It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is Xcom Terror from the Deep really that impossible? I still haven't played it, but it looks like i'll have to stay away from this one. I suck at strategy games (it doesn't matter if it's RTS or TBS, i just suck) and i hate unbeatable games.
Neobr10: Is Xcom Terror from the Deep really that impossible? I still haven't played it, but it looks like i'll have to stay away from this one. I suck at strategy games (it doesn't matter if it's RTS or TBS, i just suck) and i hate unbeatable games.
From my limited experience, it's not impossible, but it's like cheap tactics of X-Com racked up many notches. You'll find yourself in a situation where aliens will park themselves around corners and reaction fire your troops over and over. But you can figure out solutions eventually...Or just sacrifice half the squad per battle.
anybody checked out out Enola, already?
It's got good reviews but if it's Myst style or real 3d is not mentioned.
But for $2.50 / - 75% seem like a good deal.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ENOLA/enola-alpha

PS: And Lunar Flight is $2.50 /-75% on Seam today.

PPS:
and I don't know if it'ts worldwide but EA Japan has 50% sale
incl. ME 3 Deluxe and Battlefield 3 each ¥2740, not bad.
http://store.origin.com/store/eajapan/home/ThemeID.850500/ccRef.de_DE

(Maybe they need to finance their kicking down on Zynga - not that I like Zynga but they at least they don't live on chewing up development studios. just saying ;->)
Post edited August 28, 2012 by dyscode
Neobr10: Is Xcom Terror from the Deep really that impossible? I still haven't played it, but it looks like i'll have to stay away from this one. I suck at strategy games (it doesn't matter if it's RTS or TBS, i just suck) and i hate unbeatable games.
The original Xcom had a bug that no matter what difficulty setting you chose, it would default to easy for some settings. TFTD didn't have that bug, nor did any of the Windows Versions of Xcom. For more info, see UFOpaedia
Cavalieroscuro: I can wait the X-Mas sale on Steam XD
Licurg: You know, it was less than 1.5 euros on GG a week or two ago. I even posted a link on this thread:) why didn't you get it then?
Didnt see it.
It is now live, Amazon's Gold Box deal and if I'm not mistaken it's for today only:

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Complete Edition and Max Payne 3 Bundle - $24.99
(has an option to choice Steam codes for both game or not)
Post edited August 28, 2012 by ajsultan
Desert to Sea Bundle is great for anyone who not owns none of the 3 games! But I've already both the two Bioshock, so not so great for me..

Waiting for other deals..
JMich: The original Xcom had a bug that no matter what difficulty setting you chose, it would default to easy for some settings.
There was also the tiny issue of laser rifles not being able to penetrate the top-tier armors of X-Com troops, so once you researched that and gave everyone lasers, the squad basically turned invulnerable (or rather, indifferent) to psy attacks, mind control and the like. Made end game a bit silly...
I bought it and beat it when I was 12. I don't recall it being any more or less difficult than UFO Defense. In fact, I was upset that it was little more than the same exact game with altered graphics.

dyscode: anybody checked out out Enola, already?
It's got good reviews but if it's Myst style or real 3d is not mentioned.
But for $2.50 / - 75% seem like a good deal.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ENOLA/enola-alpha
It's true 3D, there's a demo out there somewhere, but there's presently very VERY little to do. And I'm kind of against buying alphas of games as too many that I came across were simply abandoned.
dyscode: Snip
If you don't have ME3 yet, take advantage of Origin's JP sale. They had it at that price a while back and back then, it was the cheapest way to get the Deluxe edition. And that's taking into account the discounts on the US price too. (Works out around $5 to 10 cheaper than the US price depending on current exchange rate).
JMich: The original Xcom had a bug that no matter what difficulty setting you chose, it would default to easy for some settings.
grviper: There was also the tiny issue of laser rifles not being able to penetrate the top-tier armors of X-Com troops, so once you researched that and gave everyone lasers, the squad basically turned invulnerable (or rather, indifferent) to psy attacks, mind control and the like. Made end game a bit silly...
I am currently in a campaign, top flying armor for my units, lasers only weapons, no such bug met. I have the GG version of the game.
JMich: The original Xcom had a bug that no matter what difficulty setting you chose, it would default to easy for some settings. TFTD didn't have that bug, nor did any of the Windows Versions of Xcom. For more info, see UFOpaedia
I am pretty sure the Gold edition version of the game doesn't have the bug.
Post edited August 28, 2012 by trusteft
trusteft: I am pretty sure the Gold edition version of the game doesn't have the bug.
Possible, if the Gold Version is a version higher than 1.4
Too long since I last played, no idea what version I have (or where it's currently hiding in), so I'll take your word for it.
JMich: The original Xcom had a bug that no matter what difficulty setting you chose, it would default to easy for some settings. TFTD didn't have that bug, nor did any of the Windows Versions of Xcom. For more info, see UFOpaedia
Yeah, I've read that Terror from the Deep's designers were unaware of the bug and were perplexed by so many complaints about UFO Defense's top difficulty being too easy. So they rolled up their sleeves and made a truly difficult game. XD
Just got an email about this. I'd so jump on it if I had the money.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Payne-Bundle-Download/dp/B00904XVS0/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1346151749&sr=1-4&keywords=max+payne+grand+theft+auto
Men of War: Vietnam is FREE on GameFly
Standard Edition, but at least its registerable in Steam(with the multiplayer code, activation code is for Securom DRM on the GameFly downloadable version, Steam version is Securom free), and even Special Edition registers as Standard there.

btw: Gamefly had the nerve to ask for CC info _again_(for a free game lol), yet im a long time Direct2Drive/GF customer. o.O
Post edited August 28, 2012 by p_mamusz