It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good Gog...six update flags....

Yezemin: Hello thread! *waves*

I've been away for a while, but it's been very stressful at work lately (and I'm not exactly the most talkative person to begin with either).
Hey. Nice to see you. How are you doing? Are you at least having a restful weekend?

superstande: Sure, humorous approach is often a good choice :)
Definitely. I also like the sarcastic or cynical approach but that could be subsumed under humour as well ;)
How are you btw?
Post edited January 16, 2016 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Hey. Nice to see you. How are you doing? Are you at least having a restful weekend?
I'm doing fine. Thank you. :)

I've been lounging on the couch all day being lazy. And I intend to continue doing this all day tomorrow.
Yezemin: I'm doing fine. Thank you. :)

I've been lounging on the couch all day being lazy. And I intend to continue doing this all day tomorrow.
Glad to hear that. :)

That sounds great - a fantastic plan for the weekend :)
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Really really fun! I got it full price when it got released on Xbox 360! :) You need it in your library mate! :) You will love it. The best 20 Euros I put for the original game and the MMO and GOAT Z pack when they got released on console.

I enjoyed it, but I can't say if you do! If yo aren't sure, just got to the steam page and read the description of it and you will see how much the developers are proud of it :) even read the forum and the reviews.
I took a closer look... Don't think it's for me. I liked the developer's other game, Sanctum, which combined things that I liked and gave me a dozen hours of some decently engaging and challenging gameplay. I don't see anything about Goat Simulator's gameplay that would appeal to me. I do appreciate the developer's honesty though:
Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat.
:-)
I won't lie though, I do have a breaking point when it comes to my morbid curiosity. My breaking point is usually $2. This is a close one :-p
ElTerprise: Good Gog...six update flags....
^^
Only one for me. The 7th Guest.
Post edited January 16, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
XxXSprayvWarXxX: Really really fun! I got it full price when it got released on Xbox 360! :) You need it in your library mate! :) You will love it. The best 20 Euros I put for the original game and the MMO and GOAT Z pack when they got released on console.

I enjoyed it, but I can't say if you do! If yo aren't sure, just got to the steam page and read the description of it and you will see how much the developers are proud of it :) even read the forum and the reviews.
AgentBirdnest: I took a closer look... Don't think it's for me. I liked the developer's other game, Sanctum, which combined things that I liked and gave me a dozen hours of some decently engaging and challenging gameplay. I don't see anything about Goat Simulator's gameplay that would appeal to me. I do appreciate the developer's honesty though:

Goat Simulator is a completely stupid game and, to be honest, you should probably spend your money on something else, such as a hula hoop, a pile of bricks, or maybe pool your money together with your friends and buy a real goat.
AgentBirdnest: :-)
I won't lie though, I do have a breaking point when it comes to my morbid curiosity. My breaking point is usually $2. This is a close one :-p
ElTerprise: Good Gog...six update flags....
AgentBirdnest: ^^
Only one for me. The 7th Guest.
Oh well it's 2 bucks and if you have the payment option it is well worth it, if it doesn't appeal to you, let it be on your library.
j0ekerr: Reasonably so. I'm off now though, Have to prepare for a kinda-like-sociology-but-not-quite test.
Btw, I've decided to lose my BoH virginity with Dungeon World. Looks like a moderately complex system without absudly high initial character investment. Exactly what I want for a couple of noobs.

Or I could throw them to be eaten by a Great Old One.

Anything you might be able to tell me about the other 4 books?
Good call. It seems like a decent system.

Not really...
I'd be interested in the other bundle because it has Spycraft and Demon, but it looks good enough overall to grab it.
The flying missions in Gat Out Of Hell keep reminding me of the AR training missions in Arkham City.
The AR missions in Arkham City are the worst parts of that entire game.
CarrionCrow: The flying missions in Gat Out Of Hell keep reminding me of the AR training missions in Arkham City.
The AR missions in Arkham City are the worst parts of that entire game.
Oh crap. I hated those missions. Doesn't sound very promising then....

Oh and good evening everyone :)
ElTerprise: Oh crap. I hated those missions. Doesn't sound very promising then....

