It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

New game music bundle: http://www.gamemusicbundle.com/
GoJays2025: GamersGate only has 2 Men of War games with Steam keys.
Navagon: Oh, is that all? Those are the only ones I've tried. No idea about the Starforce then?
So I asked about the DRM and received this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9946934&postcount=9835
I'm guessing it means the entire pack would be either Steam + DRM free. We don't know what additional DRMs the Steam versions will contain though.

Next week starting on the 9th, Amazon will have a TopWare bundle for $15, as well as Two Worlds 2 Flying Fortress Edition for $10.
Post edited September 06, 2012 by GoJays2025
GoJays2025: So I asked about the DRM and received this:
I'm guessing it means the entire pack would be either Steam + DRM free. We don't know what additional DRMs the Steam versions will contain though.
Awesome, thanks! Amazon really are unrivalled when it comes to customer service.
Yeah, like here; they actually seem to give a fuck.
Navagon: Awesome, thanks! Amazon really are unrivalled when it comes to customer service.
Yeah Amazon really has become one of my favorite places to pick up digital games in the last couple years. Only thing they really need to work on is their download speeds. Origin, Steam, i get my full speeds. Amazon, i get like 1/6th my max.
Navagon: Awesome, thanks! Amazon really are unrivalled when it comes to customer service.
Yeah, too bad a couple of GOGers chased Tony out of this thread, nice dude just trying to help out. He was extremely gracious about the shitty way he got treated here.
orcishgamer: Yeah, too bad a couple of GOGers chased Tony out of this thread, nice dude just trying to help out. He was extremely gracious about the shitty way he got treated here.
Shitty way? IIRC, one person voiced their opinion that they don't think it's appropriate for Tony to be here, I don't even think he did it in some rude manner, most people defended Tony and he still got upset and left. I think he was too touchy. If anyone, to whom one person says they don't want him here, would left, it would be much emptier here.
At least that's how I remember it.
orcishgamer: Yeah, too bad a couple of GOGers chased Tony out of this thread, nice dude just trying to help out. He was extremely gracious about the shitty way he got treated here.
Vitek: Shitty way? IIRC, one person voiced their opinion that they don't think it's appropriate for Tony to be here, I don't even think he did it in some rude manner, most people defended Tony and he still got upset and left. I think he was too touchy. If anyone, to whom one person says they don't want him here, would left, it would be much emptier here.
At least that's how I remember it.
He's an official representative, his job is to not piss people off, he pretty much has to leave if someone throws a fit about how inappropriate it is for him to post here, yeah, he pretty much can't stay here, it's not petulance, it's his job. He's not like us, posting here on his personal time, for fun.

While said complainer didn't swear at him, he rather vehemently expressed his/her dissatisfaction and Tony assumed it wasn't limited to that person, or wouldn't be for long. So, despite our defense, Tony hasn't been back, too bad for us I guess.
orcishgamer: He's an official representative, his job is to not piss people off, he pretty much has to leave if someone throws a fit about how inappropriate it is for him to post here, yeah, he pretty much can't stay here, it's not petulance, it's his job. He's not like us, posting here on his personal time, for fun.

While said complainer didn't swear at him, he rather vehemently expressed his/her dissatisfaction and Tony assumed it wasn't limited to that person, or wouldn't be for long. So, despite our defense, Tony hasn't been back, too bad for us I guess.
Yeah but it still was opinion of one person he should be prepared that someone won't like to see him here. If some official representative from GOG or GG or some other place would post his service deals on Steam or elsewhere, I believe there would always be at least 1 person to dislike it and say it aloud. This goes for any service anywhere and if they are going to do something like that, they should be ready for this.
What should said person do? Should he stay quiet, although Tony's presence was displeasant to him only to appease representative of different service. I have to say I didn't care much about him, but I dislike Amazon deals even from other posters because they are not selling to my inferior part of world, so they do nothing to me and only make me sad when I see good deal there.
Post edited September 06, 2012 by Vitek
orcishgamer: He's an official representative, his job is to not piss people off, he pretty much has to leave if someone throws a fit about how inappropriate it is for him to post here, yeah, he pretty much can't stay here, it's not petulance, it's his job. He's not like us, posting here on his personal time, for fun.

Vitek: Yeah but it still was opinion of one person he should be prepared that someone won't like to see him here. If some official representative from GOG or GG or some other place would post his service deals on Steam or elsewhere, I believe there would always be at least 1 person to dislike it and say it aloud. This goes for any service anywhere and if they are going to do something like that, they should be ready for this.
What should said person do? Should he stay quiet, although Tony's presence was displeasant to him only to appease representative of different service. I have to say I didn't care much about him, but I dislike Amazon deals ecen from other posters because they are not selling to my inferior part of world, so they do nothing to me and only make me sad when I see good deal there.
Amazon would love to sell to your part of the world, this is a copyright and distribution rights thing. Please don't blame Amazon for this, video games are a clusterfuck and it's in no way their fault they cannot secure worldwide rights. There's already a seller doing that and it's GOG, the slowness of their library increase should tell you how damned hard this is.

I've purchased books off Amazon.co.uk and they had no problem shipping to me in the US. Trust me, they'd be happy to sell you stuff if they could.

As for the poster in question, maybe he could have phrased it as a personal preference instead of acting like he spoke for everyone. Clearly most respondents didn't agree with him and I still think he acted a bit of a bully (but it's been awhile, I only recall my impressions, not the words, I'd have to look again to recall those).
Post edited September 06, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Amazon would love to sell to your part of the world, this is a copyright and distribution rights thing. Please don't blame Amazon for this, video games are a clusterfuck and it's in no way their fault they cannot secure worldwide rights. There's already a seller doing that and it's GOG, the slowness of their library increase should tell you how damned hard this is.
Indeed. Hell, they can't even sell their digital games or DRM-free MP3s in Canada.

I actually finally broke down, bit the bullet and did the fake US address thing for some game deals.
orcishgamer: As for the poster in question, maybe he could have phrased it as a personal preference instead of acting like he spoke for everyone. Clearly most respondents didn't agree with him and I still think he acted a bit of a bully (but it's been awhile, I only recall my impressions, not the words, I'd have to look again to recall those).
Nah, I recall it that way as well. I thought the guy complaining was being overly harsh and dramatic (to put it in polite terms)
Post edited September 06, 2012 by Coelocanth
On GG today:
Trine 2 CE $6.25 / -75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TRINE2CE/trine-2-collectors-edition?caff=1869351

Trine 2 $3.75 / -75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TRINE2/trine-2?caff=1869351

activating on Steam
Navagon: That's not actually a deal, you know that, don't you?
Licurg: It is technically...
but effectively it's not a good community service...
Post edited September 06, 2012 by dyscode
dyscode: On GG today:
Trine 2 CE $6.25 / -75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TRINE2CE/trine-2-collectors-edition?caff=1869351

Trine 2 $3.75 / -75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TRINE2/trine-2?caff=1869351

activating on Steam
Licurg: It is technically...
dyscode: but effectively it's not a good community service...
I know, I know... Don't worry, I took it down :)
Licurg: I know, I know... Don't worry, I took it down :)
you're cool :)

PS: Weekend deal on Steam: Crysis Franchise -75%

Can somebody tell me if there is a Gaming Portal Site where the Crysis DRM (e.g. Machine Activation Limit) doesn't suck?
Post edited September 07, 2012 by dyscode
Impulse: 50 % sale on Might & Magic title

http://www.impulsedriven.com