It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Scary Girl is 50% off on GG (£3.50), has anyone tried it and can recommend it? (I have to be stringy with cash until Autumn now...)
Yay, I finally got Space Marine... $7!
I finally bought The Last Remnant (5 pounds on GG: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TLR/the-last-remnant-tm ), played it for 30 minutes and ... it's surprisingly not bad!
It suffers from consolitis in the controls department but otherwise looks and plays pretty solid.

I'm definitely looking forward to the more complicated fights and the story.
Post edited June 28, 2012 by Revisor
Revisor: I finally bought The Last Remnant (5 pounds on GG: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TLR/the-last-remnant-tm ), played it for 30 minutes and ... it's surprisingly not bad!
It suffers from consolitis in the controls department but otherwise looks and plays pretty solid.

xbox controller for pc helps alot.
Revisor: I finally bought The Last Remnant (5 pounds on GG: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-TLR/the-last-remnant-tm ), played it for 30 minutes and ... it's surprisingly not bad!

It eventually gets frustratingly difficult, though, and at least on console versions grinding for levels (or ranks I think they're called) does nothing but make the game progressively harder to the point where it can become unbeatable. Square never cleared up whether that was changed for the PC version, so keep that in mind.

Tizzysawr: It eventually gets frustratingly difficult, though, and at least on console versions grinding for levels (or ranks I think they're called) does nothing but make the game progressively harder to the point where it can become unbeatable. Square never cleared up whether that was changed for the PC version, so keep that in mind.
I've read that this game is great if you don't grind. But you'll still have some impossible looking fights.

Tizzysawr: It eventually gets frustratingly difficult, though, and at least on console versions grinding for levels (or ranks I think they're called) does nothing but make the game progressively harder to the point where it can become unbeatable. Square never cleared up whether that was changed for the PC version, so keep that in mind.
I've read that the PC version's balance changed significantly. For instance, Battlerank doesn't get out of hand unless you try and you can form squads (forgot Last Remnant's term) of nothing but leaders.

I casually played Last Remnant like a Final Fantasy game without doing any grinding. I had no problems completing it. I beat the final boss on the first try without realizing I was entering the encounter. There was one boss in the first third of the game who killed me a couple times until I built multiple squads with the resurrection ability. After that it was all smooth sailing.

It's worth noting that the final boss gets buffed depending on how high a percentage of completion you have for the game (I had no more than 40% with about 100 hours play time but I'm slow). You might be able to screw yourself if you approach 100% completion and made a gimped build but you're probably hard core if you're doing that anyway.

I was a little disappointed that the game does a poor job of explaining formations in game and even in the manual. I highly recommend going to game's wiki and read up on that info. Just be sure to avoid spoilers. XD
The game in general loves to not explain a thing. Oh, this guy I have has a stat called Gluttony? That sounds bad. Oh, he just leveled it up after a fight, and the game presented it like it was exciting. So I guess it's good. What does it do? Oh, you want to have these 7 fly wings from the battle. I guess you can. Next battle, 9 more fly wings, and you STILL want more of them you asshole? What're you doing with those things!?!?
amok: Scary Girl is 50% off on GG (£3.50), has anyone tried it and can recommend it? (I have to be stringy with cash until Autumn now...)
HI Yes, I recommended it 2 times before, here. It`s a ton of fun! But quite short and the great charackter design/graphics and game mechanics and platforming action make it feel even shorter because it´s so weird and funny.
Totally worthwhile, if you are into JnR!
Post edited June 28, 2012 by dyscode
amok: Scary Girl is 50% off on GG (£3.50), has anyone tried it and can recommend it? (I have to be stringy with cash until Autumn now...)
dyscode: HI Yes, I recommended it 2 times before, here. It`s a ton of fun! But quite short and the great charackter design and game mechanics and platforming action make it feel even shorter because it´s so weird and funny.
Cheers, might get it then
grinninglich: Who said Dragon Age was DRM-Free come here. You deserve some punishment. You were either lying or a ignorant fool. Dragon Age Origins is a game most from being DRM-FREE.

As they said on Amazon comments installing and getting work this game clearly a pain in the ass.

This is my third try. Still can not play the game.

1-) You have to register a Bioware account for DLC's.

2-) You have to have an Origin account with the same registered email as Bioware account.

3-) Before installation your activation of game on Origin client must be completed. Or game will throw a error and you HAVE TO REINSTALL!

4-) Start installation, enter CD-key.

5-) When asked to install Adobe Air you have to install it!! Otherwise you will have to reinstall game AGAIN!!

6-) Game will ask for your ORIGIN account, log-in and open the game.

7-) In game log-in to your Bioware account which must be same with Origin account to play DLC's.
Thanks for the Walkthough! This is appreciated. :)
(even if i already have Origin and BWSN accounts and cannot remember any one claiming DA:O was DRM free, maybe I missed that part)
Meh... I had my hopes the steam summer sale would start today. ¬¬

DotEmu has been re-launched and has games for $1.50 and up: http://www.dotemu.com/en/pc-games/company/nordic-games

Also, Age of Empires Online now doesn't have paid content anymore, if anyone is interested to try it to the first time (like me, as I dislike pay-to-win games, won't pay real money in a so called free game).
dyscode: Thanks for the Walkthough! This is appreciated. :)
(even if i already have Origin and BWSN accounts and cannot remember any one claiming DA:O was DRM free, maybe I missed that part)
DA:O, on disc anyway, was DRM free. The DLC however is not.
dyscode: HI Yes, I recommended it 2 times before, here. It`s a ton of fun! But quite short and the great charackter design and game mechanics and platforming action make it feel even shorter because it´s so weird and funny.
amok: Cheers, might get it then
I forgot to say, you may want to use a controller for it, too.
dyscode: Thanks for the Walkthough! This is appreciated. :)
StingingVelvet: DA:O, on disc anyway, was DRM free. The DLC however is not.
Ah, yes discs, I remember those, darkly ;)
I'm playing Mass Effect 3 right now and it seems to require an internet connection every time you start the game for the DLC to work, and thus your saves to work. Pretty ass. At least DA:O didn't do that.