It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alan Wake collector's edition, 66% off, costs 10.88 euros on GG daily deal, Steam activation:

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ALANWAKECE/alan-wake-collectors-edition?caff=5969452
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Licurg
ne_zavarj: I wonder how many people bought games from Amazon instead of Steam on this week .
You like to compare sale vs nonsale? :)
Pheace: You like to compare sale vs nonsale? :)
Why not . :) I mean how many people stopped to wait for the Steam sale and spent their money on Amazon .
ne_zavarj: Why not . :) I mean how many people stopped to wait for the Steam sale and spent their money on Amazon .
A relatively small portion probably. I posted the Amazon deals locally and there's barely a response. People are still in the Summer Sale thread hypothesizing when it'll start. Under US people there may be a number who spent all their cash on the Amazon sale already but no doubt a lot will have left over for the Steam Summer Sale as well. And the rest of the world, the people who bother/feel comfortable purchasing when lying over their location is relatively small.
The people that spent a lot on Amazon and those clamoring for the Steam sale are unlikely to be the exact same audience. Aside from Max Payne, Spec Ops, and Binary Domain, Amazon's sale is full of repeats and frequent sale items. The types that hang out in threads like this, who the heck doesn't have Darksiders, Magicka, and Metro by now if they were interested in them? Half of Amazon's sales was literally on sale for around the same price in their May and June sales. They need to expand their catalog. They are getting too reliant on Paradox/Square/THQ/Sega/2k. Aside from maybe 2k, those companies are also doing near constant sales EVERYWHERE too.

I imagine they probably ate up some sales from those three newer games I mentioned from the people frothing for the steam sale and that frequent places like this thread (I know they got my money for BD), but for the most part I imagine the audiences probably weren't going to cross over that much, except for maybe new PC owners. The average summer sale camper is not waiting to get deep discounts on Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for the 40th time (even though that game is purty damn good).
Post edited July 08, 2012 by Sinizine
Sinizine: Max Payne, Spec Ops, Binary Domain, Darksiders, Metro
I don't own any of these . ( and add Max Payne 1 & 2 , Kane and Lynch 2 , SupCom 2 , Red Faction Armageddon to the list )
Sinizine: Max Payne, Spec Ops, Binary Domain, Darksiders, Metro
ne_zavarj: I don't own any of these . ( and add Max Payne 1 & 2 , Kane and Lynch 2 , SupCom 2 , Red Faction Armageddon to the list )
The point he made was that most of the current Amazon deals have been reduced in price so many freakin times that they aren't appealing to most people. The only interesting deals on Amazon so far were the new games that got discounted (Spec Ops, ME 3, etc.)

If you bought any of those is highly irrelevant.
ne_zavarj: Why not . :) I mean how many people stopped to wait for the Steam sale and spent their money on Amazon .
Well, since most(!) of the discounted games on Amazon are Steam games, the Summer Sale already started in a way. :P

Btw: -15% off IGN discount on GamersGate vanished, and a +15% IGN Blue Coin payback returned in its place. Sad Panda :(

I understand, its much cheaper for them to offer store credit than to cut income upfont, but still, this change sure as hell wont entice me to buy more games there. :(

999888: Nope, it is still there. It depends on the game, sometimes it gives you the 15% discount, and sometimes the 15% blue coins.
Your right, with May Payne it gives -15% discount, with Alan Wake it gives Blue Coins.
ALL IS SAVED :D
Post edited July 08, 2012 by p_mamusz
It's only on some games, mostly some new stuff, but not all. Like Max Payne 3 gives you the discount still.
p_mamusz: Btw: -15% off IGN discount on GamersGate vanished, and a +15% IGN Blue Coin payback returned in its place.

Sad Panda :(

This change sure as hell wont entice me further to buy more games there. o.O
Strange, I still get the 15% off discount.
p_mamusz: Well, since most(!) of the discounted games on Amazon are Steam games, the Summer Sale already started in a way. :P

Btw: -15% off IGN discount on GamersGate vanished, and a +15% IGN Blue Coin payback returned in its place.

Sad Panda :(

This change sure as hell wont entice me further to buy more games there. o.O
Nope, it is still there. It depends on the game, sometimes it gives you the 15% discount, and sometimes the 15% increase in blue coins.
Post edited July 08, 2012 by 999888
Oh man, I want that Alan Wake deal but I have spent so much already. Also would rather get it DRM free here.... arg!
StingingVelvet: Oh man, I want that Alan Wake deal but I have spent so much already. Also would rather get it DRM free here.... arg!
Wait for the GOG Christmas Sale. Work on your backlog of games in the meantime.
StingingVelvet: Oh man, I want that Alan Wake deal but I have spent so much already. Also would rather get it DRM free here.... arg!
ABH20: Wait for the GOG Christmas Sale. Work on your backlog of games in the meantime.
Haha! Hahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Tizzysawr: Other interesting Amazon digital deals are:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, $24.99 - Activates on Origin.
Mass Effect 3, $25.99 - Activates on Origin
dyscode: How do you get $26 on ME3? it only shows up with $36 for me. But I guess I'll wait until December anyway.
You get $26 by misspelling the correct $36 price ;)

:P