It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

CarrionCrow: I feel bad for the people in Germany who have worse service. It took years and years for the local company to upgrade their service all the way out here. Before that, you'd be doing well to run something like Netflix without things starting to lag out.
Well blame our ISPs and the federal government because they always promised grid expansions but i haven't seen that much progress. Granted it used to be way worse some years ago but according to my relatives it's still not really good.
EndreWhiteMane:
Have a good nap, you big mic dropper. -laughs- =)
Yezemin: Hello there! *tired waves*

Just poking my head in. I only just got home from work and I think I'll be off to bed rather sooner than later. I can barely keep my eyes open.
Good evening. =)

Sounds like you've had a long day. Certainly nothing wrong with resting after one of those.
ElTerprise: Well blame our ISPs and the federal government because they always promised grid expansions but i haven't seen that much progress. Granted it used to be way worse some years ago but according to my relatives it's still not really good.
That sounds familiar. Fortunately, the only company here has decided to step up their infrastructure. But even with that, there are places more remote than here. Not holding my breath on when they'll get decent service.
Post edited January 27, 2016 by CarrionCrow
EndreWhiteMane: Two. One to change the light bulb, and the apologist to say "at that time, we don't know why the word "bulb" was given. Clearly, the bulb could have been a candle, or a matchstick, or a flash of lightning ...yet, bulb was used for our present day understanding."
That one in particular cracked me up ^^
Thanks. That gave me some nice laughs :-D
See you later Endre. Sleep well!
Yezemin: You poor thing. I really hope this gets better soon. *hang in there hug*
Eeeeek... Hug overdose @__@
*very big thank you hug*
Have a good evenight, and sleep well whenever you do, Yez.
Post edited January 27, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
CarrionCrow: That sounds familiar. Fortunately, the only company here has decided to step up their infrastructure. But even with that, there are places more remote than here. Not holding my breath on when they'll get decent service.
It's really embarrassing for highly industrialised nations that they're not able to keep their infrastructure up-to-date.
ElTerprise: It's really embarrassing for highly industrialised nations that they're not able to keep their infrastructure up-to-date.
Well... One could say that essential infrastructure should be in the state's hand, and frankly, I agree with that. The problem is that state owned businesses can be terribly inefficient and slow (thinking of Deutsche Post...*shudder*).
On the other hand, leaving things like this to private companies leads to "squeezing the money". Costly infrastructure investments are not made, service suffers (costs money...)... The German power grid is a good example. For decades they have showered their shareholder with literally billions, but now that the infrastructure is ramshackle and would need lots of money to fix they all file for "we're going bankrupt if we have to pay for it".
I would like to know how the Scandinavian countries are handling this, esp. the communications sector. Fibre to the home is very common, for very reasonable prices even in more remote areas - who pays for this? In Germany the situation is OK in densely populated areas - because that's where the money is for the telcos. In rural areas it's still pretty bad. And the prices are ridiculous compared to other industrial countries. Two years ago an acquaintance of mine had 100 MBit fibre (up and down!) - for ~14€ - in Tokyo. I have 16/2 (MBit, down/up) for 35€ (Ok, I really should look for better offers).
When it comes to mobile internet many North-African countries are a lot better than Germany. That's party because radio towers are easily guarded while wires are easily stolen and so they were forced to go mobile but still...
Oh my ... i totally forgot how abysmal the helicopter controls in GTA IV were o.O....

toxicTom: Well... One could say that essential infrastructure should be in the state's hand, and frankly, I agree with that. The problem is that state owned businesses can be terribly inefficient and slow (thinking of Deutsche Post...*shudder*).
On the other hand, leaving things like this to private companies leads to "squeezing the money". Costly infrastructure investments are not made, service suffers (costs money...)... The German power grid is a good example. For decades they have showered their shareholder with literally billions, but now that the infrastructure is ramshackle and would need lots of money to fix they all file for "we're going bankrupt if we have to pay for it".
I would like to know how the Scandinavian countries are handling this, esp. the communications sector. Fibre to the home is very common, for very reasonable prices even in more remote areas - who pays for this? In Germany the situation is OK in densely populated areas - because that's where the money is for the telcos. In rural areas it's still pretty bad. And the prices are ridiculous compared to other industrial countries. Two years ago an acquaintance of mine had 100 MBit fibre (up and down!) - for ~14€ - in Tokyo. I have 16/2 (MBit, down/up) for 35€ (Ok, I really should look for better offers).
When it comes to mobile internet many North-African countries are a lot better than Germany. That's party because radio towers are easily guarded while wires are easily stolen and so they were forced to go mobile but still...
I absolutely agree with you on that one.
Yep would be interested in that as well but if i had to guess i's day it might subsidised by the state in some way. They are paying the high taxes for some reason in Scandinavia...

Exactly. It's pretty good for me - i'm not complaining about my situation but as i mentioned earlier my relatives and some friends have way worse internet. It's the same in Eastern Europe. And honestly that even some African countries have better mobile internet doesn't surprise me at all...
Post edited January 27, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Oh my ... i totally forgot how abysmal the helicopter controls in GTA IV were o.O....
Worse than the remote-controlled helicopter in Vice City? That thing kicked my ass.
Nap accomplished, tough work but somebody has to do it. ;-)
AgentBirdnest: Worse than the remote-controlled helicopter in Vice City? That thing kicked my ass.
Not that bad....i guess that one had the worst helicopter controls ever...it drove me crazy....and the best thing they don't get it right. The controls in GTA V (granted on a PS3) are still bad....

EndreWhiteMane: Nap accomplished, tough work but somebody has to do it. ;-)
Well done ;)
Feeling better now?

Edit: 3 to go :)
Post edited January 28, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Well done ;)
Feeling better now?

Edit: 3 to go :)
A little bit yes, thanks.
Glad we can count on you! I just don't have the energy or motivation to do it ;-)
90000 :D
EndreWhiteMane: A little bit yes, thanks.
Good to hear - at least the hard work was worth it ;)

Just noticed that Hard Reset Redux is apparently coming to GOG, at least according to their announcement trailer. That's good news. Always wondered why that game was missing here ...
Post edited January 28, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Not that bad....i guess that one had the worst helicopter controls ever...it drove me crazy....and the best thing they don't get it right. The controls in GTA V (granted on a PS3) are still bad....
I remember hoping that first-person controls would be a little easier with a mouse and keyboard instead of a Dualshock for Vice City. I was very, very badly mistaken :-p
Seemed like they could never get the controls right outside of driving.
ElTerprise: 90000 :D
Congrats \o/
This calls for a celebratory burning!! >:-)
Post edited January 28, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
Think I'm going to nap vicariously through you doing it.
AgentBirdnest: I remember hoping that first-person controls would be a little easier with a mouse and keyboard instead of a Dualshock for Vice City. I was very, very badly mistaken :-p
Seemed like they could never get the controls right outside of driving.
Congrats \o/
This calls for a celebratory burning!! >:-)
Yes. Me too. Played that mission on a PS2 and on PC....oh boy....as much as i like Vice City that mission was infuriating...
Seems so although in GTA IV even the cars are bit floaty....but on the other hand i guess GTA IV is the most realistic one in terms of movement and handling....

Yay..... *puts on sunglasses* :D