It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DodoGeo: Since you are discussing these games, one quick question. Is Borderlands any good going solo?
It can get repetitive and the enemies love to gang up on you, but it's enjoyable. It was to me, anyway. I beat the whole thing alone.
DodoGeo: Since you are discussing these games, one quick question. Is Borderlands any good going solo?
Foxhack: It can get repetitive and the enemies love to gang up on you, but it's enjoyable. It was to me, anyway. I beat the whole thing alone.
Ok, thanks. I guess I'll pick up the GOTY when it goes on sale.
Foxhack: It can get repetitive and the enemies love to gang up on you, but it's enjoyable. It was to me, anyway. I beat the whole thing alone.
I agree with that. 3/4 in I stopped playing for a couple of days, but then picked it up and had no issue finishing the game alone.
DodoGeo: Ok, thanks. I guess I'll pick up the GOTY when it goes on sale.
Two final DLCs still require securom activation even in GOTY, even on Steam, where securom was patched out of the plain Borderlands.
grviper: Two final DLCs still require securom activation even in GOTY, even on Steam, where securom was patched out of the plain Borderlands.
That's an odd one, while I do support DRM free products I won't miss out on a good game on principle only.
grviper: Two final DLCs still require securom activation even in GOTY, even on Steam, where securom was patched out of the plain Borderlands.
One of them, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, can be ignored completely since it doesn't have anything to do with the story. It's essentially an endurance mode with a built-in locker to store items. And in order to complete it you have to spend at least three hours in a non-stop arena level. Three times over.

The other, The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, is very entertaining but the whole Securom thing is a pain in the ass.

The big problem isn't the activation, it's the fact the game will crash or freeze your PC if you try to load either area without activating them first. And you're not told this beforehand. Why Gearbox refuses to remove Securom from them now that they're this old is baffling.
Gamefly deals:

Mass Effect 3: $14.99
Battlefield 3: $19.99
Kingdoms of Amalur:Reckoning: $15.99
Dragon Age II: $4.99
Dead Space 2: $4.99
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition: $9.99
Mirror's Edge: $4.99
SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition: $4.99
Command and Conquer Red Alert 3: $4.99
Darkspore: $4.99
Sorry if this was posted already:
Get Games Sales:
http://getgamesgo.com/specialoffers
Heroes of Might & Magic V + DLC*
70% OFF
Heroes of Might & Magic VI + DLC*
50% OFF
Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes + DLC*
75% OFF
The Darkness II
75% OFF
Gothic 2 Gold
75% OFF
Gothic 3
75% OFF
ArcaniA: Gothic 4 75% OFF
Trine 50% OFF
Blades of Time 60% OFF
Dungeon Siege III + DLC 75% OFF
R.A.W: Realms of Ancient War 15% OFF
Of Orcs & Men 20% OFF
* means not available in U.S.A. - ʇsıʍʇ ɐ s,ʇɐɥʇ ʍou
DodoGeo: Is Borderlands any good going solo?
One? Yeah, I had a right blast on my first playthrough. But despite having the appearances of a game with a lot of replay value, I didn't find that to be the case. It's lacking one or two things which would have made it an enduring classic.

Still, a single playthrough offers a hell of a lot more than yer average FPS, so that's not much of a complaint.
I also finished it solo with the gunslinger sniper. It was fun. Just remember to install the DLC packs and activate them from OUT the game. It is very well worth the 7.5 bucks it goes for when discounted.
grviper: SEGA Exclusive Bundle on DotEmu http://www.dotemu.com/en/download-game/4847/sega-exclusive-bundle 40-something games for $10. Isn't clearly marked as time-limited, but the description hints at that. The difference between this and the 48-game pack at Amazon is the missing ToeJam and Earl
Awesome bundle for the price!
Def. DO wait for the GOTY sale! I am still doing Borderlands (single, since I don't have time to for Multiplayer) and it's quite some fun.
Post edited October 19, 2012 by dyscode
7.62 - High Calibre is 75% off today at GG.
Thanks for all the input guys.
DodoGeo: Thanks for all the input guys.
On a slightly more negative note, I've tried Borderlands with a good friend of mine (my pre-play expectation were really high, I was pretty damn excited). All we managed to do is get to the second area/town before it bored our nuts off, we pushed trough a little bit more, but couldn't manage it after a few hours. So around 8/9 hours in total.

The enemies are very repetitive, you just get so tired of them and all their color variations (excluding some DLCs, there are pretty cool fresh new enemies in them).

The loot system just doesn't give the feel you'd get in say, Diablo 2, so even in the beginning of the game if you get an upgrade, it's just a very small dose of happiness, that quickly diminishes with the game into nothing.

And the story... well, no one was expecting this game to have a good story. Not even decent maybe. And they were right, you might as well listen music trough the whole thing trough. But that's not the problem with this kind of game, the bigger problem is that you just get crushed with all kinds of sidequests, that pretty much want you to do the same thing all the time: kill a bunch of people (that 80% of the time look the same as a bunch you just killed 500 times before that), loot a bunch of stuff from them (quest items, nothing exciting), maybe take a diary from one of the houses. There were a couple exceptions of course, but you get bombarded with so many bloody little quests, you just stop noticing. I'm not kidding, you'll have a disturbing amount of those things when the game gets on it's track and out of that unofficial tutorial phase. If you've ever played Burning Crusade, the amount of quests at the same time is even worse in Borderlands. Alternatively, you could say it's Assassins Creed, with you having to do the same shit many many times more.

If that's the only game you can play, I can see how could someone sit trough the whole thing, but when there are so many much more attractive options, you just drift away from Borderlands. At least I did.