It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

AgentBirdnest: *big return hug*
Quite good. Taking a little break from Fran Bow to chat with the peeps here, and maybe eat something... It's been a nice Saturday so far. A smile on my face, the sun shining through the window onto my neck (I'll have to go out there at some point. Can't sit inside all day), and a bag of Reese's Pieces make it a pretty enjoyable morning :-)
When did you play it? Any idea when it might have been released? Do you recall if it had voice acting?
Trying to narrow things down a little bit...
Want a hug,Mr.Agent?
Andremop: Wow, close, I mean really close graphically speaking. Snow setting, characters, they all look similar.
The only problem is that I played this game waaay before 2010, the year Puzzle Agent was released.
AgentBirdnest: When did you play it? Any idea when it might have been released? Do you recall if it had voice acting?
Er... I played it around 1998-2002 I think. It's also ultra indie, so no, no voice acting. It was short, too.
I don't even know how I got it... maybe one of those "500 games in a CD" magazines.

One thing I seen to remember is that the fact of the town being forever snowy is part of the game's name, just like Eternal Winter on steam. But I searched all combinations - forever snow, perpetual blizzard, etc... - and nothing so far.

I guess it's so obscure it vanished from history.
Stilton: I've recovered from the Season of Excess and sort of managed to get things back on an even keel. Got plans for this year and for a change I want them to pan out, so I've been laying foundations. How's it with you? Nice to see your eye again...
Sounds like a good way to start. Get whatever you can set up to tilt the odds of success in your favor.

Same old here, more or less. Have a fistful of resolutions that're more like a bunch of shit I've needed to fix for quite a while, but haven't. So there's that to get to work on. Beyond that, it's the usual what-not until I can get things changed to how I want them.
Stilton: Hi Agent :-) How's life? Any New Year's revolutions? How was your Christmas?
Life is going relatively well at the moment. Been in a mostly good (and stable, thankfully) mood for a few weeks now.
Revolutions? None that I participated in. I'll go with a classic gaming resolution though : finish more of my games. Would like to complete 20 this year for once :-p

Christmas was pretty nice. Spent it with the entire family. My brother and his wife made a rare appearance, which was really lovely (I was more excited to see his wife than to see him, actually.) ... And my nephews kicked zero people in the crotch, which was a new record for them. And waaaay too much awesome food was eaten, which is pretty usual :-)
How was yours?
Post edited January 09, 2016 by AgentBirdnest
CarrionCrow: Sounds like a good way to start. Get whatever you can set up to tilt the odds of success in your favor.

Same old here, more or less. Have a fistful of resolutions that're more like a bunch of shit I've needed to fix for quite a while, but haven't. So there's that to get to work on. Beyond that, it's the usual what-not until I can get things changed to how I want them.
I've changed my mind about the resolutions thing this year. In much the same way as Christmas doesn't ripple your pond (why not be an all out happy chappy all year instead of saving it up for December 25th?) I've opted for the just-do-a-bit-at-a-time-and-it'll-eventually-get-done approach. Resolutions feel too much like promises made to be broken.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by Stilton
Stilton: I've changed my mind about the resolutions thing this year. In much the same way as Christmas doesn't ripple your pond (why not be an all out happy chappy all year instead of saving it up for December 25th?) I've opted for the just-do-a-bit-at-a-time-and-it'll-eventually-get-done approach. Resolutions feel to much like promises made to be broken.
That works. I also don't agree with the idea of somehow magically changing your life, just because it's a new year. That's fairly silly thinking. It's just a reminder to me.
AgentBirdnest: Life is going relatively well at the moment. Been in a mostly good (and stable, thankfully) mood for a few weeks now.
Revolutions? None that I participated in. I'll go with a classic gaming resolution though : finish more of my games. Would like to complete 20 this years for once :-p

Christmas was pretty nice. Spent it with the entire family. My brother and his wife made a rare appearance, which was really lovely (I was more excited to see his wife than to see him, actually.) ... And my nephews kicked zero people in the crotch, which was a new record for them. And waaaay too much awesome food was eaten, which is pretty usual :-)
How was yours?
That sounds like a really good Christmas, and with the bonus of no groin protection! A winner. :-)

I stuffed myself as usual and drank until I was irritatingly content. It was a good+ Christmas overall, and nice to sit back and let the warmth wash over me. I've got a reading list as long as my arm (plus maybe a leg) to put a big dent in among other things, so I'm enjoying beavering away at that. (I wonder if anyone has made a dam out of books....). Free association there, ignore me. ;-)
6 rounds left. The closer I get to the end, the more I want to throw something.
Also pretty sure my controller is starting to break in general.
Today, in another episode of "I am too clumsy to live", I managed to splash my upper thigh with boiling water and burn myself.

Sigh.
Post edited January 09, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
FearfulSymmetry: Today, in another episode of "I am too clumsy to live", I managed to splash my upper thigh with boiling water and burn myself.

Sigh.
Take care, FF. I won't ask what the other episodes were, but lets hope the series ends right now. (There are too many sitcoms on the box as it is...) :-)

Aside from a scalded upper thigh, how are you? And a Happy New Year!! :-)
Stilton: Take care, FF. I won't ask what the other episodes were, but lets hope the series ends right now. (There are too many sitcoms on the box as it is...) :-)

Oh, I am the greatest danger to my own health in all things. :P But yes, I wouldn't mind if this particular series got cancelled.

I'm doing okay otherwise. Happy new year to you too! How's it going? It's good to see you again.
Hmm. Apparently the next order of thread business is passing the hat so we can get Fearful lady a protective plastic bubble...
Stilton: Take care, FF. I won't ask what the other episodes were, but lets hope the series ends right now. (There are too many sitcoms on the box as it is...) :-)

FearfulSymmetry: Oh, I am the greatest danger to my own health in all things. :P But yes, I wouldn't mind if this particular series got cancelled.

I'm doing okay otherwise. Happy new year to you too! How's it going? It's good to see you again.
I'm doing well (no burned legs, door bruises to my forehead or spoons trapped in my throat ;-)). Christmas was nice and I have a 'gentle' plan for this year to get an entire catalogue of things to do finally done. 'Little And Often' is my motto and so far its working. Its good to see you, too :-) (I like your new avatar) :-)
CarrionCrow: Hmm. Apparently the next order of thread business is passing the hat so we can get Fearful lady a protective plastic bubble...
Or crowdfund me so I can just employ someone to do everything that could even be vaguely dangerous to my health. ;)

Stilton: I'm doing well (no burned legs, door bruises to my forehead or spoons trapped in my throat ;-)). Christmas was nice and I have a 'gentle' plan for this year to get an entire catalogue of things to do finally done. 'Little And Often' is my motto and so far its working. Its good to see you, too :-) (I like your new avatar) :-)
Sounds like a pretty good day, then! :P Nice to hear you had a good christmas. And haha, I've more or less given up on resolutions, but it's good if it's working out.

(Thanks. Apparently it's a little intimidating, though. :P)
FearfulSymmetry: Or crowdfund me so I can just employ someone to do everything that could even be vaguely dangerous to my health. ;)
-laughs- That could work. Course, that could also turn into people finding ways to abuse the employee until they go nuts or end up hospitalized.