It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ElTerprise: Hey *big hug*
Oh sorry to hear that. That's really unfortunate. And having to wait for the next surgery is even worse. :(
Hopefully the other surgery will be effective :)
Hi, how are you? :) *hug*

Yeah, not too happy about it, and not thrilled about the fact that I have to wait so long either ... But I'll just have to make do. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next one indeed.

AgentBirdnest: o__o ... -__- ... o__o
Sounds about par for you... Good gog... is it really a good idea to leave our Empress in your unlucky hands? ;-p
Seriously, very sorry to hear it. *big comfort hug* Hopefully you have better luck and less thrashing with the next one :-|
Yeah, my initial reaction was: 'why am I not even surprised about this?' Haha, let's hope she'll be really lucky, and then her good luck will cancel out my bad luck. ;)

Thanks. I'll be put under general anesthesia for the next one, so there should be no fainting. Unless it's after I wake up again. :P
FearfulSymmetry: Hi all, how's it going?

I went to the hospital earlier this week to evaluate the results of the surgery on my nose I had a while back, and as it turned out, the surgery has had no effect whatsoever. Things are back exactly the way they were. According to the doctor, she'd never seen anything like this before, as apparently the surgery is effective 99% of the time.

Just my luck. :P

So now I have to go back in for heavier surgery, and I'll need to stay in the hospital for a while. There's still a waiting list though, so it likely won't be my turn until March at the earliest. Not exactly happy that the previous surgery has turned out to be for nothing, but hopefully this one will go better.
That amount of bullcrap is worthy of this.

Those months will probably be for the better though. I hear it's not a good thing to concatenate surgeries.
j0ekerr: That amount of bullcrap is worthy of this.

Those months will probably be for the better though. I hear it's not a good thing to concatenate surgeries.
Haha, Monty Python does always cheer me up. :P

Yeah, although it's already been two months since my last surgery and everything has healed again. I guess I just don't like the idea of having it looming on the horizon or something like that. I prefer getting things over with quick. ;)
Hey, I just pm'd this to pimp, but I'm throwing it in here because maybe one of you know. THIS IS NOT A BITCH ABOUT REP, but a curiosity; just trying to figure out the logistics here, but I'm stupid so I need help. :P

Every day this person/bot/whatever hits several of us for a loss and at the same time ups all of it's/his alts. Well I'm in here all day, every day, so it's easy to nail me, but people who haven't posted in days still get the daily plus or minus. How? Is it somehow possible to hit the same post over and over?
tinyE: Hey, I just pm'd this to pimp, but I'm throwing it in here because maybe one of you know. THIS IS NOT A BITCH ABOUT REP, but a curiosity; just trying to figure out the logistics here, but I'm stupid so I need help. :P

Every day this person/bot/whatever hits several of us for a loss and at the same time ups all of it's/his alts. Well I'm in here all day, every day, so it's easy to nail me, but people who haven't posted in days still get the daily plus or minus. How? Is it somehow possible to hit the same post over and over?
No, but it's possible to use a spider to hit different posts. That adds up.
tinyE: Hey, I just pm'd this to pimp, but I'm throwing it in here because maybe one of you know. THIS IS NOT A BITCH ABOUT REP, but a curiosity; just trying to figure out the logistics here, but I'm stupid so I need help. :P

j0ekerr: No, but it's possible to use a spider to hit different posts. That adds up.
spider?

Again I know this is an annoying subject, but my curiosity is killing me here. I've been sitting here playing GTA for three hours trying to piece it together, and it's effecting my game play. :P
ElTerprise: Ah i see. Do you enjoy it?

Well the same as every other Lego from TT Games ;)
I enjoy it but honestly it is sometimes a bit too much silliness in it - mostly because they are many hommages to the 1960s Batman series in it. And they should have called it Lego DC Heroes or something like that because it's less Batman and more Justice League + other DC heroes/villains.
I've only played about 5 minutes, then had to get up and do a few things, but the first few minutes were nice, yeah :-) ... Dunno if I'd feel the same if I hadn't played Blackwell already. It feels like I'm "home".

Sounds like my kind of game. '60s Batman was the only Batman I liked :-p
tinyE: spider?

Again I know this is an annoying subject, but my curiosity is killing me here. I've been sitting here playing GTA for three hours trying to piece it together, and it's effecting my game play. :P
A spider or web crawler. So called because they do exactly just that. At their simplest form, they're programs that follow links and search for specific patterns in the webpages they visit.
A more complex bot will follow links check them for specific triggers in the text, then perform a specific action accordingly.
However I personally believe that's giving the dereppers too much credit, since it involves a level of tech-savvy and commitment that I just don't believe a subhuman troll can have.
Post edited January 16, 2016 by j0ekerr

j0ekerr: A spider or web crawler. So called because they do exactly just that. At their simplest form, they're programs that follow links and search for specific patterns in the webpages they visit.
A more complex bot will follow links check them for specific triggers in the text, then perform a specific action accordingly.
However I personally believe that's giving the dereppers too much credit, since it involves a level of tech-savvy and commitment that I just don't believe a subhuman troll can have.
Well I'll stop pestering you all about it. :D
FearfulSymmetry: Hi, how are you? :) *hug*

Yeah, not too happy about it, and not thrilled about the fact that I have to wait so long either ... But I'll just have to make do. Keeping my fingers crossed for the next one indeed.
My cold is retreating but i'm not up to my usual good though :)

Understandable. I guess we all here are keeping our fingers crossed here. I mean March as the earliest date is really annoying. At least i hope your nose is not pestering you too serious :)

AgentBirdnest: I've only played about 5 minutes, then had to get up and do a few things, but the first few minutes were nice, yeah :-) ... Dunno if I'd feel the same if I hadn't played Blackwell already. It feels like I'm "home".

Sounds like my kind of game. '60s Batman was the only Batman I liked :-p
Doesn't sound too bad and rather unsurprising i guess - kinda expected to feel in an early build of a game you already played :)
I only the 1960s movie which was really dumb fun but otherwise i prefer the 1990s animated series which i loved as a kid :)

j0ekerr: A spider or web crawler. So called because they do exactly just that. At their simplest form, they're programs that follow links and search for specific patterns in the webpages they visit.
I think they're just unbelievably committed, and I also believe there's at least 3 of them working together.
Hm...tempted to get Cook, Serve, Delicious in the Humble Winter Sale...
Post edited January 16, 2016 by ElTerprise
Goddamn it,I miss The Boondocks. Such an awesome show.
j0ekerr: Where's the evil avian? I have matters of trascendental importance to consult with him.
What should I use to crush the spirits of complete newcomers. Call of Cthulhu, or perhaps Kult?
Kult. Definitely Kult. Include the requirement of all characters having dark secrets, along with full inclusion of magick, just to mess with them more.
ElTerprise: Hm...tempted to get Cook, Serve, Delicious in the Humble Winter Sale...
-laughing hard- Speaking of timesinks...
Post edited January 16, 2016 by CarrionCrow
CarrionCrow: -laughing hard- Speaking of timesinks...
Indeed. But i won't try it on hard/insane. But imho CKII might be a bigger timesink. Steam says i put 442 hours into it but there are at least 50+ hours with the old GG DRM-free version of it...
And i bought it. Along with some games from Arcen not present on GOG. Apparently CSD also has an Android port and a Win/Mac/Linux DRM-free version on humble.But i refrained from getting the Horse Lords DLC for CKII as there is another DLC incoming which means there will be another sale soon :)