It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Btw the, anyone who have bought Cargo Commander from ErrorGate when it was greatly reduced check for the steamcode and find they ran out of serials? I only checked now ....lol
Post edited January 01, 2013 by nijuu
keeveek: But how long it will last? It's really endangered to be dead soon.
For 12 bucks it could be dead by February for all I care, it's awesome though and I think they have a sustainable model, they're selling DLC quest chains (side quests, not main story quests) now. They gave us all the first one for free, it's extremely high quality and I'd be willing to buy more (5 bucks per story, and they're adding one per month they say). Since there's a metric ton of content anyway, I'm not too worried, for twelve bucks you've got a story that's as big as Kingdoms of Amalur.
StingingVelvet: I hate MMOs but TSW is tempting for that price. Still, will pass. Every time I solo an MMO I hate it and hate myself for doing it.
If you close your chat window it pretty much is single player. You'll just skip the clearly marked dungeon quest per zone and someone might jump in to help should you be getting overwhelmed, really if you can handle the ambiance of other players scooting by you'll be fine. Main quest mobs only need you to hit them once before they die, even if you arrive as someone else is killing them. Instances are used in the game to actually force solo play (they're solo instances), basically story related quests that it doesn't make sense to have others around for.

It is a MMO, but it's... different. I can't say you'll like it, you have particular tastes in that area, but it seems like it's an ephemeral beast, twould be a shame to miss it.
Post edited January 01, 2013 by orcishgamer
keeveek: But how long it will last? It's really endangered to be dead soon.
orcishgamer: For 12 bucks it could be dead by February for all I care, it's awesome though and I think they have a sustainable model, they're selling DLC quest chains (side quests, not main story quests) now. They gave us all the first one for free, it's extremely high quality and I'd be willing to buy more (5 bucks per story, and they're adding one per month they say). Since there's a metric ton of content anyway, I'm not too worried, for twelve bucks you've got a story that's as big as Kingdoms of Amalur.
StingingVelvet: I hate MMOs but TSW is tempting for that price. Still, will pass. Every time I solo an MMO I hate it and hate myself for doing it.
orcishgamer: If you close your chat window it pretty much is single player. You'll just skip the clearly marked dungeon quest per zone and someone might jump in to help should you be getting overwhelmed, really if you can handle the ambiance of other players scooting by you'll be fine. Main quest mobs only need you to hit them once before they die, even if you arrive as someone else is killing them. Instances are used in the game to actually force solo play (they're solo instances), basically story related quests that it doesn't make sense to have others around for.

It is a MMO, but it's... different. I can't say you'll like it, you have particular tastes in that area, but it seems like it's an ephemeral beast, twould be a shame to miss it.
Why do you think it will be dead by Feb?. Hmmm thats the one thing that bothers me about MMO's. The longetivity of the bloody things. Ive tried quite a few and with exception of WOW (which i dont like), most either get boring and grindy and/or the number of people playing kinda die (im looking at you Planetside 2 & Blacklight). The SP aspect of TSW is more appealing to me .....so tempting...
orcishgamer: For 12 bucks it could be dead by February for all I care, it's awesome though and I think they have a sustainable model.
nijuu: Why do you think it will be dead by Feb?
Don't think he said anywhere in his entire post that he thinks it will be dead by February. I snipped out the important part.

I'm on the fence on this one too...I played the free week or weekend they had back in the fall and it was fun but maybe I'm holding out for an under $10 pricetag before I feel comfortable buying it. Still got a bit more time to jump on this deal though.
Post edited January 01, 2013 by teshra
orcishgamer: It is a MMO, but it's... different. I can't say you'll like it, you have particular tastes in that area, but it seems like it's an ephemeral beast, twould be a shame to miss it.
I've watched enough to know it's a typical enough MMO that I would hate myself for playing it.
I'm passing on TSW until after I get my fill of Rift and the new expansion :)
nijuu: Why do you think it will be dead by Feb?. Hmmm thats the one thing that bothers me about MMO's. The longetivity of the bloody things. Ive tried quite a few and with exception of WOW (which i dont like), most either get boring and grindy and/or the number of people playing kinda die (im looking at you Planetside 2 & Blacklight). The SP aspect of TSW is more appealing to me .....so tempting...
I don't think it will be, I'm saying even if it was, it would still be worth it.

I had to use ROT13 ciphers and my knowledge of ancient Egypt to solve some quests the other day. How's your knowledge of composers? You need that. How much do you recall about classic lit? Yep, that too.

The game is fucking awesome.
orcishgamer: The game is fucking awesome
Exactly this! There's just something that grabs me about TSW. I love that it expects you to have a brain. Plus, the lore and storylines rock IMHO
nijuu: Why do you think it will be dead by Feb?. Hmmm thats the one thing that bothers me about MMO's. The longetivity of the bloody things. Ive tried quite a few and with exception of WOW (which i dont like), most either get boring and grindy and/or the number of people playing kinda die (im looking at you Planetside 2 & Blacklight). The SP aspect of TSW is more appealing to me .....so tempting...
orcishgamer: I don't think it will be, I'm saying even if it was, it would still be worth it.

I had to use ROT13 ciphers and my knowledge of ancient Egypt to solve some quests the other day. How's your knowledge of composers? You need that. How much do you recall about classic lit? Yep, that too.

The game is fucking awesome.
That really sounds quite interesting, a change from most MMO's ive played. :)...Any idea roughly how much time you may end up sinking into the game?.
About Amazon 5$ EC deal, can I use it multiple times?
FearItself: About Amazon 5$ EC deal, can I use it multiple times?
You mean coupons? If so can use as many as you have...
FearItself: About Amazon 5$ EC deal, can I use it multiple times?
nijuu: You mean coupons? If so can use as many as you have...
Not on the same item though. Only one per purchase, they don't stack.
nijuu: You mean coupons? If so can use as many as you have...
uchos: Not on the same item though. Only one per purchase, they don't stack.
Oh yeah they dont stack unfortunately :P
uchos: Not on the same item though. Only one per purchase, they don't stack.
nijuu: Oh yeah they dont stack unfortunately :P
Yes they don't stack, and the coupons/credits you have depends on how many you got last year. The only way to check how many you have left is by counting in on your email manually.

So we're on topic, here are some deals from GMG:

Port Royale 3 (Steam) - $7.00 after voucher code

Jet Set Radio (Steam) - $2.37 after voucher code

Voucher Code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

---

edit: added the correct voucher code
Post edited January 02, 2013 by ajsultan
nijuu: Oh yeah they dont stack unfortunately :P
ajsultan: Yes they don't stack, and the coupons/credits you have depends on how many you got last year. The only way to check how many you have left is by counting in on your email manually.

So we're on topic, here are some deals from GMG:

Port Royale 3 (Steam) - $7.00 after voucher code

Jet Set Radio (Steam) - $2.37 after voucher code

Voucher Code: GMG30-DPLIM-DN83
Looks like the promo code doesn't work for Jet Set Radio. Still, awesome price.