It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: ShinyLoot is having a somewhat anti-Valentine's Day promo with The Forever Alone Sale.
Boy, they sure know how to cheer you up when you're single. :P
dyscode: I guess you heard it going around: The Devs just said they won't be fixing the massive bugs this game has, instead they are focussing on the DLC [and then move on to the next project].
wow im speechless, does nobody have any pride any more?!
dyscode: I guess you heard it going around: The Devs just said they won't be fixing the massive bugs this game has, instead they are focussing on the DLC [and then move on to the next project].
gbaz69: I also read that at various sites and makes me upset as a customer and consumer, there has to be something to safeguard us consumers.
They have all the assets/code there, why not try to fix the major bugs only, for now.
Not sure if WB is aware of this, but they should not let a lower tier part of thier company hurt thier band image.
I don't want to think about it anymore, to depressing.
I'm confused. I read the linked forum post, and the devs have said they would only address "progression-breaking bugs." It sounds to me like they are indeed addressing the "massive" and "major" bugs that you guys think they should address. Perhaps you think they should fix more, but if they indeed have fixed any bugs which halt game progression, haven't they done at least what you're calling for?
chezybezy: wow im speechless, does nobody have any pride any more?!
Developer pride parade is not something you can expect from the industry.
misteryo: I'm confused. I read the linked forum post, and the devs have said they would only address "progression-breaking bugs." It sounds to me like they are indeed addressing the "massive" and "major" bugs that you guys think they should address. Perhaps you think they should fix more, but if they indeed have fixed any bugs which halt game progression, haven't they done at least what you're calling for?
They said 'IF" they make a patch, it will only focus on game progress bug only. And if they do, it will only be after the DLC's are done.
misteryo: I'm confused. I read the linked forum post, and the devs have said they would only address "progression-breaking bugs." It sounds to me like they are indeed addressing the "massive" and "major" bugs that you guys think they should address. Perhaps you think they should fix more, but if they indeed have fixed any bugs which halt game progression, haven't they done at least what you're calling for?
They say that IF they are going to release patch while they are not busy with DLC for apparently bugged game, they will only try to fix gamebreaking bugs and nothing else.
There is plenty of wrong with that.
1.They prefer to to work on DLC while their game apparently has progress-stopping and also other bugs.
2.They are only maybe to going to work on it, if they feel like it.
3. They acknowledge there are other bugs but they outright say to people to suck it up and won't do anything with them.

It makes me really sad to read this. I loved Arkham games and wanted to buy this one in near future but I will in no way support this behaviour. :-/
Post edited February 10, 2014 by Vitek
Also, there is SEGA week on GamersGate.

Down of War series, Space Marine, MegaDrive Collection, Alpha Protocol and some more.
My personal pick is Universe at War for 90% off, 1.5€. I remember trying it back then and liking it and it's impossible to pass with this price.
EDIT: OK, after reading some reviews on GG it seems the game is GFWL, always had problems with it even in past and it was also abandoned by developer so it will probably stop working when GFWL goes boom, right?

There is also Company of Heroes Midweek sale (available now already). CoH1 things 75% off. CoH 2 66% off.

UK site also has all expansions for Sims 3 50% off, but they are not sold on european site.

Plus there is Plug in Midweek sale going on there, where I am not sure what uniting theme is there. Mostly sports game with some indies thrown in it looks.
Post edited February 10, 2014 by Vitek
Vitek: They say that IF they are going to release patch while they are not busy with DLC for apparently bugged game, they will only try to fix gamebreaking bugs and nothing else.
There is plenty of wrong with that.
1.They prefer to to work on DLC while their game apparently has progress-stopping and also other bugs.
2.They are only maybe to going to work on it, if they feel like it.
3. They acknowledge there are other bugs but they outright say to people to suck it up and won't do anything with them.

It makes me really sad to read this. I loved Arkham games and wanted to buy this one in near future but I will in no way support this behaviour. :-/
Read through this page of patch notes, and tell me if it's as clear cut as it appeared. http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/121451#U121451

I said I was confused because I was not aware that the game was known for being "broken." Granted, I could be unaware, so I followed links, read pages and forums, and I'm still confused. For one thing, I'm not clear on which "game-breaking" bugs remain. The forums are full of complaints about more minor issues. I've never played a perfect computer game, nor have I used a perfect software product ever. Even my favorite software is constantly updated, wih nearly every update includinjg bugfixes, even years later.

I don't like and am instantly skeptical in the face of gamer hyperbolic language about bugs in games. The words game-breaking, broken, sloppy, lazy, and money-grubbing are thrown around without regard to facts. In addition, the ones throwing around such extreme language are clearly the ones who continue to spend a lot of money on AAA games. If I were a dev, I would find it difficult to take such abuse so constantly.

