It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

UPDATE: Now with preload and release details!

The time to dive into the fascinating, futuristic world of Night City is almost upon us. That’s why, as the clock keeps counting down to the game’s official premiere, we’ve decided to gather all the important stuff about Cyberpunk 2077 in one place.

On the 10th of December, the much-anticipated game from CD PROJEKT RED will come to life on millions of computers and consoles around the world. Set in a dystopian, sci-fi universe created by Mike Pondsmith, Cyberpunk 2077 will take us to a huge open world, soaked in neon lights and a kitsch art style. Thanks to cybernetic enhancements, its inhabitants can access the omnipresent Net almost any time they want and they can also modify their bodies in countless ways, making it a lethal weapon or simply a fashion statement.

The character creation
In Cyberpunk 2077, our hero is highly customizable. Apart from their appearance, along with details like eyes and hair color, body shape, or tattoos, we can select our character’s Lifepath from the three distinct options available. Our choice will not only affect the character’s stats and traits but also will give them a unique narrative background.

• If you choose the Nomad Lifepath, the hero will come to Night City from the polluted Badlands, where independence and resourcefulness are top qualities.
• If you decide on the Streetkid Lifepath, the main character will know more about life on Night City’s crime-infested streets.
• Finally, if your choice is the Corporate Lifepath, you’ll be skilled in the subtle art of intrigue, honed in the corridors of the Arasaka megacorporation.

After creating your own character, it’s time to explore the game’s awesome universe!

The gameplay
In contrast to previous CD PROJEKT RED games, Cyberpunk 2077 is an FPP game. This lets you immerse yourself fully in the game’s world, and makes using all the weapons provided to your character much easier, and satisfying, to use.

The arsenal V can use in Cyberpunk 2077 is huge! Revolvers, machine guns, shotguns, pistols, knives, swords – you name it! 12 corporations produce weapons distributed on Night City’s streets – from top tier arms from Arasaka, to Rostovic products that almost anyone can afford. As for types of weaponry, you can choose from power weapons, tech weapons, smart weapons (with guided ammunition), and melee weapons (along with razor-sharp katanas). In many cases, once you’ll find your favorite arms’ type, it’s up to you to customize its parameters.
Post edited December 05, 2020 by emter_pl
high rated
I admit I haven't really delved into this one (want to be totally surprised) but every time I see even small snippets or screenshots it just looks better and better.

Super excited - hope my aging computer lets me run it with at least some shinies on (I only play in 1080p so I think I should be okay).

JUST finished up Deus Ex - I'm hoping this is like that and Bloodlines had a baby and kicked it up to 11... with cars and Keanu.
low rated
Honestly at this point I'm kind of sick and tired of hearing about Cyberpunk. Maybe I'm just a contrarian asshat, but it's just been too much hype for too long for my taste.
Breja: Honestly at this point I'm kind of sick and tired of hearing about Cyberpunk. Maybe I'm just a contrarian asshat, but it's just been too much hype for too long for my taste.
The same thing happened to me. I'm afraid we won't see or hear anything for the next few weeks except Cyberpunk 2077. GOG has already overdone it with Witcher 3, and unlike Cyberpunk, I was really interested in The Witcher. I will probably not buy Cyberpunk right away, but only later, when it's complete and cheaper - without Hype Train.

---

Furthermore, I consider that Batman Arkham Series must be released on GOG. :)
To be honest, the gameplay doesn't flash me, even as someone who's been into cyberpunk and industrial for the whole life.

Guess I am just sick of open worlds and walking around in them. Hope the final game will be faster and with more interiors. Most open worlds boast about size but none have meaningful activities or rewards if it is not a looter shooter. But then, I lose interest in them as soon as all missions have been done since driving around without a goal feels like a waste of time to me.

Gameplay trailers are often slow and more cinematic on purpose so there's still hope left.
I can understand the heightened expectation, the hype in overdrive, the massive emotional edging might be tiresome and annoying for some, but I honestly, for once, believe this time the hype to be real. Haven't cared so much for a game launch since Command & Conquer was announced in PC Gamer in the early 90's.

And even IF it turns out to be almost 50% less than we thought it would be (assuming healthy and real expectations here) the game will still be fun to play with mods.

Before seeing the wire episode 4 I had zero idea that "Johnny Mnemonic" had a motorcycle-company called ARCH, and seeing the motorcycle in the futuristic style made me seriously craving for it, even though I couldn't careless about such things outside of this game :D.

