It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Destro
Catshade: I would like this General discussion subforum to be split into two: General gaming discussion and...uh, other nongaming discussion. The current subforum is too chaotic, IMO.
Dafrety: That's a good idea. I'd like to be able to gift games to other people. I don't quite know if this is possible or not, but It would be nice to be able to buy a second copy to give to someone else's account.

Huh? You can already do that. In the game's page, just click below the 'download now' button (or beside 'add to wishlist' option).
Dafrety: That's a good idea. I'd like to be able to gift games to other people. I don't quite know if this is possible or not, but It would be nice to be able to buy a second copy to give to someone else's account.
Catshade: Huh? You can already do that. In the game's page, just click below the 'download now' button (or beside 'add to wishlist' option).

Oh wow. I must be going blind. Thanks!
I have ANOTHER idea. :P
Hopefully this one will be implemented soon, because I have plenty of phone credit just burning a hole in my pocket.
Alright, let me give you some background first. I, do not really 100% like paypal, I know EVERYONE does, but I dont really. Often I dont even have acess to one, and that makes buying GOG's often hard. I have only gotten like 2 that I have bought, ive always thought of alternitive ways to pay in my mind, and how many other games I would buy.. the answer is LOTS.
Other background, up till recently I did not own a mobile, but last christmas I finally bought one. A prepaid optus phone, for which if I buy $30 of credit I get $300 in credit... That was fine for me, but a little too much. I always found I was left over with stuff at the end of the month and found myself wasting the leftover BONUS credit, being still left with my full $30 real credit... other months I would run overboard and end up wasting my REAL credit before the month was over, because I was silly enough to make super long phonecalls or acess the internet.
This was a HUGE waste.
So anyway, one day I found out that one of the games I play online offers virtual credits through something called Mobill Cash, my $30 credit got me about $20 of virtual currency. This meant that I never wasted my credit on accidently acessing the internet, or running overly long phonecalls and I always had something to show for it.
Mobill cash has since been bought out by BOKU, but the premis is the same, use your real credit to buy things without a credit card. GENIUS.
http://www.boku.com/
So now monthly I buy things using BOKU instead, my suggestion is to allow this to happen on GOG too!
If I could spend my $30 credit on a couple of GOG per month instead of online currency I would be over the moon. I am sure I am not the only person who would LOVE this option. Basically, all GOG would have to do is sign up with BOKU, work out if they would have to charge anything extra for BOKU purchases or not, (for example, $8 for a $6, $12 for a $10 when paying on phone) and they would have an extra stream of income.
Boku can be used in most coutries, with on the fly currency conversion, is fast, reliable, and I have been using it for months and have not received ANY unwanted text messages. Please please please PLEASE do this, because if I could use my excess PHONE CREDIT to buy your wonderful collections.. I mean, I would literally be spending $360 a year on this, which IS a good thing >_>
Another idea is, if you dont want to do direct purchases through phone, have a credits system, like, ($5.99 or 6500Credits) then just go through boku and be like ($20 phone credit via boku = 17500 credits) aprox numbers, but you get my drift. Extra income for you, extra games for me, its a win win.
other sites that already use BOKU include, VPN (meteor games), Puzzle Pirates, Areia Games(MMOs like DOMO)...
Sorry if this sounded like a pitch for BOKU, but I just really REALLY want this feature to be added.
wow.. that was... long.... O_o
Post edited August 24, 2009 by SirCabbage
Seeing as how I missed this thread when I first made my thread about a Sorting option, I'll say it here as well, in hopes that it will be seen by GOG.com staff:
My suggestion is that it would be nice to have a "Sort" option in your "Games I Own" list, with a selection of sorting options.
Currently, the only sorting the list receives is "Most Recent Purchase -> Earliest Purchase". I would very much appreciate the option to at least have it be alphabetically sorted, just so I can find certain games more easily (I've got at least 40 games on GOG now, so sorting through them can be an annoyance).
EDIT:
Why isn't this thread Stickied?
Post edited August 26, 2009 by Castrum
it does seem like general discussion moves fast enough to warrent a sticky for this thread
Castrum: Why isn't this thread Stickied?

