It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

triock: Space Engineers (Steam)
Exclusive Keen Software concept art pictures pack
ooo tempting... but think ill hold off for now ><
thanks for flagging it :)
The-Business: DotEmu has Sega games 60% and more off. Any recommendations?
Foxhack: Avoid the Genesis Classics packs if you can.

The emulator they use is FUCKING ATROCIOUS. Slow as hell, horribly optimized, and unbelievably awful sound. It's a damn shame because the games in the packs are awesome - but the emulation is just horrid.
I have some of those games from GG, and they work just fine.
Freedom Friday returns to Desura with the following goodies:

Menagerie

Ghoulish Hijinks

Pollo

Real Horror Stories

The emulator they use is FUCKING ATROCIOUS. Slow as hell, horribly optimized, and unbelievably awful sound. It's a damn shame because the games in the packs are awesome - but the emulation is just horrid.
Licurg: I have some of those games from GG, and they work just fine.
These games don't work "just fine". They didn't get the sound emulation working correctly, so the music sounds weird in many games. (Dammit Sega, you already have Steve Snake's phone number, why don't you just CALL HIM SO HE CAN FIX THE AUDIO?) If you have a decent video card then the games will run fine, but if you don't...
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Foxhack
Foxhack: These games don't work "just fine".
They may not work fine for you but for me and obviously Licurg they were fine. I have both a physical copy of the Sega Genesis Classics: Gold Edition (which has the games from every pack except the fifth one) as well as the fifth pack of the Genesis Collection on Steam and had zero issues with slowness, optimization or emulation problems (and yes I used to own a Genesis and some of these games myself, I also watch Let's Plays, Long Plays and Speed Runs of many of these games running on their original system, so I know what I'm talking about when I say the music sounds fairly good and accurate to me). I am sorry that whatever you got isn't working for you but it sounds like more an issue with whatever settings or hardware you have (or perhaps wherever you bought the games from) than the games themselves.
Well, I also didn't have any trouble with the few games I tried... but I would trust Foxhack when it comes to emulation, just saying...

The launcher is garbage but otherwise the GG release seems fine to me as well.
Foxhack: These games don't work "just fine". They didn't get the sound emulation working correctly, so the music sounds weird in many games. (Dammit Sega, you already have Steve Snake's phone number, why don't you just CALL HIM SO HE CAN FIX THE AUDIO?) If you have a decent video card then the games will run fine, but if you don't...
Maybe the ones on GG are different from the ones on Dotemu ?
Foxhack: These games don't work "just fine".
cannard: They may not work fine for you but for me and obviously Licurg they were fine. I have both a physical copy of the Sega Genesis Classics: Gold Edition (which has the games from every pack except the fifth one) as well as the fifth pack of the Genesis Collection on Steam and had zero issues with slowness, optimization or emulation problems (and yes I used to own a Genesis and some of these games myself, I also watch Let's Plays, Long Plays and Speed Runs of many of these games running on their original system, so I know what I'm talking about when I say the music sounds fairly good and accurate to me). I am sorry that whatever you got isn't working for you but it sounds like more an issue with whatever settings or hardware you have (or perhaps wherever you bought the games from) than the games themselves.
About optimization: It took me a while to get the emulator working properly because it didn't support my older, temporary video card (which I used for a while when my old video card blew up on me). This is a video card that ran Team Fortress 2 in medium settings, at a modest resolution. The screen rendering time was -horrible-, especially when you were picking out games in the menu. Once I got a Radeon HD 6850, those issues went away. If you have a laptop or computer with Intel HD graphics, the games may be slow and sluggish.

About audio: You really, really can't trust Youtube game playthroughs. Most of them are also done on emulators that very rarely get the audio right themselves. Most of the music sounds fine, but then you get to stuff like Streets of Rage 3 and um... it doesn't.

The emulator is garbage, unfortunately. It's the only flaw in the collection - well asides from the lack of games from other companies!

I'm only trying to spare people the disappointment that I had when I finally got the pack. :(

(Edit: Removed some pointless stuff.)
Post edited January 10, 2014 by Foxhack
I think it might be more accurate to say that if you are super anal about your emulator perfection you might take issue with it, but the vast majority will think it is fine.
Foxhack: These games don't work "just fine". They didn't get the sound emulation working correctly, so the music sounds weird in many games. (Dammit Sega, you already have Steve Snake's phone number, why don't you just CALL HIM SO HE CAN FIX THE AUDIO?) If you have a decent video card then the games will run fine, but if you don't...
The actual result is very much on a game to game basis. For some games I found absolutely nothing wrong with the emulation, for other, the sound was a bit off. Streets of Rage 2 for an example was not spot on. I have limited experience with Streets of Rage 2, and even so I could tell that the emulator had issues.

Licurg: Maybe the ones on GG are different from the ones on Dotemu ?
Same emulator on GG, dotEmu & Steam (I know because I have 1 game on steam (winter promo thingy gave me one for free on steam, you gifted me one on GG, and I nabbed some free ones on dotEmu when they had that promo))
Post edited January 10, 2014 by AFnord
No need to complain. Why not just use Kega Fusion from Eidolons Inn? Oh wait, isn't that Steve Snake's emulator? IIRC, back in the early 2000s he used a blazin' fast StarScream emulator for the 68000. I don't recall what he used for the Z80, but it screamed on my K6II-300 and my 8 MB Matrox Millenium video card (ok, admittedly a kick butt 2D graphics card). The early versions supported scanlines, and I believe the latest version supports a color bleeding filter that makes it look even more like a Genesis hooked up to a TV via the RF input.
https://indiegamestand.com/deal/

New deal on IGS - Dungeon of Elements

BTA - Artbook & Soundtrack
PincushionMan: No need to complain. Why not just use Kega Fusion from Eidolons Inn? Oh wait, isn't that Steve Snake's emulator? IIRC, back in the early 2000s he used a blazin' fast StarScream emulator for the 68000. I don't recall what he used for the Z80, but it screamed on my K6II-300 and my 8 MB Matrox Millenium video card (ok, admittedly a kick butt 2D graphics card). The early versions supported scanlines, and I believe the latest version supports a color bleeding filter that makes it look even more like a Genesis hooked up to a TV via the RF input.
Well, the games in these collections are encrypted and can't be played in other programs. Yes, they did that. Jerks...
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Final Fantasy 7 and 8 are on sale on GMG and you can use the 25% off coupon.