It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ddickinson: I know how that is, I have done that to myself a few times over the last few months. It is hard sometimes to not push ourselves when we have things we would like to do. Hopefully you will start to fell much better soon, especially with all your important things that need doing. Shall I untie Agent and let him come burn things to see if that helps? :-)

Thank you. I think it should be, which should not be hard given last year.

*bigger hug*
Yep, definitely. I've tried to delay things as much as possible but I've reached the point where I have to pick them up again or really fall too far behind. :| Haha, if he can burn all my responsibilities to the ground it might be nice. And my flu. :P

*all the hugs*

AgentBirdnest: Well, at least it gives me a really good occasion to wear the mitts and hat. I'll take any reason I can get, because they are too comfortable, and lovely as pluck :-)

So... 2nd nose surgery because the first one failed, during an already super-busy time, then you get the flu while trying to recover. And while having the flu, the heating breaks? :-| We need a badge for you...
Haha, definitely a good excuse to get them out. ;)

Put that way it really does sound bad ... I like the badge though, it looks cool. :P
ddickinson:
It'd be nice if it could just be considered a loss, then moved on from. But I'm thinking that Gearbox will be trotting out more embarrassing games for a while to make up for the cost in acquiring the license.

No, even the third game's main character, nameless space marine with no personality though they were, had a visible face. Bethesda's gone full generic nothing character on this one.

Would agree there. People have to cope with a distorted, ultimately corrupt and broken system that cares not one single bit for their health, well-being or sanity.
ddickinson: Pssst. It is called Sod's Law. Silly Americans using silly names. Who the hell is Murphy anyway? The guy from Robocop? :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sod%27s_law
ô__ô I didn't know! But I do know that the guy who played Murphy ended up as an Ancient History professor at a university :-)

Speaking of silly names... It cracks me up when I hire an alien named "Debbie" in FTL (this just happened.) I'd have thought something like Glorznak would be more fitting, but I guess Debbie isn't bad :-)
FearfulSymmetry: Ow. I really broke myself today. :| My sort-of ill is now full-blown miserable. *hides under blanket*
-tosses in some hot water bottles and passes some chicken soup along, since I don't have the engineering skill to devise some sort of sinus siphon to clear the crap out of your head-
FearfulSymmetry: Yep, definitely. I've tried to delay things as much as possible but I've reached the point where I have to pick them up again or really fall too far behind. :| Haha, if he can burn all my responsibilities to the ground it might be nice. And my flu. :P

*all the hugs*
Well if you ever need to talk or vent you know where we are, either on here or via chat.

So is that a go ahead for Agent to try to burn everything in case it helps? :-)

*extra hugs I found under a cushion since Fearful already gave all the regular hugs*

CarrionCrow: It'd be nice if it could just be considered a loss, then moved on from. But I'm thinking that Gearbox will be trotting out more embarrassing games for a while to make up for the cost in acquiring the license.

No, even the third game's main character, nameless space marine with no personality though they were, had a visible face. Bethesda's gone full generic nothing character on this one.

Would agree there. People have to cope with a distorted, ultimately corrupt and broken system that cares not one single bit for their health, well-being or sanity.
I think all the big companies seem to be doing that. Wasn't it Gearbox who lied about their Alien game and used pre-rendered scenes and claimed it was gameplay? Strange really, over here in the UK that would be illegal due to false advertising and mis-representation of goods.

I was thinking more of the armour type. The original game just looked like a human in a uniform, this new one looks like some deformed monster.

Yes, and sadly not something that will be changing anytime soon considering the new laws and things that keep getting passed to ensure more power for those up top.

AgentBirdnest: ô__ô I didn't know! But I do know that the guy who played Murphy ended up as an Ancient History professor at a university :-)

Speaking of silly names... It cracks me up when I hire an alien named "Debbie" in FTL (this just happened.) I'd have thought something like Glorznak would be more fitting, but I guess Debbie isn't bad :-)
Did he really, I never knew that.

You didn't know that Debbie was a popular alien name? It is up there with Justin and Miley. Although those two names usually go to really horrible aliens. ;-)
Post edited February 09, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: Did he really, I never knew that.

You didn't know that Debbie was a popular alien name? It is up there with Justin and Miley. Although those two names usually go to really horrible aliens. ;-)
Yeah. I just looked him up to make sure. He just got a doctorate in art history as well, 2 years ago... Heh. Robocop. :-)

Ho yeah, only the nastiest aliens have those names >:-\ ... I guess Justin really is an alien, since he is Canadian :-p
I'm quite quite sure that Miley actually is a space lizard... It all makes sense now :-o
Post edited February 09, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
I will be saying goodbye for the evening. I hope you all have a really lovely day. Take care!

*hugs and waves*

AgentBirdnest: Yeah. I just looked him up to make sure. He just got a doctorate in art history as well, 2 years ago... Heh. Robocop. :-)

Ho yeah, only the nastiest aliens have those names >:-\ ... I guess Justin really is an alien, since he is Canadian :-p
I'm quite quite sure that Miley actually is a space lizard... It all makes sense now :-o
I never knew cyborgs could go to university. :-)

I saw a clip of the Canadian alien and I honestly thought it was Miley the space lizard. I don't know if I am just not up to speed with current TV and "musicians", or if he looks like a woman or her like a boy. :-)
Post edited February 09, 2016 by ddickinson
ddickinson: I saw a clip of the Canadian alien and I honestly thought it was Miley the space lizard. I don't know if I am just not up to speed with current TV and "musicians", or if he looks like a woman or her like a boy. :-)
It is not just you. They really do look like opposite genders :-D Quite interesting...

Have a good evening, DD! See you later!
*big hug*

(I'm actually logging off for a while as well. See everyone later! *hugs and waves all around*)
ddickinson:
Yes, it was. I saw a full Let's Play of that game and it was a bad joke.

Yeah, the armor thing in general is new for Doom. Course, it's already been done to death by other games. You'd think that they'd put more into the marketing side, especially with the new game looking like it's a high-speed combo of melee and shooting. What they're putting out conveys none of that.

No surprise there. The ones with the most want to keep it that way, and have the combination of money and power to perpetuate it.

Good talking with you, have a pleasant evening. =)
Post edited February 09, 2016 by CarrionCrow
Hey, you! That's right, YOU!
The next time you see our unstoppable ninja Moon, please obliterate her with several hundred thousand +1's for me :-)
AgentBirdnest: Hey, you! That's right, YOU!
The next time you see our unstoppable ninja Moon, please obliterate her with several hundred thousand +1's for me :-)
Will do, sir! Why?
AgentBirdnest: Hey, you! That's right, YOU!
Dessimu: Will do, sir! Why?
For ninja-gifting me a copy of Men of Valor :-)
AgentBirdnest: For ninja-gifting me a copy of Men of Valor :-)
Amazing! I already feel a great deal of respect for Moon. Though it was fun when I stumbled to "YOU! YES, YOU!"
Just dropped here for a quick greeting! :)

Plus, for the Origin users, NFS Most Wanted (2012) is free for everybody! :) I snagged it and I'm so happy as it was a game that I wanted for a long time now.
Good night Freddites.

Seems I have a knack for arriving whenever Fred's asleep.

I just spent 40 minutes hunting down a sneaky semicolon.
Post edited February 10, 2016 by j0ekerr