It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: *zombie-walks into thread*

So... this is what the thread looks like in the evening? Meh... :-p
Welcome back. :) *hugs*
pimpmonkey2382.313: I'd rather go linux full time than to ever upgrade to win 10.
I have win 10 and like it much better than win 8. Win 7 was definitely better though.
pimpmonkey2382.313: I'd rather go linux full time than to ever upgrade to win 10.
camplify: I have win 10 and like it much better than win 8. Win 7 was definitely better though.
Yeah I'm on 7 now, no way I'm going back to 10.
AgentBirdnest: *zombie-walks into thread*

So... this is what the thread looks like in the evening? Meh... :-p
-laughs- Funny thing about evenings, people usually don't want to stay up all night long when they could be sleeping instead.
Weird, I know.
I'd love to switch over to Linux but it just doesn't support (or isn't supported enough by) enough A: Music creation software (DAWs, VSTs etc) or B: Games to make it worth my while. I hope that changes in the future, I've had some good experience overall with Mint and Cinnamon to make me at least consider hopping over.
and I just made a complete mess while making tomato soup...good job NoNewTaleToTell, you're really proving that you're a capable adult.
NoNewTaleToTell: and I just made a complete mess while making tomato soup...good job NoNewTaleToTell, you're really proving that you're a capable adult.
Next time, try NOT adding gunpowder. Trust me, I've done this same trick myself, and it's helped me LOADS with my cooking skills.
NoNewTaleToTell: and I just made a complete mess while making tomato soup...good job NoNewTaleToTell, you're really proving that you're a capable adult.
zeogold: Next time, try NOT adding gunpowder. Trust me, I've done this same trick myself, and it's helped me LOADS with my cooking skills.
I would joke with you but I just had to clean up two piles of dog vomit (unrelated to the tomato soup), so I think I'll spend my next few minutes looking for a burning building to go running into.
zeogold: Next time, try NOT adding gunpowder. Trust me, I've done this same trick myself, and it's helped me LOADS with my cooking skills.
NoNewTaleToTell: I would joke with you but I just had to clean up two piles of dog vomit (unrelated to the tomato soup), so I think I'll spend my next few minutes looking for a burning building to go running into.
That's why you don't let them get into your gunpowder stash.
NoNewTaleToTell:
Ixamyakxim's Dog Vomit Cleaning Tips Handbook, Version 3.2.47

This Handbook assumes carpet, because cleaning puppy puke off hardwoods is a trivial affair.

1) Use only a TINY amount of carpet cleaner. I use one, maybe two sprays.
2) Dilute said carpet cleaner in your puppy puke cleaning vessel of choice. I store mine below the sink. It's roughly 16 - 18 inches by 8 inches. It's used ONLY for dog puke.
3) DO NOT DILUTE WITH TOO MUCH WATER! You don't even want 2cm in the bottom of that basin (see specs above to get a better idea of how little water I add to the fine mist I spray into the vessel).
4) Dip your bristle brush lightly, and lightly "feather" vomit. You DID pick up the bulk of solid matter before beginning the above journey, didn't you? Because you should have! You're just cleaning up the last remnants clinging to the carpet here. The "ghost" of dog puke your four legged friend leaves behind, after you've cleaned that lovely pile.
5) The fun part. After feathering, to avoid stains, fold paper towels in half and, using both hands, press them deeply against the carpet. Yes, you know you love it. Repeat as needed, sucking up as much remaining liquid as possible. You DO love your dog and stain free carpets, don't you? Do it once more, to make sure. Then again, just in case.
6) Have a left over plastic grocery bag at hand to dispose of the paper towels. What? Sue me, saving a plastic bag for puppy puke IS recycling. I get paper most of the time, but I ask for plastic once in a while just for such emergencies.

I hope you enjoyed my handy handbook. Yes, I had a long day :) Yes, I do all this and YES I enjoyed typing all that FAR too much ;)
Stilton: Woo, I'd forgotten about that.

How are you? Happy New Year!!
:) Sorry... fell asleep...
Happy New Year to you too !!
Ixamyakxim: Ixamyakxim
Holy smokes. Are you some sort of ancient Central American god or something?
Ixamyakxim: Ixamyakxim
zeogold: Holy smokes. Are you some sort of ancient Central American god or something?
Che? ;)

*edit* It's funny you'd say that actually - I spent my night drinking a beer called "Xocoveza" - but ya, I've also a fan of my chosen forum name. Also odd, I was smiling about it not more than 30 minutes ago so a very serendipitous time for you to notice it actually!
Post edited January 10, 2016 by Ixamyakxim
zeogold: Holy smokes. Are you some sort of ancient Central American god or something?
Ixamyakxim: Che? ;)
I said "ancient".
superstande: Ouch, sorry to hear. Hopefully there are less caves and caverns at least and more vivid colors and lively pirates...
NoNewTaleToTell: Risen 2 definitely has its fair share of pirates, but as a whole the game is a lot weaker than the first, to me anyway. They overhauled the combat system and made it far worse, no more strategy, just click click click and hope you get lucky. The writing is decent enough and graphically things are a bit improved and now there seems to be a lot of clothes to wear, so there are some positives. Plus I just don't like pirate settings/themes overall, if it wasn't a sequel to Risen I probably wouldn't have picked it up.
Okay. Thanks for a thorough Risen 2 description... hope you got it on discount at least.
The hack'n'slash thing... Seems it's difficult to make the combat really interesting in 3rd person games, in such a way that it keeps being interesting till the end. Even Witcher 1, although a great game, at some point the fights were a bit ... dull.

But if it's just that punching the button sort of thing... After a few games it starts to became really boring, at least in my opinion. Although Risen 1 has been lots of fun, the next game has to be a lot different if I'm going to play anything 3rd person... Maybe Mass Effect 1 ... or possibly a point'n'click game :)