It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

StingingVelvet: Driver for a $1 procured. Happy.
Ian: where did u get that please ?
If you're looking for a good deal, I posted a couple 2 pages from here. The Lost Angelic Chronicles of Frane: Dragons' Odyssey is 72% off, I don't think it's ever been on sale before, and I heard it's a good game too.
Ian: ah ty, I don't need another client +1
If you were to ever play the game from anywhere you would use a Uplay account and a Uplay launcher. Does it really make a difference?
StingingVelvet: If you were to ever play the game from anywhere you would use a Uplay account and a Uplay launcher. Does it really make a difference?
I think for how crazy those deals are (some being up to like 96 or 97 percent off), you really don't have much room to complain, given you plan to play those games at some point, myself.
StingingVelvet: If you were to ever play the game from anywhere you would use a Uplay account and a Uplay launcher. Does it really make a difference?
i didn't realise that tbh - however i decided to leave it, not for the client - i wouldn't play it enough to justify it even at such a small price :)

johnki - I wasn't complaining - however I do have the right to wish the majority of d/l retailers didn't require a client.
Ian: johnki - I wasn't complaining - however I do have the right to wish the majority of d/l retailers didn't require a client.
Well, I'd rather one client for many games than different clients for each game. So many games have their own custom launchers that incorporate news, an updater, etc (which in and of themselves are clients of sorts) that could have just been integrated into Steam or something similar that it gets more overbearing than having just Steam, Origin, and Uplay on here at any one time.

But yeah, I get that some people just don't like them at all. I'm not entirely sure why, or how it's really adversely affecting them, but I get that it's a common opinion.
Post edited August 19, 2012 by johnki
Ian: johnki - I wasn't complaining - however I do have the right to wish the majority of d/l retailers didn't require a client.
johnki: Well, I'd rather one client for many games than different clients for each game. So many games have their own custom launchers (which in and of themselves are clients of sorts) that could have just been integrated into Steam or something similar that it gets more overbearing than having just Steam, Origin, and Uplay on here at any one time.

But yeah, I get that some people just don't like them at all. I'm not entirely sure why, or how it's really adversely affecting them, but I get that it's a common opinion.
we agree :)

I would also prefer to have 1 client for all - I am not against them. I have enough space, but it just a pain flicking from 1 to another.
StingingVelvet: Driver for a $1 procured. Happy.
Shit, is that today? Yahtzee actually said good things about that game, the last 3 games he sorta praised were Spec Ops: The Line, Infamous, and Portal 2. Yeah, short list...

Guess I'll log into uPlay sometime and get it:)
Post edited August 19, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Guess I'll log into uPlay sometime and get it:)
Sometime in the next 4 hours or so*
Ian: I would also prefer to have 1 client for all
I get the convenience aspect of that, but it's not very PC gaming to have one company control everything like that.
Ian: I would also prefer to have 1 client for all
StingingVelvet: I get the convenience aspect of that, but it's not very PC gaming to have one company control everything like that.
But at the same time, everything would be done automatically from a trusted source. No longer would we have to download patches from unreliable sources. In some case, we wouldn't even have to download mods from unreliable sources.

And that's just one of the reasons I like using Steam. Mods and patches all at my fingertips for free without the risk of sketchy websites.
johnki: But at the same time, everything would be done automatically from a trusted source. No longer would we have to download patches from unreliable sources. In some case, we wouldn't even have to download mods from unreliable sources.

And that's just one of the reasons I like using Steam. Mods and patches all at my fingertips for free without the risk of sketchy websites.
I get the convenience aspect of that, but it's not very PC gaming to have one company control everything like that.
orcishgamer: Guess I'll log into uPlay sometime and get it:)
johnki: Sometime in the next 4 hours or so*
Well, apparently not because my debit card won't go through...
johnki: Sometime in the next 4 hours or so*
orcishgamer: Well, apparently not because my debit card won't go through...
Did you try Paypal? It's probably something on their end.
orcishgamer: Well, apparently not because my debit card won't go through...
johnki: Did you try Paypal? It's probably something on their end.
Fuck Paypal.

No, don't have a Paypal account, thanks for the suggestion though:)

And fuck Paypal.
orcishgamer: Fuck Paypal.

No, don't have a Paypal account, thanks for the suggestion though:)

And fuck Paypal.
Well, I don't like em either, especially with the crap they've locked my account over, but given the options on Gamersgate...and given the option between Paypal and using credit card processing made by Digital River, which is pretty much met with "BLEEEHHH", I chose Paypal. :P