It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Amazon.com game download sale ends tomorrow, does amazon.com have game download sales in the summer like steam does?
Rockstar has added Midnight Club II to everyone who joined their community earlier this month.
At midnight PST today Amazon.com will be running hourly lightning (aka Goldbox) deals, all video games, one per hour. Good games with outstanding deals will be gone in 10-15 minutes, so stay on top of the checking if you want one in particular.
cioran: It's 5.99 on steam. It was on sale on amazon and origin.com too I think.

It has some really, really weird bugs e.g. you have to start editing your ini file (or config) to get the umbrella to work. The coding is really sloppy and obviously wasn't error checked well or playtested at all because several bugs are just game-breaking. I actually had to edit a few things to get through the main quest, which was infuriating.

The game is 2 patches away from being a legitimately great game, but as it stands, it's a brilliant disaster. Really wanted to like it too, Alice 1 is one of my all time top 10 games.
I've heared it's 6$ on US store, but I get it for 10$ for some reason which is a bit weird :\

Thanks for the info! if the latest patch still doesn't fix these problems (which you might or might not encounter), I do wish they would release another patch!
On the Steam forums I've read that these bugs might be due to the fact that EA rushed Spicy Horse etc' which is a bummer ><

Either way, as an Alice and American McGee fan, I would love to get and play it :)

If anyone from the UK has a bit of time to help and gift me the game for paypal money, it would be great ^^
grviper: Third Wire Productions runs a Memorial Day sale on all of their titles (flight sims).
https://store.thirdwire.com/sales.htm

Better product info via store https://store.thirdwire.com/store.htm
How are these games? Never heard of them must admit. That First Eagles 2 looks really interesting.
Finally bought Alice. $5.99 for the game plus two locations to download from is a great deal.

Totally forgot about Rockstar's Midnight Club II for free thing so it was a nice bonus to see it in my library tonight.
Kabuto: Finally bought Alice. $5.99 for the game plus two locations to download from is a great deal.

Totally forgot about Rockstar's Midnight Club II for free thing so it was a nice bonus to see it in my library tonight.
Haha Whoa... didn't see that one.
Kabuto: Finally bought Alice. $5.99 for the game plus two locations to download from is a great deal.

Heh, forgot about that.
Neilk40: Amazon.com game download sale ends tomorrow, does amazon.com have game download sales in the summer like steam does?
Amazon matched a lot of deals during the steam winter sale so I expect them to do the same during the summer sale.
cioran: It's 5.99 on steam. It was on sale on amazon and origin.com too I think.

It has some really, really weird bugs e.g. you have to start editing your ini file (or config) to get the umbrella to work. The coding is really sloppy and obviously wasn't error checked well or playtested at all because several bugs are just game-breaking. I actually had to edit a few things to get through the main quest, which was infuriating.

The game is 2 patches away from being a legitimately great game, but as it stands, it's a brilliant disaster. Really wanted to like it too, Alice 1 is one of my all time top 10 games.
DarkSlim: I've heared it's 6$ on US store, but I get it for 10$ for some reason which is a bit weird :\

Thanks for the info! if the latest patch still doesn't fix these problems (which you might or might not encounter), I do wish they would release another patch!
On the Steam forums I've read that these bugs might be due to the fact that EA rushed Spicy Horse etc' which is a bummer ><

Either way, as an Alice and American McGee fan, I would love to get and play it :)

If anyone from the UK has a bit of time to help and gift me the game for paypal money, it would be great ^^
Nah, American McGee, et al outsourced all the coding to China. I don't think there'll be any patch. They're aware of the issue, but the coders are a continent away and apparently not really too interested in patching the game, so yeah, you pretty much have to fix it yourself.

LOL, blame the publisher, the troika excuse. The bugs aren't the publisher's fault. AM is practically part of EA anyway.

You should have seen Bad Day in LA, McGee's first attempt to offshore the coding of an entire game. Dear God, just atrocious.

OmegaX: Really? I beat the game without touching any config file at all. The only bug I encountered consistently was getting stuck while walking up stairs but jumping always got me unstuck. Also, the first time I fought the last boss it was invincible and it wouldn't attack me either but restarting from the last checkpoint fixed that.
DId you download it from Origin? Maybe they have a more updated version.
The umbrella glitch (they actually bound 2 keys to one button or something similarly insane) affected most users, along with the giant glitch (I think they left out a semi-colon or a curly brace or something). Maybe they finally patched it. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Equally likely, you just might not have been affected.

Did you beat the 3 headed fiend with clockwork bombs or reflected projectiles (via umbrella)? Technically, you can beat them without the umbrella, it just takes a while.

The game had a bunch of other weird bugs too, including invincible enemies and player character, etc.

Controller mapping also had some kind of minor problem that I can't remember.
Neilk40: Amazon.com game download sale ends tomorrow, does amazon.com have game download sales in the summer like steam does?
fursav: Amazon matched a lot of deals during the steam winter sale so I expect them to do the same during the summer sale.
Gold Box sale tomorrow...
Post edited May 29, 2012 by cioran
cioran: The umbrella glitch (they actually bound 2 keys to one button or something similarly insane) affected most users, along with the giant glitch (I think they left out a semi-colon or a curly brace or something). Maybe they finally patched it. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Equally likely, you just might not have been affected.

Did you beat the 3 headed fiend with clockwork bombs or reflected projectiles (via umbrella)? Technically, you can beat them without the umbrella, it just takes a while.

The game had a bunch of other weird bugs too, including invincible enemies and player character, etc.

Controller mapping also had some kind of minor problem that I can't remember.
I used the umbrella to deflect projectiles A LOT so I'm sure it worked well. I played with a Xbox 360 controller, maybe that has something to do with it.
I don't remember any glitches when Alice becomes a giant but I did experience some invisible enemies on occasion.
kalmis666: How are these games? Never heard of them must admit. That First Eagles 2 looks really interesting.
Ever seen European Air War? Same game (no wonder really), only in different settings, made by a smaller team on a tighter budget. Dynamic campaigns, simple controls, yet different planes do behave differently. Don't expect extreme detail in physics and procedures, but expect a lot of death because of wrong tactical decisions.
And there are shitloads of mods
http://combatace.com/files/category/358-first-eagles-by-thirdwire/
http://combatace.com/files/category/388-strike-fighters-2-series-by-thirdwire/
grviper: Gold version of UFO ET is not necessarily improved.
schmea: I'd grab the Gold version for the simple reason that the mod is still being worked on and improved (sporadically, but updates do happen), and having the newest version never hurts for compatibility.
Gold has Starforce. It's publisher ND Games is Russian.
Only in NA. Non-NA USD using regions are being charged $9.99 (base price is still $49.99). For EU regions, replace dollars with Euros (again, no price drop. The UK got the best price at just under $4.70 (£2.99).
bansama: Only in NA. Non-NA USD using regions are being charged $9.99 (base price is still $49.99). For EU regions, replace dollars with Euros (again, no price drop. The UK got the best price at just under $4.70 (£2.99).
This is just ridiculous. It is 80% off everywhere but the UVP fur Europe, except the UK, is still 49,99€. I really want to have Alice, but this feels just wrong. :(