 2 FIRST, then play the remake of 1. If you've already played the original, play 2 and then seek the remake's true ending.

I know, it's a mess, but the game is so good (if you're into this genre) that it's worth it!
Patias: It's really hard to explain, but I'll try to summarize.

Mary Skelter 2 tells the same story as 1 but in an alternate context. Also, Mary Skelter 1 received a remake that comes as bonus content from 2, and in this remake there is the true ending.

Bottom line: Play Mary Skelter 2 FIRST, then play the remake of 1. If you've already played the original, play 2 and then seek the remake's true ending.

I know, it's a mess, but the game is so good (if you're into this genre) that it's worth it!
Thanks, I may give it a chance then. I think I got stuck in first when I began exploring some central big tower, or it's near surroundings. Well, stuck is the wrong word, it isn't a bad or tough game. I just got distracted by other games, and already forgotten much of where I was or where I was heading next.
darktjm: One of the things that I like about that series is the description of the Celestia bangle.
Heh, I don't remember seeing or noticing that one. There may be good reasons to do reboots, I just wish they made it more obvious instead of calling it "Re;Birth2" and making fools of people who don't do deep research before diving in.
Waifu4Life: Damn, read this after buying it. Guess I'll ask for a refund.
Marcus-Havoc: I warned people during the "Coming Soon" moment
Just got my refund from GOG. When will companies learn "Get Woke, Go Broke!" That being said, we know nowadays that companies to try to censor these things usually have women harassers and pedos in their staff, so....
Asturaetus: Is the GOG version censored like the Steam version?
Marcus-Havoc: Off course, it is.

http://operationrainfall.com/2022/01/04/mary-skelter-2-will-be-censored-on-steam/
I'd like to hear the official response from GOG or Ghostlight. Obviously I cannot buy a censored version. The censorship patch for MS2 on PS4 was the beginning of the end for me on Playstation after 20+ years and 4.5 consoles.

Because of the unique GOG distribution, I will still buy a censored verison if a fanmade uncensor patch comes out. That is assuming Ghostlight does not remove any of the assets of the censored minigame.

Unfallen_Satan: I'd like to hear the official response from GOG or Ghostlight. Obviously I cannot buy a censored version. The censorship patch for MS2 on PS4 was the beginning of the end for me on Playstation after 20+ years and 4.5 consoles.

Because of the unique GOG distribution, I will still buy a censored verison if a fanmade uncensor patch comes out. That is assuming Ghostlight does not remove any of the assets of the censored minigame.
I'll also buy if a patch is made... and the game becomes like 60% off or something.
Patias: Mary Skelter 2 tells the same story as 1 but in an alternate context. Also, Mary Skelter 1 received a remake that comes as bonus content from 2, and in this remake there is the true ending.
Apologies but that's not quite correct.
Without getting into heavy spoiler territory, the events of MS2 take place before MS1. It is not the same story by any stretch.
Furthermore, the post endgame content of MS1 Remake is mandatory for those planning to play MS Finale.
But you are ofc correct about needing to play 2 before 1. If you wanna take it further, add the light novels to the mix too.

EDIT: There's a reason MS1R is locked until you finish MS2. (unless you apply the free DLC that unlocks it but that's lazy)
Finally, MS1R features a function that lets you skip to ch8 by answering a very specific question that only the ones who have finished MS2 would know the answer to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fully intended to double dip until i found out Ghostlight would handle the port. And true enough they removed content.
The importance of said content to gameplay is not relevant to the fact both rating boards were ignored.
Content that had passed both ESRB and PEGI approvals as proven by the uncensored switch version. So i am not buying their "reasons beyond our control" PR blurb. Just my 2 eurocents.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Hikage1983

Unfallen_Satan: I'd like to hear the official response from GOG or Ghostlight. Obviously I cannot buy a censored version. The censorship patch for MS2 on PS4 was the beginning of the end for me on Playstation after 20+ years and 4.5 consoles.

Here is an official Ghostlight statement (though it never does explain the actual reasons why they had to destroy a game which could have sold quite well otherwise):

https://twitter.com/ghostlightgames/status/1478376182882177028