As much as I love Witcher 3 I'm still not quite comfortable with the 3. person view and are really looking forward to a satisfying FPP RPG game from CDPR. Suffice to say, I believe the people of CDPR are both talented and really care about their art/work i this game!
Post edited October 19, 2020 by sanscript
Really wish I could buy and play this, but motion sickness from the first person view means I can't. It's really upsetting, after how much I loved the Witcher games :(
low rated
All of the above, plus the inhuman treatment CDP Red reserves to its employees.
"We learned out lessons, no more crunch, no more abuse". All lies, of course, they're cracking down harder than ever.
Even if what I saw made me think this was the absolute best videogame of all times, I'd still feel nauseous with the prospect of buying it and feeding the meat grinding corporate moneyameker machine the company has become.
I'm thoroughly disgusted by CDP attitude (it's mostly about Red, but Blue has its blames too, like their "stealthy" introduction of "not-DRM and totally optional" DRM), and until they get back some human decency and respect for the workforce they can keep their stuff, the hype strategy doesn't work for me. Remember: you are nothing without the nameless people with no voice that actually put work and effort into making the games your label gets glorified for.

I'm also pretty interested in seeing if this post will be thought-policed by the staff. Keep that "edit" sign in check!

TL;DR - won't buy, CDP bad because crunch and lies.
sanscript: As much as I love Witcher 3 I still isn't quite comfortable with the 3. person view and are really looking forward to a satisfying FPP RPG game from CDPR. Suffice to say, I believe the people of CDPR are both talented and really care about their art/work i this game!
That is your opinion - and of course perfectly fine. But for me, the 1st person perspective, the faceless main character and the setting are reasons to find the game less interesting than The Witcher 3.

I would have preferred The Witcher 4 (with Geralt, not Ciri) to a Cyberpunk 2077. I'd rather pay full price for a DRM-free release of the old Batman Arkham games than for a brand new Cyberpunk 2077.

You see: One's hype train is another's slow train. ;)

Furthermore, I consider that Batman Arkham Series must be released on GOG. :)
Regarding these crunch allegations, welcome to the real world. It's not inhuman, we all have to work overtime at some point. And look at gardeners or caregivers. 7 days a week is normal there, while CD Project has to work saturdays in the month before release. Oh no. You can be lucky to not have to work on weekends in the EU
Post edited October 19, 2020 by -Nachtmahr-
A very good summary. :) I’m waiting for the game. I even did a hardware upgrade to be prepared. Maybe it’s not the best time to do so, but I just had to be ready. I didn’t imagine a different scenario. :)
low rated
-Nachtmahr-: Regarding these crunch allegationa, welcome to the real world. It's not inhuman, we all have to work overtime at some point. And look at gardeners or caregivers. 7 days a week is normal there, while CD Project has to work saturdays in the month before release. Oh no. You can be lucky to not have to work on weekends in the EU
Not allegations, facts, as stated by the company itself. "We NEED crunch". Of course. Like you weren't a multimillionnaire corp. Surely needed to work people until they resemble more dirty rags than humans.

Besides, "we all have to work over time". So what? It's not like if everybody does it it suddenly becomes ok.
In some areas of the world slavery is the norm. Should I be happy to work for free just 50% of the time then? Lucky me.
Of coruse this last part was sarcastic, you get the idea. "It could be worse" is never a justification.
Post edited October 19, 2020 by Enebias
low rated
Cool, a transhumanist anthem in 2020 marketed by a shape-shifting actor and made by Crunch Party Red, sounds fun. How do you do, fellow humans?
high rated
Enebias: All of the above, plus the inhuman treatment CDP Red reserves to its employees.
1. Old news.
2. Debunked by even CDPR's own employees.

We're talking about 6 days work per week and around 48 hours per week. And, they get seriously rewarded for it (+10% annual profit), unlike EPIC's developers which have/are being abused. CDPR also chose to delay the game so that they didn't have to "abuse" the developers, unlike other companies, so yes, they did learn.

Stop this hysterical hyperbole just to make it seem worse than it really are and start think for yourself instead of further spewing false/wrong accusations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1R-64R7YJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSav7WRawfI
https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-crunch-launch-cdpr/
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-boss-defends-final-month-crunch/1100-6482764/
Post edited October 19, 2020 by sanscript
high rated
I don't know about you or if CD stated that they have to crunch for free, but overtime and crunch is rarely for free and it's illegal, at least here. We get 200% if we have to work, if not then I would agree that it is wrong. The gaming industry overall is nothing more than a mafia by now. All that matters is the stock market. That's why I prefer the era when gaming was considered nerd stuff. It was about passion back then. But yes, I see no problem as long as they receive payment. If they don't, then I'll also boycott the game
Post edited October 19, 2020 by -Nachtmahr-