It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Steam daily deal : Nancy Drew: The Haunting of Castle Malloy
keeveek: I would rather advise to check taxes in different states.

It's better to choose a state with lower % tax on digital games :P

I'm living in Cambridge, Minnesota, if somebody asked me.

PS. Phone number is irrelevant.

Only Zip code and the state 'integrity' are checked.

somebody from the US could advise which states to use for the lowest taxation?
I may be wrong on this, but I was under the impression sales tax on online purchases was generated from the tax location of the company, not the seller.
keeveek: I would rather advise to check taxes in different states.

It's better to choose a state with lower % tax on digital games :P

I'm living in Cambridge, Minnesota, if somebody asked me.

PS. Phone number is irrelevant.

Only Zip code and the state 'integrity' are checked.

somebody from the US could advise which states to use for the lowest taxation?
Gremmi: I may be wrong on this, but I was under the impression sales tax on online purchases was generated from the tax location of the company, not the seller.
Oregon has no sales tax.

@Gremmi There's two issues to determine whether you owe sales tax on mail order goods (a part of which online sales are generally currently considered): 1) The location of the buyer and 2) if the seller has a business presence in the same state as the buyer. If both are true then the merchant must collect sales tax and remit it to that state.

Now, as a resident, most states will have a Use Tax which is an end run around the commerce clause, Use Tax is basically a sales tax on out of state goods, but it's on you (the buyer) to remit it. Guess how many people actually do this...
wormholewizards: Saw it. But looking for the game + expansion. Since it's not available in bundle yet, i guess i have to wait for sales.
Are you sure you don't want to make a trade ? You can buy the missing DLC later .
wormholewizards: Saw it. But looking for the game + expansion. Since it's not available in bundle yet, i guess i have to wait for sales.
ne_zavarj: Are you sure you don't want to make a trade ? You can buy the missing DLC later .
Not right now, the DLC is kinda expensive but just like other Paradox title it's important because of the improvement, bugfixes, must-have for the next update and expansion; that's what put me off for the time being.

But i'm curious what do you want in exchange? GOG games? If there's no taker in few days i might change my mind.
wormholewizards: But i'm curious what do you want in exchange? GOG games?
Yes .
Thought I'd let ye olde RPG players know, if ye don't already, that for a short time Spiderweb Software is selling the second Avernum Trilogy for 10 dollars. So if you didn't want to get it on Steam, or would like to give more support to the creator of these great old-style games grab it before its price scorches back up. I doubt the deal will be that good again for a long time. Here is the web page to go right to it:
http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=SAt&Category_Code=Avernum_Games
Happy gaming. :D
Amazon currently have this amazing bundle !

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-41051dox-Package1-Plentiful/dp/B0085CD7BE/ref=br_lf_m_1000716161_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1370327522&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1S3TA8B2HN4ZZN83PGM1

I'm actually wishing I didn't already own them all ! :o
KOCollins: Thought I'd let ye olde RPG players know, if ye don't already, that for a short time Spiderweb Software is selling the second Avernum Trilogy for 10 dollars.
Sweet, thanks! Anyone know by any chance what's the packaging for the CD versions?
KOCollins: Thought I'd let ye olde RPG players know, if ye don't already, that for a short time Spiderweb Software is selling the second Avernum Trilogy for 10 dollars.
MoP: Sweet, thanks! Anyone know by any chance what's the packaging for the CD versions?
It's not much more than a paper sleeve, the CD, your keys (on a piece of paper), shipped on a bubble envelope. It's possible he's changed something recently, but paying extra for the CDs pretty much gets you physical CDs and not much more. I love Jeff and his games, but don't expect a fancy box or anything.

Perhaps if something has changed in the last two years someone else can say.
There is another sale at Spiderweb Webside (in adition to the Avernum 2nd trilogy sale) right now: AVADON for 5 USD.

http://www.spidweb.com/avadon/index.html
Post edited May 28, 2012 by Moha
these all Steam DRMed? (Have Magicka and Sword of the Stars collection already though)
nijuu: these all Steam DRMed? (Have Magicka and Sword of the Stars collection already though)
Crusader Kings 2, Sword of the stars 2 and Magicka are steamworks

others are DRM-free
Wow, thats a great offer...i especially would like to have Crusader Kings 2.
But sadly im from germany and cant buy at amazon.com.

But since its a Steam game, i guess you get a key from amazon so you can download the game via steam too.
So if anyone already has it or dont want it, i would like to barter the Crusader Kings 2 Steam key against any 5.99$ GoG.com game.

Just PM me.
FloKaj: Wow, thats a great offer...i especially would like to have Crusader Kings 2.
But sadly im from germany and cant buy at amazon.com.
You can. All you need to do is to make a fake account with fake US address and you may buy it with your German credit card.

Unless you think it's not fair, this is the easy way of buying games from US amazon all over the world.