It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: Bah, I'm surviving. I'm starting to feel bad talking about it all the time, but people keep asking me, so... :-p

Yeah, I could have sworn I was giving you a blanket and soup just a couple of months ago. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend. I don't want to have to give you any more blankets!! >:-p (Hihihi, that sounds so mean...)

Yes... the atmosphere just works for me. From the art style, to the music, to the street slang. Even little things like the character's names. And the way that the dialog narration is written is quite good. It really gets me immersed in the world.
Haha, definitely don't feel bad about it. Talking about things like that is absolutely fine. We all just like to keep up on each other's health, I think. :)

Haha, yes. :P Let's abolish this tradition right now! Go away flu, you're not wanted!

I agree, I really enjoy these games. I only found out about them after the director's cut for Dragonfall was released, but I enjoyed the first two games so much I did immediately back the Hong Kong kickstarter. I felt like Harebrained Schemes had earned my trust on this one. :P
CarrionCrow: Very true. Good outlook to have on things. =)

You're very welcome. Trying to get work done while you're feeling badly on more than one level can't be much fun.

Are tasers legal for personal use in the Netherlands? Not saying you should zap students outright, but it might be useful just in case...;)

I have been "playing" Duke Nukem Forever. I put playing in air quotes since "playing" it certainly doesn't feel playful, it damn sure isn't fun and I just want it to end. Think I have about two and a half levels and that reeking example of why some things shouldn't be resurrected will be done. (Aside from the DLC, because I am an idiot and actually purchased it.)

Beyond that, I've got over 15 percent of my library loaded up, figure I'll pick out something that's actually good.
Yep. I'm still finding it super hard to concentrate on work/school related things, so every piece of homework and such is taking three times as long as it normally does. Guess that still has to do with the recovery.

I'm not sure actually. *googles* Uh, Google seems to say it's not allowed and that there's a reasonably hefty fine on carrying one. I admit I only know of police carrying them here in the Netherlands. Either way, doing something like that would probably not make my examiners happy, appealing as the idea might be. ;)

Auch, good luck with that one. Can't say it's a game that ever really appealed to me, and judging by this I think I'll stay away from it. :P And yep, might be a good idea to play something fun every once in a while. Give your nerves a break and such. :)
Post edited February 08, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
*tired hugs and waves*
FearfulSymmetry: Haha, definitely don't feel bad about it. Talking about things like that is absolutely fine. We all just like to keep up on each other's health, I think. :)

Haha, yes. :P Let's abolish this tradition right now! Go away flu, you're not wanted!

I agree, I really enjoy these games. I only found out about them after the director's cut for Dragonfall was released, but I enjoyed the first two games so much I did immediately back the Hong Kong kickstarter. I felt like Harebrained Schemes had earned my trust on this one. :P
I never mind when others here talk about health or other problems. In fact, I'm glad they do if it is helpful for them to talk about it, and I appreciate that I feel trusted enough to know about it. And nobody has told me to shut the hell up yet, so... I guess moderation is the key, as with anything :-)

*grabs ceremonial matches and burns the flu tradition to the ground* :-p

I think I first learned of the games from seeing you and Crow talk about them here. Decided to give it a try, and, well... Now I'm hooked.
I love games :-)
moonshineshadow: *tired hugs and waves*
*big congratulatory hug* (92,000) :-)
Post edited February 08, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
FearfulSymmetry: Yep. I'm still finding it super hard to concentrate on work/school related things, so every piece of homework and such is taking three times as long as it normally does. Guess that still has to do with the recovery.

I'm not sure actually. *googles* Uh, Google seems to say it's not allowed and that there's a reasonably hefty fine on carrying one. I admit I only know of police carrying them here in the Netherlands. Either way, doing something like that would probably not make my examiners happy, appealing as the idea might be. ;)

Auch, good luck with that one. Can't say it's a game that ever really appealed to me, and judging by this I think I'll stay away from it. :P And yep, might be a good idea to play something fun every once in a while. Give your nerves a break and such. :)
That sounds just slightly maddening, especially with all the stuff you have to get done.

Okay...never mind in that case. Really don't want to see you posting from jail, saying "Thank you so much for that piece of advice, Crow!"

Yeah, it's not good. At all. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone aside from masochists and those who feel the need to complete the entirety of a series whenever possible.