So, I am expressing doubt instead of taking the word of some unhappy gamer forum poster who seems to believe that one forum message from a dev proves that the game is shit, the devs don't care, the publisher is money-grubbing, and all DLC sucks.

Cheers.
IAmSinistar: ShinyLoot is having a somewhat anti-Valentine's Day promo with The Forever Alone Sale.
Leroux: Boy, they sure know how to cheer you up when you're single. :P
Yeah, I'm half expecting their next promo to be No Date Night Romantic Sims. ;)
gbaz69: I also read that at various sites and makes me upset as a customer and consumer, there has to be something to safeguard us consumers.
They have all the assets/code there, why not try to fix the major bugs only, for now.
Not sure if WB is aware of this, but they should not let a lower tier part of thier company hurt thier band image.
I don't want to think about it anymore, to depressing.
Alone the stance that is behind this behaviour is so totally wrong, in my book. They are selling a none-working game now, while their priority is getting more money for stuff the consumer cannot use because the game is broken (cannot be played from start to end).
Then eventually they fix only the worst things but they do not state when.

You effectively cannot slap your customers more in the face than that. Surely, this is now treated like the icon of all the wrongs that happing in the game industrie, that everyone is talking about.
They are selling a non-functional product right now and expect their customers to "cope with it"(TM).

This also implies the less public feedback there is, the more the devs might think what they are doing is OK.
I, for my part, definitely don't think this is OK, not by a mile.
Post edited February 10, 2014 by dyscode
I can confirm that Arkham Origins has a crap of code.
I bought this on D1, and I hardly managed to complete it, encountering an infinite number of bugs (and I also resterted the game because the game autosaved in an infinite fallen glitch).
dyscode: Alone the stance that is behind this behaviour is so totally wrong, in my book. They are selling a none-working game now, while their priority is getting more money for stuff the consumer cannot use because the game is broken (cannot be played from start to end).

You effectively cannot slap your customers more in the face than that. Surely, this is now treated like the icon of all the wrongs that happing in the game industrie, that everyone is talking about.
They are selling a non-functional product right now and expect their customers to "cope with it"(TM).

This also implies the less public feedback there is, the more the devs might think what they are doing is OK.
Eh. All I'm asking for is some facts. What game-breaking bugs exist? What, specifically, does it mean that the game is "non-functional?" Educate me.

I've played games that were indeed as broken as people said they were. But, way more often than that, I've witnessed gamers calling games broken because an achievement won't register, or because they only ever used one save, or some character skin clips with a helmet on.
dyscode: Alone the stance that is behind this behaviour is so totally wrong, in my book. They are selling a none-working game now, while their priority is getting more money for stuff the consumer cannot use because the game is broken (cannot be played from start to end).

misteryo: Eh. All I'm asking for is some facts. What game-breaking bugs exist? What, specifically, does it mean that the game is "non-functional?" Educate me.

I've played games that were indeed as broken as people said they were. But, way more often than that, I've witnessed gamers calling games broken because an achievement won't register, or because they only ever used one save, or some character skin clips with a helmet on.
Invisible enemies? Game autosaving during a glitch (so every time you reload your save you fall into the void...forever?).
Crash every time you enter a specific area (the infamous Ozzy something error code)?
misteryo: Read through this page of patch notes, and tell me if it's as clear cut as it appeared. http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/121451#U121451
What is it supposed to prove? That they already fixed bugs in past? So? Does it mean there are not any others so they can abandon it?
If anything it could mean that if there was already so many bugs to fix, there can be even more.
You know, if they would said, that they feel there are no other bugs and the game doesn't need more patching, then I would feel probably better about it, unless there would be many people reporting more bugs. But they announced that they acknowledge bugs reported to them but that they don't care and are going to leave them in game and work on DLC instead.
I don't know if there is many bugs. I know I heard there was many of them upon release (from both people and reviewers) and that developer itself admitted that people are reporting more bugs to them, even after patch.
Not OK in my books.

misteryo: Even my favorite software is constantly updated, wih nearly every update includinjg bugfixes, even years later.
Yeah? So even after they fixed some bugs they continue and are fixing others? Opposite of what they are not doing here? :-p

misteryo: So, I am expressing doubt instead of taking the word of some unhappy gamer forum poster who seems to believe that one forum message from a dev proves that the game is shit, the devs don't care, the publisher is money-grubbing, and all DLC sucks.
Who is saying that all DLC sucks?
I personally am not complaining that they are going to release DLC (although I don't like them because they force me to only buy games when everything I want is available), I am complaining that they are ditching patch to only work on DLC:
Vitek: My personal pick is Universe at War for 90% off, 1.5€. I remember trying it back then and liking it and it's impossible to pass with this price.
Anybody knows what is this "Other DRM"? According to the DRM database, it requires a one-time Games For Windows Live authentication. Is that still true?