It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

zeogold: Safe at last! Now I just have to figure out a manner in which to avoid the kisses of the owl. That's gonna be a tricky one, considering that owls can fly and all. And that she's got a soldier working for her. Maybe if I pushed Puzzle-Bot's "freak-out" button again...
Don't worry :-)
I only kiss gentlemen and cute ladies ;-p
Post edited February 15, 2016 by Empress_Owl
If I play every game I own for 1 day each I have enough to last 4.4 years.
Gee, when's the next sale? :-)
EndreWhiteMane: If I play every game I own for 1 day each I have enough to last 4.4 years.
If you want the really fun number crunching, consider each title as being at least 10 hours in length. Low-ball estimate there, usually only short FPS's and small independent titles have that content length.
When I calculate runtimes, I typically go with at least 15 hours a game.
EndreWhiteMane: If I play every game I own for 1 day each I have enough to last 4.4 years.
Yeah, I've got hundreds of my games in my backlog waiting to be played, and for some reason I want to play something I don't have instead. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

And today's random finds that tickled me today are this video of a crab deftly wielding a knife (as if they weren't dangerous enough), and an amusing mistake on AOL's home page:
Attachments:
image.png (395 Kb)
SCPM: and an amusing mistake on AOL's home page:
Wait...AOL still EXISTS?!
EndreWhiteMane: Anybody seen that puzzle guy? I think he swiped my Guinea Pigs.
No idea. Haven't seen him. You should ask Agent, I'm sure he knows.
Post edited February 15, 2016 by zeogold
SCPM: and an amusing mistake on AOL's home page:
zeogold: Wait...AOL still EXISTS?!
Yup. And to think, I had put all my money on CompuServe and Erol's Internet back in the day. ;-)
Post edited February 15, 2016 by SCPM
SCPM: Yeah, I've got hundreds of my games in my backlog waiting to be played, and for some reason I want to play something I don't have instead. :-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

And today's random finds that tickled me today are this video of a crab deftly wielding a knife (as if they weren't dangerous enough), and an amusing mistake on AOL's home page:
Those are great, not sure which is scarier, the crab or the plane. :-)
Played a bit of Skyrim just to keep some kind of moment in it. Using a skill trainer (whatsherface at the College of Winterhold) I went from level 39 in Destruction magic to level 90. It cost about a hundred grand in gold (leaving me at a bit over two hundred grand) but my overall level went 51 to 54, so that was totally worth it and it'll only take a week or two in-game to earn that gold back.

Do I consider that "cheesing" my way through the game? Nope. Because the magic system in Skyrim is entirely borked, if you get to too high of a level before deciding to become a mage then you'll only have access to spells that can best be described as "merely annoying" to the enemies that have popped up. To paint a clearer picture, the spells you can buy/find are tied to your skill level in specific magic schools, so say you have 30 in Destruction Magic, the strongest destruction spells you'll have access to do 25 damage. 25 damage to a level 30 bandit is equivalent to a mosquito biting an elephant.

Unlike melee/bows, you cannot improve spells in Skyrim. You can upgrade a basic iron sword that does 8 damage to do 50 if you have the Smithing skill or enchanted item but your 25 damage spell will always do 25 damage unless you dual cast it or chug a potion that temporarily increases the damage (the boosts only last up to 60 seconds). Also unlike melee/ranged weapons, you can only use magic when you have magicka, compared to melee where you can swing your sword all day even if you don't have enough stamina to do a power attack. You CAN enchant some equipment to reduce the magicka cost (even all the way to 0) but it'll take you a fairly long time to get to that level of enchanting.

So no, I don't consider it "lazy" or anything when I pay a trainer to get certain skills up to par. I mean, I'm not going to spend three minutes of my life using a novice spell like Flames for several minutes nonstop on a generic enemy until they finally get bored give up and die.

and that has been a NoNewTaleToTell essay. For all your essay needs be sure to look for the username NoNewTaleToTell, All Essays All The Time.
NoNewTaleToTell:
I wouldn't sweat it. What you said is 100 percent true. Playing a straight mage is a good way to get pissed off real quick, since the system sucks so much compared to everything else.
Hello thread!
Did I miss anything? :)

Was sick so I cancelled my plans.
Made it to work today so I guess the virus is losing the battle.
Managed to play some xcom in bed, lovely game.
superstande: Hello thread!

Hi.
Nah, just me hogging attention is all.

Sorry to hear about that bug you've got. Hope you improve!
zeogold: Hi.

Good... morning! (Or evening?) ;)

And thank you... The spring is coming and all the evil bugs shall be vanquished! :)
zeogold: Hi.

superstande: Good... morning! (Or evening?) ;)

And thank you... The spring is coming and all the evil bugs shall be vanquished! :)
It's currently 11 PM over here in lovely California.

Ironically, spring is usually the season I catch all my illnesses.
And when the bugs come out. You need a hammer for some of these cockroaches.
*Monday hugs and waves*

superstande: ...
Hope you get better quick!
*good morning hugs for anyone who wants them*

superstande: Hello thread!

Sounds like you're slowly getting better. I'm glad to hear.