It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heretic777: GG might be making these errors on purpose to increase site traffic and free advertising, who knows?
I kind of doubt pissing off large groups of customers and possibly costing your company thousands of dollars in selling keys under the price you owe the publisher is a good marketing strategy.
Heretic777: GG might be making these errors on purpose to increase site traffic and free advertising, who knows?
Fictionvision: I kind of doubt pissing off large groups of customers and possibly costing your company thousands of dollars in selling keys under the price you owe the publisher is a good marketing strategy.
I first believed it was like Heretic777 said. But the lastet debacle is the proof it is not.
GG never had a forced refund like that (at least none that happen to me since 2009).
Post edited December 27, 2012 by dyscode
dyscode: Yes, you and me, my fellow GOGers have been these crazies in the black friday store sale. And you all knew. I am only talking about you, my fellow GOGers.
Others MIGHT not have known about the GG fuck ups but having GG explaining
it was a mistake should make not behave like GG stole from them.

Exploiting mistakes IS like are stealing money, not only from GG but the developers as well, that is like walking into your neighbour's and stealing his tv.
Even if it's digital goods, there must be a profit made with a certain number of units sold, to keep business running.
Let me clarify quickly...had GG came out and publicly said, "hey, are system f*cked up, and we cannot afford to honor these and we ask that you accept a refund and our apologies" the majority of the people, especially GOGers would easily accept it and say sure...mistakes happen (in GG's case, a ton of them, but whatever=P).

They have done nothing to spin this in a positive manner and do not deserve sympathy...in fact they made it worse by saying they were going to honor the bethesda deal but everyone had the option of a refund if they did not want to wait. That was their biggest mistake. Good luck to them, maybe they will bounce back...but they have a lot of work to do first.
Fictionvision: I kind of doubt pissing off large groups of customers and possibly costing your company thousands of dollars in selling keys under the price you owe the publisher is a good marketing strategy.
dyscode: I first believed it was like Heretic777 said. But the lastet debacle is the proof it is not.
GG never had a forced refund like that (at least none that happen to me since 2009).
Also the bethesda deal is not a ultra steal like some of their other messups. I fully expect Steam would have had a deal on the bethesda pack for around $50 had this not happened (Dishonored is the only game that has not went below 50%)....now i doubt bethesda/zenimax will push one through after this crap.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by misfire200
dyscode: Of course customers DID WRONG and of course GG fucked up. But that there is no rightful excuse to exploit their mistakes or incompetence.
Sorry but I don't agree. It is their responsibility to ensure they are pricing their products correctly. It is NOT the customer's responsibility to ensure that. You price a product incorrectly, then it's your own damn fault if people purchase it at that price. Even more so when this has been happening for an extended period of time.
dyscode: Yes, you and me, my fellow GOGers have been these crazies in the black friday store sale. And you all knew. I am only talking about you, my fellow GOGers.
Others MIGHT not have known about the GG fuck ups but having GG explaining
it was a mistake should make not behave like GG stole from them.

Exploiting mistakes IS like are stealing money, not only from GG but the developers as well, that is like walking into your neighbour's and stealing his tv.
Even if it's digital goods, there must be a profit made with a certain number of units sold, to keep business running.
misfire200: Let me clarify quickly...had GG came out and publicly said, "hey, are system f*cked up, and we cannot afford to honor these and we ask that you accept a refund and our apologies" the majority of the people, especially GOGers would easily accept it and say sure...mistakes happen (in GG's case, a ton of them, but whatever=P).

They have done nothing to spin this in a positive manner and do not deserve sympathy...in fact they made it worse by saying they were going to honor the bethesda deal but everyone had the option of a refund if they did not want to wait. That was their biggest mistake. Good luck to them, maybe they will bounce back...but they have a lot of work to do first.
dyscode: I first believed it was like Heretic777 said. But the lastet debacle is the proof it is not.
misfire200: Also the bethesda deal is not a ultra steal like some of their other messups. I fully expect Steam would have had a deal on the bethesda pack for around $50 had this not happened (Dishonored is the only game that has not went below 50%)....now i doubt bethesda/zenimax will push one through after this crap.
Thanks for clearing that up.
You're cool. :)
I totally agree with you. GG has fucked up bad and it will cost them money or reputation or both.

So more Sales are waiting and more ErrorGates...

So, back to business o more sales
New flash deals on Steam

Giana Sisters at 66%
Driver SF 75%
Tony Hawks Pro Skater HD 50%
Post edited December 27, 2012 by Nelvin
Nelvin: New flash deals on Steam

Giana Sisters at 66%
Tying in to another thread on these forums, this is just another example of GOG not competing when it comes to individual games. I'll probably grab this from Steam.
dyscode: Of course customers DID WRONG and of course GG fucked up. But that there is no rightful excuse to exploit their mistakes or incompetence.
bansama: Sorry but I don't agree. It is their responsibility to ensure they are pricing their products correctly. It is NOT the customer's responsibility to ensure that. You price a product incorrectly, then it's your own damn fault if people purchase it at that price. Even more so when this has been happening for an extended period of time.
That's usually the official ruling when buying stuff, yes: the seller is responsible for their prices.
But it does not make your decision a source of 'good karma' for knowingly buying goods with the wrong price tag.

Don't get me wrong, I am cheapskate for games as can be ;) but there is a difference between a great sale and the Bethesda Bundle.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by dyscode
dyscode: But it does not make your decision therefore a source of 'good karma' for knowingly buying that.
They are a business. They get treated like one. It's that simple.
dyscode: But it does not make your decision therefore a source of 'good karma' for knowingly buying that.
bansama: They are a business. They get treated like one. It's that simple.
EDIT: ahh, just forget it...

Back to Topic...
Post edited December 28, 2012 by dyscode
Edit: Yeah, I'll yield on the GG talk too as they are doing bad enough on their own to make a separate topic if need be.

Back to finding cheap games.
Post edited December 27, 2012 by Fictionvision
Just noticed GetGamesGo has a cheap as chips sale again. Seems to be mostly repeats / their typical stuff but there may be a few exceptions f.i.

Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery) (4,19€)

http://getgamesgo.com/category/cheap-as-chips
Anyone already else checked into the new http://www.Galagiveaways.com site wher you can participate in free steamkey giveaways and give away you steam keys?

It's a bit like 'grab bag' (Grabbelsack in German) where you can particpate in giveaways of your choice and winners get seleced randomly. You need your Open steam Id connected to participate.

It's a funny idea but I am not convinced entirely.

Nelvin: Just noticed GetGamesGo has a cheap as chips sale again. Seems to be mostly repeats / their typical stuff but there may be a few exceptions f.i.

Anno 1404 / Dawn of Discovery) (4,19€)

http://getgamesgo.com/category/cheap-as-chips
They are using only a client as DRM, right?
$2.70 for Cold Fear is tempting.
Guess today's GamersGate glitch . :p
ne_zavarj: Guess today's GamersGate glitch . :p
Bioshock Infinite and Metro Last Light preorders by -75% XD