It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Other than a few recent releases, I don't see a big deal out of that Amazon sale (since paradox games are discounted often, spec ops and mp3 we all knew would have weak sales,and half or more of the games on sale do activate on a competitor, steam...)

-

The Political Machine 2012 $6.99
http://www.impulsedriven.com/tpm2012
http://store.steampowered.com/app/211120/

PWYW "The Indie Face Kick Bundle 2", 12 days left
http://bitg.gamingallthetime.com/producthome.php

Bohemia Interactive's store has a 25% off sale:
https://store.bistudio.com/all-games/
Arma 2: Combined Operations $24.74
Take On Helicopters & Hinds DLC Bundle $42.74
Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC $8.99
etc
Post edited July 01, 2012 by taczillabr
Navagon: Yeah they really need to get rid of that demo. Full game works flawlessly though.
Does it works on Win 7 64 bit? And ultimately, is it worth it? Because the broken demo doesn't instill much confidence...

taczillabr: Snip
That Amazon Spec Ops deal is brilliant as far as I'm concerned. I mean, $25 vs the $70 they expect me to pay on Steam.... Yes bloody please. Now if only I could get the US address trick to work; I'd snap that up immediately.
taczillabr: Other than a few recent releases, I don't see a big deal out of that Amazon sale (since paradox games are discounted often, spec ops and mp3 we all knew would have weak sales,and half or more of the games on sale do activate on a competitor, steam...)
Spec Ops, a game that came out THIS WEEK, is 50% off. Max Payne 3 for 50% off a month after it came out. Syndicate the price of an indie game a few months after release.

Amazing deals IMO.
bansama: That Amazon Spec Ops deal is brilliant as far as I'm concerned. I mean, $25 vs the $70 they expect me to pay on Steam.... Yes bloody please. Now if only I could get the US address trick to work; I'd snap that up immediately.
(I know your price discrepancies in Japan still) Different tastes I guess...

Personally I would totally pay $25 for ArmA2: Combined Ops, but I won't pay more than half, $12.50, for Spec Ops: The Line.

Everybody knew before release that The Line, Syndicate and MP3 would not be that profitable and successful, everybody. IIRC Syndicate didn't achieved even 500k copies.

StingingVelvet: Spec Ops, a game that came out THIS WEEK, is 50% off. Max Payne 3 for 50% off a month after it came out. Syndicate the price of an indie game a few months after release.

Amazing deals IMO.
I said "Other than a few recent releases...", few=the 3 you mentioned. The rest of the sale is not that interesting and has been done before, IMHO.
StingingVelvet: I got Max Payne 3, Spec Ops, Syndicate and Duke Nukem's DLC so far... Amazon seems to be having some problems though, Spec Ops and Max are both waiting for "further processing."
That's the payment system, it hangs on digital sales occasionally, probably just a load thing. It should be good within and hour or two.
This is a general question about a game, how is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? I played the demo, and enjoyed it a bit, though despite it being billed as an RPG, does it have many RPG elements apart from the skill points and levelling?

The gameplay seems enticing, but a decent story is also important for me. I figured I should ask this because the summer sales are starting, and I might pick it up if it goes on sale.

Thanks!
Post edited July 01, 2012 by dutchexcalibur
taczillabr: Snip
Different tastes indeed. I personally enjoyed the new Syndicate a lot. Mind you, I did get it for just under $15 at release thanks to blue coins =)
dutchexcalibur: This is a general question about a game, how is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? I played the demo, and enjoyed it a bit, though despite it being billed as an RPG, does it have many RPG elements apart from the skill points and levelling?

The gameplay seems enticing, but a decent story is also important for me. I figured I should ask this because the summer sales are starting, and I might pick it up if it goes on sale.

Thanks!
I had a pretty serious issue with it. You know how fun it was to kick enemies into those spiked grates? Well, they are everywhere. Apparently spiked grates is the thing that everyone in that world loves, and loved (as you don't just visit modern places), because they are plastered all over the place. It really becomes a pretty serious immersion breaker after a while, due to how silly it looks.

It lacks any real choices & consequences, but at least you are given some options in how to develop your characters. Think of it as a CRPG-light.

Anyway, I would recommend getting Arx Fatalis instead. While not identical, you can see similarities between the two (Arx is a bit less beginners friendly, and more of a "real" CRPG)
dutchexcalibur: This is a general question about a game, how is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? I played the demo, and enjoyed it a bit, though despite it being billed as an RPG, does it have many RPG elements apart from the skill points and levelling?

Thanks!
The story is... adequate, but it's the least important thing. If you enjoyed the melee combat from the demo, you'll probably enjoy the game as well. There's a couple of different endings depending of what you do at a certain point of the story (don't worry, it's quite clear when you get to that part that there's an irrevocable choice to make). But if the game goes in a good sale, go for it. It's one of my favourite games from recent years, and I don't think you'll regret playing it.

Thanks!
The only reason to play Dark Messiah is fun and visceral medieval combat.
AFnord:
YogSo:
StingingVelvet:
Thanks for the feedback and information about the game! I'll mull it over and play the demo again, and wait to see if it goes on sale.

Another game that looks is interesting is E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, but that seemed to be pretty widely panned by a lot of people despite it doing some stuff well. Well, when the sales come I'll look into it more.
Sorry if anybody already reported this:

DotEmu has:

Empire Earth Gold for $1.80
Empire Earth II Gold for $3
Lords of Magic, Special Edition for $1.80
Lords of the Realm Royal Edition for $1.80

http://www.dotemu.com/en
Post edited July 01, 2012 by Bloodygoodgames
dutchexcalibur: Another game that looks is interesting is E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy, but that seemed to be pretty widely panned by a lot of people despite it doing some stuff well. Well, when the sales come I'll look into it more.
Despite all it's flaws, I liked it.

Thanks!
It's one of my favorites. Dark Messiah is mostly fighting and dungeon crawling. I thinks it's best to look at is as an fps-like game with fantasy weapons and some character stat development. Or maybe Arx Fatalis on a rail, if you're familiar with that game. The story is presented kind of like an FPS, not unlike of Halo or Half-Life.

FWIW, all of Ubi's HoMM games as well as Dark Messiah and Clash of Heroes take place in the same Ashan game world. HoMM V: ToE and HoMM VI were more interesting for me because I had played Dark Messiah (this was totally unnecessary though).
Dark Messiah is a load of fun. I'd love to see a proper, more expansive RPG with it's combat system. One of the few games to do melee combat right (others being Zeno Clash and Dead Island off the top of my head). It's also pretty friendly to swordmagery, which I always enjoy when games do that right. Walk into a room, Pick up all the barrels with telekenisis and smash the first few dudes, kill another guy into a bunch of spikes, and finish the last few off in melee.

It also tends to go on sale STUPID cheap. Like there was a pack with it, HOMM V and its' 2 xpacs for 5 dollars total during a couple sales.

E.Y.E. is a mess, but fun at times. It's badly translated and overly complicated, and some of the enemy spawning mechanics were just stupid decisions. There's a great game buried in there, and it can be quite fun at times but it will leave you scratching your head or just plain frustrated at times.

One thing I did like about it is your character is an elite badass military guy or something, and he actually feels like one at the start of the game. So many games start you off with a character like this and then give you a Wooden Sword of Splinters and a Nerf Gun to start with, and your enemies tend to be the equivelant. This game throws you in the deep end, letting you choose if you want to whip out the badass katanas and be a ninja or don the heavy armor and minigun pretty much straight away.
Post edited July 02, 2012 by Sinizine