It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In a mood for an adorable, colorful farming simulator?

We got you! Get ready for Everafter Falls, now available on GOG with a -10% launch discount until July 4th, 4 PM UTC!

Immerse yourself in a farming adventure of Everafter Falls, where you can reignite the joys of life. You’ll get a chance to engage in farming, fishing, crafting, and battling as you strive to restore peace in this captivating world. Utilize drones and resource-harvesting pixies to maximize your productivity, progress through the game with a unique card-eating progression system, and delve into mysterious dungeons brimming with excitement.

Now on GOG!
I feel like I should pull a Breja here and say that this looks like a fun game "wasted" on a farming simulator, but I probably shouldn't stoop to that level. Oh well, too late.

On a more serious note, I always find these kind of games a bit odd. I generally thought that people who want to play a farming simulator wouldn't want to be fighting enemies in the same game. (Not that I don't think there are people who like both farming and combat, just that if someone is in the mood for a farming sim they wouldn't want to have to be fighting enemies.) People keep making games like this though, so I guess I am wrong.

I personally find farming sims boring, but would probably enjoy the other half of this game. Oh well, this game isn't for me, moving on.
Post edited June 20, 2024 by MasterofFiction
GOG.com: Release: Everafter Falls
In a mood for an adorable, colorful farming simulator?
That's really cute.
Nice, clean graphics. Colorful.

If I didn't own other games of that genre already ("HM", "SV"), I could feel tempted.
Alas...
Sorry for being like those constant moaners, but I had hoped for the sci-fi variant AKA little-known galaxy.
Post edited June 20, 2024 by mk47at
MasterofFiction: I feel like I should pull a Breja here and say that this looks like a fun game "wasted" on a farming simulator, but I probably shouldn't stoop to that level. Oh well, too late.

On a more serious note, I always find these kind of games a bit odd. I generally thought that people who want to play a farming simulator wouldn't want to be fighting enemies in the same game. (Not that I don't think there are people who like both farming and combat, just that if someone is in the mood for a farming sim they wouldn't want to have to be fighting enemies.) People keep making games like this though, so I guess I am wrong.

I personally find farming sims boring, but would probably enjoy the other half of this game. Oh well, this game isn't for me, moving on.
this
There's an entire series of games called Rune Factory that are Farming + Pokemon + Life/Dating Sim.

While that means that I should be the target demographic for this game, I really hate dumb mini games. This one looks like there's going to be a bunch of dumb mini games as the trailer video shows a rhythm mini game, which is my most hated type of mini game. Fishing also looks like it is more complicated in this game than it needs to be. If fishing is more complicated than fishing in the first Animal Crossing, the developer is doing it wrong. If I wanted complicated fishing, I'd just play an all fishing game.

So even though I should be all excited for this game, I'm feeling that this may be a case of no amount of cats will make it enjoyable.
*watches trailer* Just eat it you say? =P
Neat, it's Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons/Stardew Valley/Animal Crossing with none of the visual charm!

I understand the graphical style, but this is a bit too clean, lacking a certain je ne sais quoi to give it a visual flair.

And reading over the description/screenshots gives it nothing to go on either.

I also had this problem with Slime Rancher. Once you get past the bubbling cloy, you're left with a very bad exploration game.
Trying to resist until I'm ready to play it in case I really don't like how the "mystery" goes, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. It looks cute and I like minigames. I do wish they didn't have fighting but it seems like the number of developers who can even imagine a game without fighting is very small :(.
Why not "All Autumns"? : ) I couldn't find one cat. Game for dog lovers : )
solseb: Why not "All Autumns"? : ) I couldn't find one cat. Game for dog lovers : )
That thing in the second pic isn't a cat?

This game is giving me Animal Crossing vibes for some reason.
A bit of a cute overload but it might be fun to play sometime so I put it on my list of wanted games.
Post edited June 21, 2024 by JacobSlatter
JacobSlatter: (....)
Looks like Vixen or I need glasses full of vision. With this dog next to her they could have a Dogxim! : )
Maybe it's a good game 🎯
JacobSlatter: That thing in the second pic isn't a cat?
I don't think so, look at the top animation in the page (under about, might need to right click and select play to see the animation if you have autoplay off). Of course, realistically (since these games are all about realism :) ) not many cats would just follow you around that closely so possibly there are cats around that didn't make it into the screenshots.

One cute thing from the trailer is if you stay out too late ghosts will chase you and drop you in bed :).
Seems familiar to me. Nah, probably just me

.NRUTER YAM I TAHT REWOP TNEICNA EHT EKOVNI I .NRUB OT EMOC SAH EMIT YM LTOLOXA
joveian: Trying to resist until I'm ready to play it in case I really don't like how the "mystery" goes, but I'm not sure I'll be able to. It looks cute and I like minigames. I do wish they didn't have fighting but it seems like the number of developers who can even imagine a game without fighting is very small :(.
I think the mystery is either joking or overstated. Like a missing hat.