It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DodoGeo: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085CD7BE?tag=vglnk-c1561-20

Paradox Strategy Pack, over 90% off.

Worth it for Crusader Kings 2 only at 13$.
So sad that I think No at Sword of the Stars II and Yes at Sword of the Stars 1 complete... Agree it's a very nice pack for that price though.
DodoGeo: Paradox Strategy Pack, over 90% off.
Does anyone know what, if any DRM is used?
DodoGeo: Paradox Strategy Pack, over 90% off.
Navagon: Does anyone know what, if any DRM is used?
It says for every game on it's individual page, as far as I know Magicka and CK2 are Steamworks.
I can strongly recommend that pack even only for Vicky 2 and CK2. It seems Vicky 2 is without expansion, sadly.
DodoGeo: It says for every game on it's individual page, as far as I know Magicka and CK2 are Steamworks.
It seems most of them are save for SitS1.
DodoGeo: It says for every game on it's individual page, as far as I know Magicka and CK2 are Steamworks.
Navagon: It seems most of them are save for SitS1.
And Vic 2
Paradox games are usually DRM-Free. If it's not steamworks, it's usually not drm-infested.
Pheace: And Vic 2
I can only hope that means DRM-free then. When it comes to DRM Steam is about the only decent option.
Victoria II is DRM Free.

Steamworks paradox games:
Magicka and addons
SotSE 2
Crusader Kings 2.
Defenders of Ardania

Any other Paradox title should be DRM free everywhere. Sometimes, you may need cd key for online play (Mount and Blade series).

Also, you should receive Paradox forums key to each title you buy. It's crucial, because multiplay on paradox meta server is avaible only if you registered the game on their forums.

Listen to me. I've got almost every paradox title ever released :P
Post edited May 27, 2012 by keeveek
keeveek: Also, you should receive Paradox forums key to each title you buy. It's crucial, because multiplay on paradox meta server is avaible only if you registered the game on their forums.

Listen to me. I've got almost every paradox title ever released :P
Also, the support forums and beta patches are also only available with a forum registration.
Paradox keeps releasing games as steamworks only lately and I don't like it at all. I find myself buying fewer titles because of it.
trusteft: Paradox keeps releasing games as steamworks only lately and I don't like it at all. I find myself buying fewer titles because of it.
Paradox will still release their first party titles as DRM free on Gamer's Gate.
I've never bought a game from Amazon yet, but the Paradox sale is tempting. Can anyone enlighten me on how this works from Europe, if it works at all?
SitS2 has this update: "+ Patched a ship repair divide-by-zero crash."

So at least now only the game will crash. Not the entire universe.

Balazs: I've never bought a game from Amazon yet, but the Paradox sale is tempting. Can anyone enlighten me on how this works from Europe, if it works at all?
Give it a US billing address. Like a hotel or something like that. Needs to be one with a phone number, zip code etc. It won't work otherwise.

After that you get the same kind of downloader program and serial deal as Gamersgate (if you're familiar with them).
Navagon: SitS2 has this update: "+ Patched a ship repair divide-by-zero crash."

So at least now only the game will crash. Not the entire universe.

Balazs: I've never bought a game from Amazon yet, but the Paradox sale is tempting. Can anyone enlighten me on how this works from Europe, if it works at all?
Navagon: Give it a US billing address. Like a hotel or something like that. Needs to be one with a phone number, zip code etc. It won't work otherwise.

After that you get the same kind of downloader program and serial deal as Gamersgate (if you're familiar with them).
Sounds easy, thanks! Only thing is, won't they recognize that, based on my IP adress, I'm outside of the US?