It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 75% off Total War games, rome and medieval 2 total war doesn't seem to require Steam.
http://getgamesgo.com/category/total-war-sale
Post edited September 08, 2012 by Sebek
Batman Arkham City GOTY incl all DLC appears on GG.com with 20% Discount for $24.
This game is really great. Already got the normal Ed.
Uses G4WL DRM, 10 activations, as far as I remember.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-BACGOTYE/batman-arkham-city-game-of-the-year-edition?utm_source=twitterfeed?caff=1869351
Post edited September 08, 2012 by dyscode
Amazon have added Warner Bros title to their PC Download library and have added it to the labor day sale:

Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $9.99

LEGO Batman - $9.99

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - $14.99

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 - $9.99

LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - $9.99

Batman Arkham City - $14.99

Batman Arkham City Harleys Revenge DLC - $4.99

FEAR Ultimate Shooter Edition - $4.99

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - $4.99
STEAM Client required to activate.
Bah... Might as well get it on Steam.
grviper: STEAM Client required to activate.
I'm interested in getting this, is it cheaper on Steam?

I for one is a fan of Amazon sale and I would like them to sell more Steam redeemable games.
racerboi101: I'm interested in getting this, is it cheaper on Steam?
Not now, but it might be, come Halloween and Christmas sales.
Origin NA Sale: Buy One Get One Sims 3 Games!
Origin is holding a sweet BOGO sale on The Sims 3 titles! Buy one Expansion or Stuff Pack, and get another free! This sale also includes the newly released Sims 3 Supernatural. Katy Perry Packs excluded. Digital Downloads only. Offer ends 9/13/12!
Post edited September 09, 2012 by ne_zavarj
grviper: STEAM Client required to activate.
racerboi101: I'm interested in getting this, is it cheaper on Steam?

I for one is a fan of Amazon sale and I would like them to sell more Steam redeemable games.
Actually it's been cheaper on Steam. I remember Fear 1 with Expansion and Fear 2 were bundled for $5 at one point.
https://www.nuuvem.com.br/produtos?editora=18&promo=1&utm_source=NuuvemNewsletter&utm_campaign=Newsletter_2012_09_08&utm_medium=email

Sleeping Dogs $24.64
Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ Augmented $9.85
Just Cause 2 $7.39
Dungeon Siege III $7.39
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light $8.37
orcishgamer: He's an official representative, his job is to not piss people off, he pretty much has to leave if someone throws a fit about how inappropriate it is for him to post here, yeah, he pretty much can't stay here, it's not petulance, it's his job.
Was this the "Amazon representative making appearance on GOG" case? While I don't remember saying anything back then and didn't mind it _that_ much, it still felt kinda odd to me. After all, Amazon is a direct competitor to GOG. I would feel the same way if a DotEmu, GamersGate or Steam representative came to GOG to "answer questions about their service". The appropriate place for replying those questions are in each company's own forums, IMHO.

I was thinking that more as how the GOG staff would probably feel about it (but would fear to complain about it at least publicly, in order not to get any backlash from users), not so much how I as an end-customer would feel about his presence. After all, I was interested to hear a semi-official answer to the question "why is Amazon Digital so US-centric?", even if it was on the GOG forums.

Same way, if a GOG representative started to make appearance on Steampowered forums in order to market their competing service, I could understand even if Steam admins would ban him from the forums. This is business, after all.

In a nutshell, I felt the Amazon rep crossed certain line when making the appearance.
Post edited September 08, 2012 by timppu
orcishgamer: He's an official representative, his job is to not piss people off, he pretty much has to leave if someone throws a fit about how inappropriate it is for him to post here, yeah, he pretty much can't stay here, it's not petulance, it's his job.
timppu: Was this the "Amazon representative making appearance on GOG" case? While I don't remember saying anything back then and didn't mind it _that_ much, it still felt kinda odd to me. After all, Amazon is a direct competitor to GOG. I would feel the same way if a DotEmu, GamersGate or Steam representative came to GOG to "answer questions about their service". The appropriate place for replying those questions are in each company's own forums, IMHO.

I was thinking that more as how the GOG staff would probably feel about it (but would fear to complain about it at least publicly, in order not to get any backlash from users), not so much how I as an end-customer would feel about his presence. After all, I was interested to hear a semi-official answer to the question "why is Amazon Digital so US-centric?", even if it was on the GOG forums.

Same way, if a GOG representative started to make appearance on Steampowered forums in order to market their competing service, I could understand even if Steam admins would ban him from the forums. This is business, after all.

In a nutshell, I felt the Amazon rep crossed certain line when making the appearance.
We were posting and directly talking about the very deals he came in to comment on. All he was doing was giving us info from the horse's mouth. GOG has been extremely permissive in us advertising deals from other sites and Tony never tried to post in any threads save this one, which is dedicated to posting deals from all over. If you're in here you know about deals on other sites, even those that compete with GOG (and no, I don't think Amazon and GOG have very many titles in common).

I don't think he crossed any kind of line, I respect the way GOG does business and was confident that if they'd rather he didn't post, an actual GOG rep would have quietly told him so (and in fairness, I don't know that that part didn't happen). We didn't need hyperbolic forum user responses, there when there was an appropriate way to handle it and GOG seems willing to put up with us posting deals from around the web in here.
timppu: I was thinking that more as how the GOG staff would probably feel about it (but would fear to complain about it at least publicly, in order not to get any backlash from users), not so much how I as an end-customer would feel about his presence. After all, I was interested to hear a semi-official answer to the question "why is Amazon Digital so US-centric?", even if it was on the GOG forums.
Then let GOG decide if he's over the line or not.
timppu: I was thinking that more as how the GOG staff would probably feel about it (but would fear to complain about it at least publicly, in order not to get any backlash from users), not so much how I as an end-customer would feel about his presence. After all, I was interested to hear a semi-official answer to the question "why is Amazon Digital so US-centric?", even if it was on the GOG forums.
GoJays2025: Then let GOG decide if he's over the line or not.
First, GOG will have to decide what they think about backseat moderation.
orcishgamer: Amazon would love to sell to your part of the world, this is a copyright and distribution rights thing. Please don't blame Amazon for this, video games are a clusterfuck and it's in no way their fault they cannot secure worldwide rights. There's already a seller doing that and it's GOG, the slowness of their library increase should tell you how damned hard this is.
Coelocanth: Indeed. Hell, they can't even sell their digital games or DRM-free MP3s in Canada.

I actually finally broke down, bit the bullet and did the fake US address thing for some game deals.
orcishgamer: As for the poster in question, maybe he could have phrased it as a personal preference instead of acting like he spoke for everyone. Clearly most respondents didn't agree with him and I still think he acted a bit of a bully (but it's been awhile, I only recall my impressions, not the words, I'd have to look again to recall those).
Coelocanth: Nah, I recall it that way as well. I thought the guy complaining was being overly harsh and dramatic (to put it in polite terms)
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post26535
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post26555
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post26597

I fear I was the one starting that... I did not mean to come across as harsh or dramatic... hope I did not upset anyone. Apologies if what I said came out wrong, though I still stand behind the meaning of it even if it may not be clear.
Post edited September 08, 2012 by amok
GoJays2025: Then let GOG decide if he's over the line or not.
As they didn't say anything, maybe they indeed were totally fine with it... or then they were afraid they'd be called dicks by some GOG users if they tried to drive away a nice person who was just trying to help some GOGers with their Amazon purchases. Hard to tell, really.

But if GOG staff states that it is ok for their competitors' representatives to come here promote their services, I guess we can all shut up about it. Until then...
Post edited September 08, 2012 by timppu