It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Destro
I think a player matching service would be awesome! A lot of the player matching services pointed to by these old games are defunct...
Thanks!
I'd like an update on what kind of features are coming.
I'd like a Vote History and a option to make it visible to others.
That way it's easier to see what games I have added so I can add more and if I find someone in the community that share my taste in games I can look at the games he's voted on and hopefully find some gems I've missed. Great way to find games to vote for too.
I would like there is on account - my whishlist - my games - options to sort games by genre, or price or manualy.
Thank you :)
Tarm: I'd like a Vote History and a option to make it visible to others.
That way it's easier to see what games I have added so I can add more and if I find someone in the community that share my taste in games I can look at the games he's voted on and hopefully find some gems I've missed. Great way to find games to vote for too.

Did you ment that all game I have voted are listed to me or visible.
I vote for it!
Post edited October 30, 2009 by Snow
How about not automatically being queued to the "New Users" section on the lower right of the homepage if all you do is change your avatar?
Luned: How about not automatically being queued to the "New Users" section on the lower right of the homepage if all you do is change your avatar?

Too much work, easier to just retitle the section to "New Users/Avatars" :-P
How about getting rid of that section entirely? Okay, so it's a box that tells me that somebody has just registered an account named MasterCowz. What exactly am I supposed to do with that information? I just fail to see the point.
Edit: Anyway, what I'd like to see is the "Games you'd like to see on GOG" section allowing me to see more of the most requested games than just the first ten. Ideally there ought to be a scoll button and the list should include if not all of the games, then at least the first hundred or so.
The reason behind this is that yeah, I voted for Planescape and Outcast, but I'm pretty sure I could think of a few other games as well that I'd love to see on GOG. But I just can't remember them. And even if I could I'd have to do a search, because chances are somebody else had already added them. If I could browse the list by popularity, not only could I satisfy my curiosity but I could stumble upon them, go "oh yeah, I remember this one, that was fun", and vote for it, without the hassle of browsing the 'newest first' list cluttered by obscure titles nobody has ever heard of.
Edit #2: Also, the edit function doesn't seem to work too well with Opera and eats the quotes.
Post edited October 31, 2009 by Sordid
Given that many of these games are running through dosbox, it wouldn't be too hard to make linux versions of them that run through the linux version of dosbox, would it? I know linux is a tiny fragment of the market, but it would be nice not to have to change over to my windows partitition every time I wanted to play games.
Can't you make a download all bonuses or make somekind of checkbox system when choosing what to download? Would make it a lot easier on us.
Can we get a multiplayer category for games, and more bonus downloads?
I'm madly in love with Earthworm Jim's model sheets! I wish you had rare content like that for all your games! ^ .^
Xian97: While it might not be so important now, an Update notification or something similar might be needed in the future. Whenever a game that you have purchased has an update, you are notified when you log on to your account.
jema: Information on updated installers is what I want. Both MDK and Sacrifice have been given new installers that fix some issues but there is no or very little info regarding this so a "we have pathed a game you own" mail would be nice.
TAurusRO: I would like for the users to be notified (e.g. by email) of any updates of the purchased games (e.g. new game installer, new bonus content, etc). This way the users will know if they are up to date with the downloaded content.
Petrell: Add update dates to file download window so users can see if a file has ever been updated. This is especially important with game installers (but may occasionally apply others as well) as unless you follow topics in games forum closely you may easily miss a notice about file update.
gbarules2999: Just a little e-mail warning or such that notifies you that new content is available for your game (whether it be a new soundtrack or updated installer) would be great.
Falci: I don't know if anybody else mentioned it, but I'd like a feature that would tell me whenever a game I own got its install file updated so that I can download it again.

Yes! This is a feature I've been missing as well. Any kind of update (e-mail, RSS feed, or dates/version numbers at the 'my games' page) would be really nice.
There's quite a few posts already on the topic of the Wishlist site:
I'd like to add my voice to this topic - and I'll be doubling up on what some people have said, but repetition hopefully will lead to change!
1 - better sorting / filtering of the games listed. There are a ridiculous number of games and it would help to have some automatic filters to put in place rather than just the search function
2 - add the ability to order the games - all the ones on the front page have only 1 or 2 votes, and show us how many pages there really are! All you see is that you can still click to the next page... and the next... and the next...
3 - moderate the new games - there are several games (for example look up No One Lives Forever) where there are several entries for what is really the same game. This wastes space and time. We should somehow find a way to combine the votes and reduce the number of games listed
4 - Remove games once they are added to the catalogue
5 - Why aren't the most voted for games getting on there! WAH! UFO Aftermath got 122 votes (and still remains on the wishlist!) and got naff reviews too, when System Shock 2 is siting at 8650 votes and is beloved by all (except for me, I will admit, but I am special!)
There, that's my two cents worth. Other than that, the range of games on this site rocks, and the prices are well worth it. Well done!
I posted a few pages ago my most wanted not yet available GOG feature, i.e. the possibility to split my games page in more pages in order to keep them in a better order.
When games become a lot, one page isn't enough to avoid confusion.
Doesn't anyone agree on this?
I thought it might have been a very popular request, but I didn't receive any feedback to my previous post.
Post edited December 03, 2009 by malrau
anomaly: 5 - Why aren't the most voted for games getting on there! WAH! UFO Aftermath got 122 votes (and still remains on the wishlist!) and got naff reviews too, when System Shock 2 is siting at 8650 votes and is beloved by all (except for me, I will admit, but I am special!)

It's all down to legal stuff. GOG can't just put games on sale without proper permission and contracts with the owners of the IP. Consider also that the IP to many old games changes hands several times. The original IP holders may no longer exist, for example, and it may be difficult to track down who currently holds the IP. Then, even once found, there is always the chance that the current IP holder does not wish to sell the game anymore.
So a game could very well be the most wanted game on GOG, but if the IP holders don't want it sold, it'll never be sold on GOG. The wishlist is merely a list for submitting your wishes. It is not definitive shopping list -- thus the inclusion of a game on the wishlist does not necessarily mean it will ever be sold here.
I know that's probably not want you wanted to hear, but that's the way it unfortunately is.
I have a suggestion regarding the 'Wanted Games' feature which has probably been suggested before, just a simple expansion of the most voted games to encourage some votes on other games, there's a huge difference between games on that list and games on the main list, if the top voted list extended on (or if the main list had sorting by # of votes functionality) i think GoG.com would see a lot more users remembering old games they (and others) enjoyed and want to see on the marketplace.
I clicked through like 17 pages of 'good old games' before i got fed up, and i LOVE old pc games. There are too many titles that are not 'good old games' and i recognise the term good is subjective, but the terms 'old' and 'games' should not be, i've seen plenty of recent games on the wanted list 'Resident Evil 5'? 'Modern Warefare 2'?, and plenty of titles that are not even games 'MS DOS 3.0'? 'Windows 3.1'? 'Adobe Photoshop'? These are ridiculous and ruin what should be a really fun and useful feature.
In summary: give numerical sorting tools on the wanted games list, while i searched out for specific games that i played in the past and would be interested in buying not all users will remember what they played or be bothered to hunt out these game entries.