It was as were number of other topics until they linked them thru Welcome, please read! topic that is stickied. There were just too many sticky threads.
What threw me off of noticing that was the "Welcome, please read!" thread title. I've been on enough forums to know that any stickied thread titled as such means "here's our list of forum rules", so naturally I dismissed it in my search.
Perhaps renaming it to something like "Stickied Topics Thread" could help prevent that situation in the future for others.
Post edited August 27, 2009 by Castrum
I would like to see a more personal "Games you'd love to see on GoG" section. I mean to be accessible into my account, to clearly list my votes ant from there to be able to give other votes or input a new title.
Beside this there must be a "report duplicate" button to give the opportunity to tick all the duplicates and report them. This way the duplicates will get right into the eyes of the admins and they will be able to make a decision and merge votes into one single title (automatically filtering out double voting).
Another feature to avoid duplicates would be to automatically search into the existing titles the keyword of the new input and to encourage the user to choose one of the existing suggestions instead making a new title.
I think all these measures will finally make order into that section. It's a very useful section but I think it is a total mess right now.
Post edited August 27, 2009 by iuliand
Another Mac user here, so my vote goes to Mac support :) You could just provide the game ready to be used with DOS Box or something.
I want to see links to the support articles and forums of each game in their product pages just like the links you can find in the Game Info tab of the "games I own" in your account. Many times when I'm reading the description of a game I wanted to read the forums to see if there were any problems with it and this would have made it faster.
Also the logout button for every page is needed badly.
Post edited September 03, 2009 by OmegaX
Hi GOG guys (and gals), I'm still kinda new here so I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not (and if it has, I'd like to second it). We all need to have profile pages where we could maybe just click on each other's avatars and get more info about each other (you know; work, hobbies, games we're curently playing etc.). It seems like a pretty good community here at GOG and I think this would good way to get to know one another better.Also, the ability to send PMs to each other would be kinda cool too.
Just something to think about. :)
I am sorry for possible double-posting the request, it is too much for me to read 35 pages of them.
Mine is: why make DOSBox the required feature when installing the game. I install Duke Nukem 3D only to play it with an HRP, which includes eDuke32. I don't need DOSBox.
If you make it an option, why not make it possible to uncheck it?
MaximPolulyakh: I am sorry for possible double-posting the request, it is too much for me to read 35 pages of them.
Mine is: why make DOSBox the required feature when installing the game. I install Duke Nukem 3D only to play it with an HRP, which includes eDuke32. I don't need DOSBox.

I don't see the efficiency in that, DOSBox takes up a miniscule amount of megabytes, and is required to play all games that do not have a third-party shell like Duke3D does (which includes most of the DOSBox-bundled games on GoG).
MaximPolulyakh: I am sorry for possible double-posting the request, it is too much for me to read 35 pages of them.
stonebro: I don't see the efficiency in that, DOSBox takes up a miniscule amount of megabytes, and is required to play all games that do not have a third-party shell like Duke3D does (which includes most of the DOSBox-bundled games on GoG).

Perhaps someone would want all their games to run off the same, single, DOSbox installation, so they know they just have to update at one place whenever they update their DOSbox?
Although, the DOSbox checkbox IS decheckable (is that a word?) - you just have to specify the location of another DOSbox installation in its stead.
rayven998: Hi GOG guys (and gals), I'm still kinda new here so I don't know if this has already been mentioned or not (and if it has, I'd like to second it). We all need to have profile pages where we could maybe just click on each other's avatars and get more info about each other (you know; work, hobbies, games we're curently playing etc.). It seems like a pretty good community here at GOG and I think this would good way to get to know one another better.Also, the ability to send PMs to each other would be kinda cool too.
Just something to think about. :)

yeah, this is something that i miss here on the forums too.
along with features like PM you'll find on many other forums.