It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This topic is meant only for suggestions regarding GOG.com functionality / features.
If there's a game you'd like to see on GOG.com, please vote on it using via Wishlist page - http://www.gog.com/en/wishlist/
Post edited February 03, 2009 by Destro
hashishen: Dear rmaertin, I think you mean freeware. Abandonware is an abstract concept and GOG cannot put games that are left without support by the developer on the site, as it would be against copyright laws.

I basically was referring to games as available at "Home of the Underdogs", for example. Whatever is available for free on that site could be made available for free on GOG. To cover the expenses of wrapping it into an installer/emulator and gathering additional materials, GOG could ask for donations.
But I agree that it might not be as simple as that :)
hashishen: Dear rmaertin, I think you mean freeware. Abandonware is an abstract concept and GOG cannot put games that are left without support by the developer on the site, as it would be against copyright laws.
rmaertin: I basically was referring to games as available at "Home of the Underdogs", for example. Whatever is available for free on that site could be made available for free on GOG. To cover the expenses of wrapping it into an installer/emulator and gathering additional materials, GOG could ask for donations.
But I agree that it might not be as simple as that :)

Abandonware does not legally exist. The rights to many of the franchises that are available at HotU have since been bought out by larger companies, most notably EA. They won't bother going after those distributing and downloading it for free because the potential payout would not be worth the legal fees and chance of losing. However, if they are being sold, the company would have a much better case and prospects for profit and so they may well press charges.
DISCWORLD!!!!!!!
You need that game.. oh and Discworld 2.
For some strange and idiotic reason Discworld 2 has become impossible to play unless you have Win 95. If you guys can make it compatible with a newer OS then I will title you guys as gods.
Choken1: DISCWORLD!!!!!!! You need that game.. oh and Discworld 2.

You also need Discworld Noir. That's the only Discworld game I haven't played. There's no Rincewind there, but some other known characters from Pratchett's fiction appear. Death being one of them.
I would like to see Star trek games that Interplay did. There was two of them and they were both good. also as well as waxworks that is hopefully soon to buy I would like Personal Nightmare and Elivra 1 and 2.
VIETCONG game is great
Starfleet Command, Silent Storm
What about giving those games that run on scummvm or dosbox an extra tag or icon or download option? Since those "engines" are available on all important platforms, that would make it easier for us who don't use Windows to see which games we can run easily.
An ability to filter out games you own from the catalogue list would be handy - I own a sizeable amount already, so it would be nice to be able to see everything I don't already own at a quick glance. It's not anything particularly major, but it would be increasingly useful as the catalogue grows.
It would be awesome if they would add the entire Tex Murphy series on here.
Overseer will be a problem to get to work in Vista 64, though.
I got all the games from eBay but it ended up costing me a bit.
Another great game is "It Came from the Desert". However, the PC version of this game is pretty damn bad.
Post edited January 18, 2009 by laffer
rmaertin: More abandonware!
If GOG cannot take money for abandonware games, introduce a donation service:
Announce that a certain game will be made available for free download (with the usual GOG service & XP/Vista compatibility guarantee) as soon as a certain amount of donations has been made (Like the blue donation bar on wikipedia) to cover the basic release & maintenance costs.

Not abandonware, but more freeware games and the option to give a donation to GOG for their work on the installers and other stuff to get those games working properly in Windows, look like nice ideas. :)
If the game went out with various regions, it would be nice that you could chose what game do yo prefer, so i can chose spanish version.
F-22 Raptor... I did love that game, best flight sim *ever*. Why? Because you can actually *shoot* things.
Would be nice with a non-AIR download manager.
There are two wishlist game entries that should be corrected:
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Return To Castle Wolfenstien
When the GOG can make some time to repair the list they should correct these two entries and make it into one.
I'm sorry to post this one here, but the Wishlist thread seems to have disapeared.