It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

er not sure what its less than the post i saw above but im showing Batman: Arkham City GOTY on Steam as £5
*facepalm* im so sorry- ignore my stupidity!!!!
Post edited March 30, 2013 by chezybezy
grynn: Total War Grand Master Collection Bundle is 80% off as the daily deal at GG.
Thank you for this information, I was looking to get me some Total War games. :)
chezybezy: er not sure what its less than the post i saw above but im showing Batman: Arkham City GOTY on Steam as £5
Rule of thumb is 1GBP=1.5USD
$7.50 is almost a perfect market equivalent, which is a little surprising, honestly.
chezybezy: er not sure what its less than the post i saw above but im showing Batman: Arkham City GOTY on Steam as £5
nightrunner227: Rule of thumb is 1GBP=1.5USD
$7.50 is almost a perfect market equivalent, which is a little surprising, honestly.
oh my!!! you meant $, im so so sorry. im having a crappy night. im really really sorry dude
StingingVelvet: Amazon offers Borderlands 2 on sale today to get people to use those 2K coupons... then they only discount it to $40, $10 more than it was months ago and $20 more than it is right now on Gamersgate. Clever but I'm not falling for it.
orcishgamer: Those 2k coupons will be worth far more around Christmas time.
That is if they don't expire soon.
orcishgamer: Those 2k coupons will be worth far more around Christmas time.
Foxhack: That is if they don't expire soon.
They were good for a year, at least the ones I'm thinking of were.
grviper: More if you're lucky to find the Eats'er egg, by scouting pages upon pages of games based on obsolete engines and designed to look like crap lest actual people, as opposed to "fans", dare to buy them.
nijuu: no hope finding any of the other easter eggs.there are some very good games on that site imho.
There are plenty of games on that site that look very interesting. Just not interesting enough for me to pay that much for them. I'm not going to gamble that much money on a game that I might not like.
EA 50% Deals on GMG
e.g. Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 for £20 (after voucher)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/ea-deals/

also Lego Deals for 50% off
Lego LOTR €12 (after voucher)
GMG20-FDSCL-AQQXD
Post edited March 30, 2013 by dyscode
nijuu: no hope finding any of the other easter eggs.there are some very good games on that site imho.
AFnord: There are plenty of games on that site that look very interesting. Just not interesting enough for me to pay that much for them. I'm not going to gamble that much money on a game that I might not like.
Downside of niche games. Yeah some are a bit expensive. Distant Worlds + expansions apparently is one of the best 4 x games out there...$30 each though...i dont think ill be buying :/
AFnord: There are plenty of games on that site that look very interesting. Just not interesting enough for me to pay that much for them. I'm not going to gamble that much money on a game that I might not like.
nijuu: Downside of niche games. Yeah some are a bit expensive. Distant Worlds + expansions apparently is one of the best 4 x games out there...$30 each though...i dont think ill be buying :/
This is not the first time this has been a topic on this, and here is my take on it:
The problem with Matrix games, and heck, the super complex turnbased strategy game market in general is that they are operating under the idea that "We are going to sell to the hardcore dedicated fans of our genre and ONLY the hardcore dedicated fans". They not only alienate people who like the games, but look at other games and realize that they are much cheaper (for roughly the same amount of entertainment) but they also fail to bring in new blood.
And this is not only apparent in their pricing, but also in how the games are made. Often featuring lackluster documentation and a general lack of user-friendliness, which make them needlessly hard to get into. Clean up the interface, give proper tutorial and manuals not only written for the already enlightened would be a good start.

Look at how Paradox have been doing it. They make deep & complex strategy games, but ever since they adapted to a more modern pricing system and made their games more user-friendly (and NOT dumbed down), they have attracted a lot more people to their games. I wish other companies would learn from them. Granted, I also think that they are doing some mistakes (like offering their games on 75% off sales too early, which has made me just wait for those, instead of buying them on earlier 50% off sales).
rcgamer: Batman Arkham City is only 7.50 on steam as today's deal.
Heh, it's almost the equivalent in €, not the usual 1€=1$ crap! Anybody knows what DRM (besides Steam) thr Batman AC Goty has? Is it only Games For Windows Life? Seem to remember see somewhere other stuff was added ...
Pretty sure Arkam City has limited activations via SecuROM - as well as GFWL

Took this from a Steam forum post.... take with a grain of salt.. as I've read conflicting reports...

Greetings,

Batman Arkham City uses G4WL and SecuROM by default. If you purchase through Steam you will also have to use Steam's DRM system.

The G4WL DRM system is just for using your DLCs and saving your game. SecuROM is used during the install process and you can install 5 times on the same computer and on 5 different computers.

If you ever do reach this limit simply contact us back with some proof of purchase and a picture of your CD Key and we can then offer assistance.

Best Regards,
Roger W.
Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment
Technical Support - Tier 2
Post edited March 31, 2013 by Bigs
Bigs: Pretty sure Arkam City has limited activations via SecuROM - as well as GFWL
This site, which I recommend for checking 3rd party DRM, also confirms the same.

http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/index.php?page=DRM_Lists/The_Big_DRM_List
Yes, they both have SecuROM. The GFWL they use is not DRM though, you can do everything in the game with an offline profile. So really SecuROM is the only DRM on the non-Steam version.
dyscode: EA 50% Deals on GMG
e.g. Crysis 3 and Dead Space 3 for £20 (after voucher)
http://www.greenmangaming.com/ea-deals/
http://www.simplygames.com/info/19846/Crysis-3-CD-Key-Download-PC £17.99
http://www.simplygames.com/info/19831/Dead-Space-3-CD-KEY-Download-PC £14.99