Oh and good evening everyone :)
I think there are something like a dozen flying-related missions in Gat Out of Hell. At least there were only four or five at most in Arkham City.

But at least it's not me fighting the controls like I was with Prototype.
CarrionCrow: I think there are something like a dozen flying-related missions in Gat Out of Hell. At least there were only four or five at most in Arkham City.

But at least it's not me fighting the controls like I was with Prototype.
Oh no....i'd actually like to play Gat out of Hell at some point - it's the only SR available on the PC i haven't played yet.....
Not that other SR also had some frustrating elements in it but i really hated those AR missions and their bad control scheme for them in Arkham City and Arkham Origins - maybe that's why my favourite Arkham game is still Arkham Asylum (not taking the Scarecrow missions into account - that would be unfair for City and Origins ^^)

Yep having to fight controls is definitely worse....
Post edited January 17, 2016 by ElTerprise
I'm never going to watch a Goodtimes movies ever again.
For those not in the know,Goodtimes Entertainment was a notorious mockbuster animation company that made a name for itself on the 90's and I remember CN broadcasting their movies to fill out the scheadule.
ElTerprise: Oh no....i'd actually like to play Gat out of Hell at some point - it's the only SR available on the PC i haven't played yet.....
Not that other SR also had some frustrating elements in it but i really hated those AR missions and their bad control scheme for them in Arkham City and Arkham Origins - maybe that's why my favourite Arkham game is still Arkham Asylum (not taking the Scarecrow missions into account - that would be unfair for City and Origins ^^)

Yep having to fight controls is definitely worse....
Trying to get all of them out of the way as quickly as I can. (When I'm not getting distracted by the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of collectibles...)

Saints Row 4 definitely has its moments, usually when it comes to the rifts and the later stages of mind over murder. Fucking infuriating at some points.

Asylum has a much more focused area and story. City's good if you feel like screwing around for hours on end, but it definitely lacks the focus of the original.

Prototype is very good at making the player do exactly that. With the later movement-related side quests/missions/whatever you want to call them, you spend as much time if not more wrestling with the camera and controls as you do actually trying to get through them on time.
Random curiosity... Have your favourite game genres changed over time, or remained mostly the same? Any genre that you hated, but now love (or vice-versa)?

Also, *tips my evenoon helmet* (which is the same one as my mornoon helmet :-p)
CarrionCrow: Trying to get all of them out of the way as quickly as I can. (When I'm not getting distracted by the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of collectibles...)

Saints Row 4 definitely has its moments, usually when it comes to the rifts and the later stages of mind over murder. Fucking infuriating at some points.

Asylum has a much more focused area and story. City's good if you feel like screwing around for hours on end, but it definitely lacks the focus of the original.

Prototype is very good at making the player do exactly that. With the later movement-related side quests/missions/whatever you want to call them, you spend as much time if not more wrestling with the camera and controls as you do actually trying to get through them on time.
Understandable. Did the same with the AR missions and with some side activities in other SR games.
Oh i remember those. As much as i like the Saints Row games - some of their side missions were really unbalanced....

Yep. And that's really beneficial. City might have had the better and more fluid combat system but Asylum was definitely more focused. Someone described Asylum as some kind of 3D-Metroidvania - i don't think that this is generally a wrong assessment...to some degree..
Well both City and Origins had those problems - especially because the city felt empty and many of the side quests and collectible searches were really tedious...

O.o....seems like they forgot about QA and playtesting before release.....
AgentBirdnest: Random curiosity... Have your favourite game genres changed over time, or remained mostly the same? Any genre that you hated, but now love (or vice-versa)?

Also, *tips my evenoon helmet* (which is the same one as my mornoon helmet :-p)
Hey Agent *big hug*
Good question actually. Well i never really liked FPS's and platformers that much when i was younger and i'm perfectly fine with both now - desptie being somewhat bad in platformers ^^

Have to think to think more about it before i can give you a more detailled and elaborate answer :)
Post edited January 17, 2016 by ElTerprise
Time for to go to bed now.
G'night peeps and have a nice weekend and remember,winners don't do drugs.