It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ganni1987: Does anyone own Dead Cells on Steam? I think the latest GOG update might be an older build compared to what Steam got.

Attached screenshot for reference.
Hybrid6781: Here it looks as if the game got updated the same day??
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1237807960#builds
I'm aware of that but the in game build date is from 2023-10-31
Ganni1987: I'm aware of that but the in game build date is from 2023-10-31
Maybe the date is just off / not updated? Steam version is 35 and so does your screenshot of the GOG version. Had a similiar situation with another game and it turned out that the version naming was just off. In your case since the update dropped on the same day as on steam i would guess they updated to the same version... updating to an older build would...not make sense i guess?
Ganni1987: I'm aware of that but the in game build date is from 2023-10-31
The Steam version has the correct date in game, the 2023 date is close the final beta release. It still might be outdated, just not that much. The latest patch has been released on August 26th, while the latest GOG update was on the 19th. Dunno whether there's any beta shenanigans going, so it might worth checking manually.

Edit: I couldn't get the Curser to teleport, but also have no idea where the new minimap icon is supposed to be, so maybe it's up to date?
Post edited September 27, 2024 by soosgjr
high rated
Xeshra: Frontier Hunter: Erza’s Wheel of Fortune

Not sure yet if it looks bad because so far the support was pretty fine. However, as far as i can see and say, the GoG version is 2 updates behind and is lacking the newest "Mothers Trial DLC".

GoG version is at 1.0.018

Newest version is probably 1.1.01, or 1.1.001 according how it has been handled on this version. Major update!

Previous versions on Steam are most likely:

1.0.18> This is probably the version with GoG parity, released on 2. August 2024
1.0.16: Major Update

However... so far it has not been updated on any other platform and i hope it will soon be the case on GoG.
I got a reply on this one:

"The GOG version is still under review and will be released soon. We are also addressing some recent bugs and will release a patch update shortly."
Xeshra: Frontier Hunter: Erza’s Wheel of Fortune

Not sure yet if it looks bad because so far the support was pretty fine. However, as far as i can see and say, the GoG version is 2 updates behind and is lacking the newest "Mothers Trial DLC".

GoG version is at 1.0.018

Newest version is probably 1.1.01, or 1.1.001 according how it has been handled on this version. Major update!

Previous versions on Steam are most likely:

1.0.18> This is probably the version with GoG parity, released on 2. August 2024
1.0.16: Major Update

However... so far it has not been updated on any other platform and i hope it will soon be the case on GoG.
MarkoH01: I got a reply on this one:

"The GOG version is still under review and will be released soon. We are also addressing some recent bugs and will release a patch update shortly."
According to gogdb, version 1.1.04 has been added today.
Post edited September 27, 2024 by mrkgnao
Alone in the Crowd

Gog version is outdated . ( 1.0.4.2 )
Alone in the Crowd - Patch 1.0.5
What's new?

-Fixed citizen's animations.
-Lamp posts are back.
-Fixed bug where following the "Chosen" path was impossible due to a lack of citizens with the same surname.
-Changed the data box entry from "Camera coordinates" to "Target coordinates".
-I changed some dialogs with Boxy.
-Added a compass to the Eye.
-Added a huge camera icon on the Network.
-The clear filter button on the wheel report should completely clear all filters now.
-Made some minor fixes to texts.
-Reduced joystick sensitivity (on the Eye gadget).
-Added a lock gadget in place toggle.
-Added a play/pause button on the Eye.
-Added a few new face parts.
-Added a reset seed option on the main menu screen.
-Used an updated version of Unity that might fix other problems.

Thanks, everybody for the feedback =)
Outdated GOG Games:

Dance of Cards
The GOGdb version is 1.0, but the SteamDB version is well past 1.4.3. The Steam version was last updated on May 2024.

Oaken
The GOGdb version is 1.1.6, but the SteamDB version is 1.1.7 with multiple bugs fixed. The Steam version was last updated on December 1st, 2023.

Tin Can: Escape Pod Simulator
The GOGdb version is 1.0.01b from 2022, but the SteamDB version is past 1.0.05c. The Steam version was last updated on September 2023.
Post edited September 28, 2024 by IronArcturus
MarkoH01: I got a reply on this one:

mrkgnao: According to gogdb, version 1.1.04 has been added today.
The fully updated content was available now as a offline-installer Version 1.1.04. However, the Version ingame is "1.1.02". Some discrepancy but i guess it should be fine.
Post edited September 29, 2024 by Xeshra
I would like to nominate Restaurant Empire as a game that treats us as second class.

Reason: I have owned this title here for about 10 years! This game is kinda buggy, characters sometimes get stuck, disappear, eventually owning multiple restaurants causes crashes.

Then, I have recently tried Restaurant Empire 2 on Steam (thank you for the gift code!)
I have discovered that the sequel seems more like an expansion pack. It only adds a new campaign and a few other features.

The first campaign and the free game modes of Restaurant Empire 2 are exactly the same as Restaurant Empire 1.

The rationale for my nomination is because they didn't fix all the bugs of the first title nor released the "sequel" here.

GOG only offers the first, while Steam only offers the second. The second feels like a gold version of the first. It's almost pointless to own the first!

And: They are both by Enlight Software. Some versions were published by Paradox. Both the developers and the publisher have games on both storefronts.
thiagott:
Whatever their relation is, we're talking about different games, and this is about 2nd class treatment for games, not by publishers in general...
thiagott:
Cavalary: Whatever their relation is, we're talking about different games, and this is about 2nd class treatment for games, not by publishers in general...
Ok, my apologies. In any case I would like to leave their screenshots for future reference here, so players would be aware of their differences.

Thanks!
Attachments:
re1.jpg (226 Kb)
re2.jpg (221 Kb)
Cavalary: Whatever their relation is, we're talking about different games, and this is about 2nd class treatment for games, not by publishers in general...
thiagott: Ok, my apologies. In any case I would like to leave their screenshots for future reference here, so players would be aware of their differences.

Thanks!
Eh, hardly uncommon for sequels to reuse engines, after all. And a quick glance at a review says that there's a story too, and it differs: "In the original Restaurant Empire, you played the role of Armand LeBoeuf as he rose from hopeful chef to Hall of Fame megachef. Along the way, he managed to take down corporate food giant Omnifood, and the moral of that tale was don't mess with anyone whose last name translates to "the beef." [...] Restaurant Empire II picks up right after Armand and his wife Delia's honeymoon. Delia has plans to open a coffee shop and Armand, in a fit of generous supportiveness, offers to financially back her plans. Meanwhile, he discovers a career opportunity as a television celebrity chef and decides to pursue it. As with the first game, a fairly well-told narrative is told in between each section of gameplay using in-game rendered cut scenes."
Welp. Got burned on this one.

The Amazing American Circus. It's running the January 2022 build, NOT the most up to date February 2022 build announced/released on Steam and even consoles. Just us on GOG are screwed, I guess.

GOGDB confirms the last update was in January. The patch notes on Steam mention:

Randomized starting troupe. - Doesn't happen in GOG version. It's always the juggler, strongman, and clown.
Stress effects. - Never noticed it.
Being able to replay 3 starred cities. - Absolutely does not work (this is what I was trying to do when I found out it was an old version).