It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yep, a good game. The menu should have been adapted for the PC but otherwise, it was a fun game (except for the last mission which was completely not stealth).
keeveek: wut? it's not even good enough to own one copy of it ;p
StingingVelvet: I've never understood the hate for Velvet Assassin. If you like Splinter Cell style stealth games it's a pretty good game, and the PC version looks pretty nice.
stealth system in Velvet Assassin is binary. It's not fun when theres mostly only one way to make a stealth attempt.
keeveek: stealth system in Velvet Assassin is binary. It's not fun when theres mostly only one way to make a stealth attempt.
Yes, it is linear, same as the early Splinter Cell games. I liked those games, and liked Velvet Assassin.
keeveek: stealth system in Velvet Assassin is binary. It's not fun when theres mostly only one way to make a stealth attempt.
StingingVelvet: Yes, it is linear, same as the early Splinter Cell games. I liked those games, and liked Velvet Assassin.
Nope. At least to Chaos Theory, stealth system was progressive.
I never liked Splinter Cell enough to play more than one mission. I always hated stealth based games and elements of them in other games. Always. (apart perhaps from Alpha Protocol)

Yet, few weeks ago I started a youtube Let's Play (blind) of Velvet Assassin and for some reason I am having a blast. The game doesn't excel in anything, although the graphics are nice and the shooting mechanics are great. I am in the 4 or 5th mission now and I keep wanting to play more and more. I highly recommend it as a game.
Post edited June 13, 2012 by trusteft
keeveek: Nope. At least to Chaos Theory, stealth system was progressive.
Hey maybe that's why I said early Splinter Cell games. Though it's not like Chaos Theory was some totally non-linear Deus Ex style game either.

In any case, liking something is an opinion. I liked Velvet Assassin. Nothing you say makes that wrong.
Some decent deals at GameFly today:
Just Cause 2: $4.99
BioShock 2: $7.49
Risen: $5.99
Tropico 4: $9.99
From Dust: $3.75
Pirates of Black Cove: $4.99
Jurassic Park: The Game: $7.49
Far Cry: $2.49
Dead Island: $11.99
Crysis Maximum Edition: $4.49
Sniper: Ghost Warrior Gold Edition: $4.99
Rune Classic is "debuting" on Steam, 20% off.
This is a game I expected some other store to get first.....

Apparently this Classic version adds/modify some stuff to the original game

Also on Steam, Darkspore 75% off is the daily deal.
Post edited June 13, 2012 by uchos
uchos: Also on Steam, Darkspore 75% off is the daily deal.
Not just , there's also 75% off [url=http://store.steampowered.com/sub/1741/]SPORE Complete Pack.
uchos: Rune Classic is "debuting" on Steam, 20% off.
This is a game I expected some other store to get first.....

Apparently this Classic version adds/modify some stuff to the original game
They even add a soundtrack!
That is very GOGgish of them...
Spore and Darkspore are 75% off.

Fun fact. I bought a sealed copy of Spore today, was planning on selling it on eBay. And this shows up. Goddamnit. :\
Base price US: $19.99
Base price EU: €49.99

Thanks EA...

Ow? A new Spellforce 2 expansion was added to Coming soon? Didn't even know they were still making those.
Post edited June 13, 2012 by Pheace
Foxhack: Spore and Darkspore are 75% off.

Fun fact. I bought a sealed copy of Spore today, was planning on selling it on eBay. And this shows up. Goddamnit. :\
Ouch..... :)
Pheace: Base price US: $19.99
Base price EU: €49.99

Thanks EA...
Base price AU: $69.99, and that's in USD. Because it's not enough to rip us off, they need to do it in US currency instead of our own too.
Someone please help me buy Darkspore from the US or UK region (4.99 USD or 3.74 GBP).

I also have this offer if you want some games in return instead of PayPal.