It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

dyscode: Then I would just need a PS2, lolz
GameRager: Emulate it.......that's what I do for some PS2 games I have discs for for various reasons.(I love playing at my PC desk some PS2 games, for example.)
I guess I´d rather spent the 6pounds for the download, I am too lazy for emulating. Besides I haven`t bought a physical copy of a game since 2006. But thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind ;D
Post edited April 23, 2012 by dyscode
GameRager: Emulate it.......that's what I do for some PS2 games I have discs for for various reasons.(I love playing at my PC desk some PS2 games, for example.)
nagytow: You cannot legally emulate PS2 on your PC if you don't own PS2 as all emulators require PS2 bios image.

manyhighfives: Hey folks. New to GOG.com. I am just a little skeptical. These old games (circa 1990s) are really going to work on my Windows 7 x64?
nagytow: Mostly yeah, there are some problems here and there though.
Amazing. Time to DL Legacy of Time...
nagytow: You cannot legally emulate PS2 on your PC if you don't own PS2 as all emulators require PS2 bios image.
Buy a broken PS2 then.....problem solved. :\
manyhighfives: Hey folks. New to GOG.com. I am just a little skeptical. These old games (circa 1990s) are really going to work on my Windows 7 x64?
Check the community stickies compendium on page 1 of general for a link to the win7 compatibility thread.
Post edited April 23, 2012 by GameRager
I rarely came across any problems with W7x64
for DOS Games there is the Freeware DosBox emulator, which is quite flawless.
and for XP there is VMware, which also works very nice and better than W7 Pro XP-Mode.
Games for W95,98 are likely to cause the most troubles, though and won´t run without decent help, e.g. from the GOG installer.
Most of the times setting program's Properties to Admin Mode and XPSP3 compatibility does the job.

that's my experience :)
Post edited April 23, 2012 by dyscode
Whitewraith: Does anyone know if The void plays on win 7?
I do not have any problems with mine. I have Win7 64 bit.
Whitewraith: Does anyone know if The void plays on win 7?
amok: I do not have any problems with mine. I have Win7 64 bit.
Thanks everyone for the reply looks like the void is not on sale in the US.
A quick but somewhat unrelated question here.

What's with the deal with the "co.uk" version of the GamersGate website, which operates in Euros, I have noticed that it has some titles which aren't to be found on the other 'main' site.
Buy a PS2 is a good idea, the pcsx2 ( ps2 emulator) is really mess ( tons of config to get a game working). Most of games you will get graphic bug, low fps. If you don't own a Core i5 2500k with minimum 3.5Ghz or a i7, don't ever think try this.
I have a AMD B50 which is Phenom 2 720 unlocks the 4th core, most of games i only get approximately 30 fps with "Software graphic emulate" to fix graphical bug. However, Final Fantasy X run flawlessly (maybe it is a PS2 common title so it is quite optimized)
/ps: I only have some PS2 titles such as FF X, Ace Combat 4, 5... so it could be individuals
Post edited April 23, 2012 by metalkidz
With pcsx2, the most important thing is ur cpu. Graphic card is only helpful if you wanna play game at high resolution
Post edited April 23, 2012 by metalkidz
Crosmando: A quick but somewhat unrelated question here.

What's with the deal with the "co.uk" version of the GamersGate website, which operates in Euros, I have noticed that it has some titles which aren't to be found on the other 'main' site.
It's the uk version of gamersgate. Some games are cheaper or only available in the uk store. You can just sign in with your normal gamersgate account, I don't believe you even need to use a proxy.
Post edited April 23, 2012 by maycett
Telltale's Almost Everything Pack is tempting , but is Jurrasic Park The Game that terrible ? I would like to play it with mous + keyboard .
gameon: All this ps2 talk is quite interesting. I'm looking to sell my ps2 (with 21 games, multitap, memory card and some contollers).

I tried to run my fahrenheit game on pc emulated, and it was slow framerates, despite having a quad core cpu, and a half decent graphics card!
My advice: Keep the PS2 in case you want to emulate later or ever feel the itch to play again....unless you have a (rare) PS2 compatible PS3 anyways. Some of the games for PS2 are damn fun to play and not having a PS2 can suck bigtime if you ever want to play it again(or if you want to emulate "legally" by having a ps2 when you emulate games you own.)

As for the slow speeds, it depends on the settings you pick for graphics output, as well as what plugins for graphics/etc you use. Setting the settings too high or using outdated ps2 emulator plugins can cause lag and bugs, afaik.
Crosmando: A quick but somewhat unrelated question here.

maycett: It's the uk version of gamersgate. Some games are cheaper or only available in the uk store. You can just sign in with your normal gamersgate account, I don't believe you even need to use a proxy.
Well yes, I can use my log-in on the UK site, but the "Buy" button disappears on the games only on the UK site. That's a shame.
ne_zavarj: Telltale's Almost Everything Pack is tempting , but is Jurrasic Park The Game that terrible ? I would like to play it with mous + keyboard .
My biggest problem with JP is it's technical problems. Way too often the game just freezes up right in the middle of gameplay. Sometimes there is lag and other times you get a huge FPS drop for no reason. It's really quite jarring and completely takes you out of the experience.
Post edited April 23, 2012 by TheWhiteRose
Crosmando: Well yes, I can use my log-in on the UK site, but the "Buy" button disappears on the games only on the UK site. That's a shame.
Strange, I've bought games from the uk store before with no problems. Maybe some games are region restricted.