Sad thing, though? It's one that I'd like to see on GOG. It has historical significance due to the story around it, the way it encapsulates the failure of not only the original studio, but the sheer psychosis of the company that found it worth preserving, as though there wasn't enough shit in the world to begin with.
-silly waves back with a big glass of milk- =)
Post edited February 08, 2016 by CarrionCrow
AgentBirdnest: *big congratulatory hug* (92,000) :-)
Oh I did not even realise that :-)
*thank you hug*

CarrionCrow: -silly waves back with a big glass of milk- =)
Oh nice :D
moonshineshadow: Oh nice :D
Yes, even I will acknowledge that some people don't need brain-shaking amounts of stimulants to function. ;P
*thread resurrecting hugs and waves*

I hope everyone is having a pleasant evenoon :-)
AgentBirdnest: *thread resurrecting hugs and waves*

I hope everyone is having a pleasant evenoon :-)
Damn, you beat me to it. :-)

I did have a very pleasant evening, thank you. I hope you have been having a lovely day?

*big hug*
ddickinson: Damn, you beat me to it. :-)

I did have a very pleasant evening, thank you. I hope you have been having a lovely day?

*big hug*
I win for once :-D

Very glad to hear that, and yeah, mine has been fairly lovely. Just spent a couple hours running the shadows. I'm enjoying Dragonfall just as much as Shadowrun Returns so far.

*big return hug*
AgentBirdnest: I win for once :-D

Very glad to hear that, and yeah, mine has been fairly lovely. Just spent a couple hours running the shadows. I'm enjoying Dragonfall just as much as Shadowrun Returns so far.

*big return hug*
Yay! *passes Agent his first place medal*

That is good to hear. I have those two still to play, depending on if I like them I will pickup the King Kong game as well. Are they long games?

*bigger big hug*
ddickinson: Yay! *passes Agent his first place medal*

That is good to hear. I have those two still to play, depending on if I like them I will pickup the King Kong game as well. Are they long games?

*bigger big hug*
*adds medal to my sash* B-)

The first one felt a bit short to me. About 12 hours. According to howlongtobeat, the other two games are about 20 hours each.

*epic as pluck hug*
AgentBirdnest: *adds medal to my sash* B-)

The first one felt a bit short to me. About 12 hours. According to howlongtobeat, the other two games are about 20 hours each.

*epic as pluck hug*
That does not sound too bad. What is the save system life, can you save anytime, or is it checkpoints?

*rolls nerd die... uses my +1 hug on Agent's epic as pluck hug, making it epic as pluck hug+1* :-)
ddickinson: That does not sound too bad. What is the save system life, can you save anytime, or is it checkpoints?

*rolls nerd die... uses my +1 hug on Agent's epic as pluck hug, making it epic as pluck hug+1* :-)
It autosaves at the beginning of each area. Plus you can save and quicksave, but I don't think it works during combat.

So what is the longest game you have played? :-)

*doesn't have any dice, gives standard nerdy hug instead*
AgentBirdnest: It autosaves at the beginning of each area. Plus you can save and quicksave, but I don't think it works during combat.

So what is the longest game you have played? :-)

*doesn't have any dice, gives standard nerdy hug instead*
How long would you say each area is? I am only curious as at the moment I can't really play too much, and what I do is in short doses, so if I start a new game it is better if I can play it in short goes.

I don't know. The Final Fantasy games on the PSOne perhaps? Or a RTS game perhaps, those can take a lot of times. Are we talking time played on a game, or time to beat the games single-player campaign?

*big nerd hug*
ddickinson: How long would you say each area is? I am only curious as at the moment I can't really play too much, and what I do is in short doses, so if I start a new game it is better if I can play it in short goes.

I don't know. The Final Fantasy games on the PSOne perhaps? Or a RTS game perhaps, those can take a lot of times. Are we talking time played on a game, or time to beat the games single-player campaign?

*big nerd hug*
Hm... I dunno. I'd say the combat sections are around 10-15 minutes on average? Maybe someone else can confirm. I'm awful at telling the time :-p The in-between "exploration" areas usually take a bit more time, but you can save anytime during those.

Both. 1) The longest for a single playthrough of a singleplayer campaign, and 2) The most time you have spent on a game including replays, multiplayer mod, skirmishes, etc. :-)
For me, 1) would be Fallout: New Vegas. One playthrough (including the DLC) took about 150 hours for me. 2) Would probably be Deus Ex, which I estimate that I've played about a thousand hours since 2003 :-p
Post edited February 09, 2016 by AgentBirdnest