It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

toxicTom: Yeah, those were the levels I couldn't beat. Every time I went to hunt for resources that $important_guy was kidnapped. One of the few games I actually rage-quit-deleted. :-)
Heh... yeah, very understandable :-) Plus, those levels were looooong, and there is no save feature.
Vnlr: Agent, EIT, I find you guilty of continuous mention of the C&C 4 game ... don't you know what "Damnatio Memoriae" means?
[...]
I do not think too much of the C&C games anymore though, my RTS interests lie elsewhere these days :)
*Oogling "Domino Memorial"* ...

So where exactly do your RTS interest lie now?
toxicTom: Yeah, those were the levels I couldn't beat. Every time I went to hunt for resources that $important_guy was kidnapped. One of the few games I actually rage-quit-deleted. :-)
AgentBirdnest: Heh... yeah, very understandable :-) Plus, those levels were looooong, and there is no save feature.
That's the reason why I don't even dare to give the game another try. Long time between saves is just not compatible to my life any more. It's also one reason why I can't play flight simulators nowadays (the other one being the amount of learning necessary).
Vnlr: Agent, EIT, I find you guilty of continuous mention of the C&C 4 game ... don't you know what "Damnatio Memoriae" means?

*waffle with the giant rubbery chicken-shaped morningstar* (*selling somebody a waffle = slapping somebody)

I played it for an hour or two, and gave up then ... I bought it for 2 euri during a sale luckily.

Tiberian sun is my personal favourite, but Yuri's revenge was great too ...

I do not think too much of the C&C games anymore though, my RTS interests lie elsewhere these days :)
Sorry :)
Yep. Gameplay-wise Red Alert 2 and thus Yuri's Revenge were really good but the story was way weaker compared to the earlier C&C games...
[...]
AgentBirdnest: *Oogling "Domino Memorial"* ...

So where exactly do your RTS interest lie now?
"Damnatio Memoria" means roughly, to be condemned from memory, or something like: to be erased from history or collective memory for his crimes, or to be punished by being forgotten after his death, without any mention in the historical reccords.

Mostly stuff like Wargame, Kohan, Sudden strike, Myth, Empire Earth, Rise of Legends, Cossacks, seven kingdoms; and a few others.

edit:
Speaking of empire earth ... It's about time I played a game after these 4 deprived weeks ...

I'm off for a bit of empire earth! :D
Post edited January 31, 2016 by Vnlr
Good morning/afternoon, everyone. =)

-waves while cursing at the coffee pot for being way too slow-
ElTerprise: Actually never heard of Uprising before...
Received pretty stellar reviews when it came out, but didn't sell well. It still got a sequel which was also praised by the reviewers and the handful of people who actually played (iirc).
Vnlr: Mostly stuff like Wargame, Kohan, Sudden strike, Myth, Empire Earth, Rise of Legends, Cossacks, seven kingdoms; and a few others.
Really good selection :)
A shame that we still lack most of them here. Never played Kohan and Myth though but i'd love to....but at least Myth doesn't seem to be available digitally...
*yeah for my hard disk with the OS dying on me -.-*
CarrionCrow: Good morning/afternoon, everyone. =)

Good morning, Mr Crow!

*big caffeinated hug*

moonshineshadow: *yeah for my hard disk with the OS dying on me -.-*
Damn hard drive. Do you want me to ask Agent to burn it for you? :-)

But on a serious note, I am sorry to hear that. Will you be able to backup your data before it dies?

*big comforting hug*
toxicTom: Received pretty stellar reviews when it came out, but didn't sell well. It still got a sequel which was also praised by the reviewers and the handful of people who actually played (iirc).
Well that's a shame. Because it looks interesting. But that probably explain why there aren't any Action-RTS anymore not to mention that the RTS-genre is not necessarily one of the most popular genres nowadays....

Hello Crow :)
Coffee pots are always too damn slow ;)

How are you?
Oh that's bad. Sorry to hear that *big hug*
Post edited January 31, 2016 by ElTerprise
ddickinson: Damn hard drive. Do you want me to ask Agent to burn it for you? :-)
But on a serious note, I am sorry to hear that. Will you be able to backup your data before it dies?
*big comforting hug*
It is already dead. It is not that much of a problem. I have all data on a second hard disk, so nothing important is lost. But it is *** annoying... just spent the last hour installing the OS on the second disk... and now I need to update again everything... meh
*big return hug*
0_o

I hope at least you data is safe?

*big hugs*

ElTerprise: Really good selection :)
A shame that we still lack most of them here. Never played Kohan and Myth though but i'd love to....but at least Myth doesn't seem to be available digitally...
Myth is frustratingly hard, and that's not just the RTS-inept me saying that :-)

*welcome hugs*
moonshineshadow: It is already dead. It is not that much of a problem. I have all data on a second hard disk, so nothing important is lost. But it is *** annoying... just spent the last hour installing the OS on the second disk... and now I need to update again everything... meh
*big return hug*
Ok, question answered.
Post edited January 31, 2016 by toxicTom
moonshineshadow: It is already dead. It is not that much of a problem. I have all data on a second hard disk, so nothing important is lost. But it is *** annoying... just spent the last hour installing the OS on the second disk... and now I need to update again everything... meh
*big return hug*
That is good to hear that you did not lose anything. But it is annoying that you have to reinstall everything. But at least now it is dead Agent can burn it down for you. :-)

*big hug with a cuddly panda teddy to cheer you up*