It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

taczillabr: What is the difference between The Last Standalone and Retribution? The Last Standalone is already included in Retribution or what?!
Yes, "The Last Stand" is part of Retribution but it is also sold on its own as "Last Standalone." It essentially survival multiplayer mode where you have to hold out against invading hordes as long as possible.
danteveli: Dawn of War® - Platinum Edition is for 2.5 Euro on Steam - thats cheaper than the promoted gold edition and it has more stuff.
orcishgamer: This is the only edition worth playing (I suppose if you really want you can add Soulstorm, *sigh*)
What's wrong with soulstorm? I've got the platinum edition, and I'm thinking of getting soulstorm as well.
orcishgamer: This is the only edition worth playing (I suppose if you really want you can add Soulstorm, *sigh*)
maycett: What's wrong with soulstorm? I've got the platinum edition, and I'm thinking of getting soulstorm as well.
The Dark Crusade added a lot of balance, charm, and turned the engine dial up to 11. There's a lot of balance with all the armies, but but TDC only added 2 armies, Soulstorm does the same... just without adding much else. A lot of folks didn't like the balance, but by the time I got Soulstorm the competitive play was essentially over so I never engaged in it.

Also, most people have Platinum, so it's easier to find folks to play with. I guess Soulstorm wasn't horrid, but it's expensive for what you're getting, compared to Platinum.
taczillabr: IIRC now the money has been changed for virtual points. I noticed this first because the DLC disappeared from Steam, then I found this interview: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/18/age-of-empires-online-interview-becoming-really-free-to-play-instead-of-free-to-try/
FUCKING YES!!!!!!!

Finally.
Post edited June 29, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: The Dark Crusade added a lot of balance, charm, and turned the engine dial up to 11. There's a lot of balance with all the armies, but but TDC only added 2 armies, Soulstorm does the same... just without adding much else. A lot of folks didn't like the balance, but by the time I got Soulstorm the competitive play was essentially over so I never engaged in it.

Also, most people have Platinum, so it's easier to find folks to play with. I guess Soulstorm wasn't horrid, but it's expensive for what you're getting, compared to Platinum.
I guess I won't buy soulstorm this time, especially since I'm short on funds and the summer sale is coming up. Thanks for the reply, it makes my decision easier :)
danteveli: Dawn of War® - Platinum Edition is for 2.5 Euro on Steam - thats cheaper than the promoted gold edition and it has more stuff.
Eh, $7.50 here. Reverse ripoff for once.
Are the Steam Daily Midnight Mysteries games any good?
The Kingdoms of Amalur Collection is $28 at 60% off at Gamersgate . Anyone know if it's worth getting?
Etdn: The Kingdoms of Amalur Collection is $28 at 60% off at Gamersgate . Anyone know if it's worth getting?
Does it have the DLC? If so, maybe, it should be even cheaper for the holidays this fall, though. Don't pick it up now unless you intend to play it soon.
Etdn: The Kingdoms of Amalur Collection is $28 at 60% off at Gamersgate . Anyone know if it's worth getting?
Good price, not sure it's low enough for me to bite with Max Payne and Syndicate to buy on Sunday though. How good is the DLC, does anyone know?

I assume this is GG's Saturday EA sale btw, even though it's still Friday.
StingingVelvet: Good price, not sure it's low enough for me to bite with Max Payne and Syndicate to buy on Sunday though. How good is the DLC, does anyone know?

I assume this is GG's Saturday EA sale btw, even though it's still Friday.
Max Payne 3 is my next big one, I think I might just grab it the next time it's 40 USD or less and the Rockstar Pass and get it all at once.
Post edited June 29, 2012 by orcishgamer
orcishgamer: Max Payne 3 is my next big one, I think I might just grab it the next time it's 40 USD or less and the Rockstar Pass and get it all at once.
Amazon supposedly will have it for $30 starting Sunday, which I plan to take advantage of. I don't care about the season pass 'cause I don't play multi.
orcishgamer: Max Payne 3 is my next big one, I think I might just grab it the next time it's 40 USD or less and the Rockstar Pass and get it all at once.
StingingVelvet: Amazon supposedly will have it for $30 starting Sunday, which I plan to take advantage of. I don't care about the season pass 'cause I don't play multi.
I want it on XBox 360 I think, they'll probably have both on sale if the one is.
orcishgamer: Does it have the DLC? If so, maybe, it should be even cheaper for the holidays this fall, though. Don't pick it up now unless you intend to play it soon.
It has the two main DLC packs, but not the weapon DLC pack.

It is certainly worth the 60% off price. But bear in mind it adds to Origin, not Steam.

If you want it on Steam, you'll need to buy it on Steam. However, as 38 Studios are responsible for the Steam version, it may not get any discounts anymore due to 38 Studios no longer being around to give permission -- that is, if Valve don't already have a provision in their distribution agreement that allows them to discount whenever they want.

The discount is possible on GamersGate as EA are the publisher on that one. It's ultimately up to you whether you want to risk waiting for a better sale that may never come.
Post edited June 30, 2012 by bansama
orcishgamer: Does it have the DLC? If so, maybe, it should be even cheaper for the holidays this fall, though. Don't pick it up now unless you intend to play it soon.
bansama: It has the two main DLC packs, but not the weapon DLC pack.

It is certainly worth the 60% off price. But bear in mind it adds to Origin, not Steam.

If you want it on Steam, you'll need to buy it on Steam. However, as 38 Studios are responsible for the Steam version, it may not get any discounts anymore due to 38 Studios no longer being around to give permission -- that is, if Valve don't already have a provision in their distribution agreement that allows them to discount whenever they want.

The discount is possible on GamersGate as EA are the publisher on that one. It's ultimately up to you whether you want to risk waiting for a better sale that may never come.
The Origin version is fine, honestly, at its worst Origin is no worse than Steam, and often is significantly less intrusive. Aside from the Origin issue, KoA sales are 100% profit to EA per their contract they signed with 38 studios, this game will be dirt cheap by Christmas and possibly used as the sacrificial lamb to get people checking on Origin during the holiday buying frenzy/sales.
orcishgamer: I want it on XBox 360 I think, they'll probably have both on sale if the one is.
It's a digital only summer sale to compete with Steam, so I doubt it, but knowing amazon the disc will be discounted often on its own.

You should get the PC version though, it looks and plays significantly better from everything I have heard.