It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good afternoon, and Happy Birthday to my favorite Agent! *hugs and waves*

I just watched a documentary about your work yesterday evening and must say that I'm really impressed ;) But I hope that you can enjoy taking a day off from saving the world today!
ElTerprise: Cool :)
How cold is in the Netherlands?
It's only -3 or -4 celsius here (and that's just the north of the country, in the south it's +7 at the moment), but this is due to some freak accident of weather. There was a lot of freezing rain yesterday, on top of some snowfall that we already had. So basically, the rain, which immediately froze, created a 5 cm layer of ice on top of everything, which means that going out right now is basically risking your neck. :P Pretty much everything has been shut down up here. :P We also get dips in the electricity, which means that the lights have been flickering for three days now. This is due to the power lines freezing over and 'dancing' in the wind.
NoNewTaleToTell: and I'm back, and only half frozen! In other news, we adopted a semi-stray cat a few days ago. It's already gotten used to living inside, (generally) plays well with the dogs (who have been more than patient with her) and all that jazz. But I can't miss this opportunity to bellyache over it trying to use my leg as a scratching post earlier! Golly gee wiz cat, my leg still hurts!
How cute! :) I hope the cat continues to do well. And yeah, they can be really annoying when they feel like it. :P
Post edited January 05, 2016 by FearfulSymmetry
Good morning, folks! Happy birthday, Agent!

I hope you all have a lovely day! Not quite awake yet, gonna work on that a bit more... :)
FearfulSymmetry: It's only -3 or -4 celsius here (and that's just the north of the country, in the south it's +7 at the moment), but this is due to some freak accident of weather. There was a lot of freezing rain yesterday, on top of some snowfall that we already had. So basically, the rain, which immediately froze, created a 5 cm layer of ice on top of everything, which means that going out right now is basically risking your neck. :P Pretty much everything has been shut down up here. :P We also get dips in the electricity, which means that the lights have been flickering for three days now. This is due to the power lines freezing over and 'dancing' in the wind.
It's actually colder here, -6°C in Hamburg but despite the snow we got yesterday it thankfully is not icy here :)
In that case you have it lot worse ... hope it'll get better soon...
Good moaning.
Another year, and another roscón.
Attachments:
roscon.jpg (419 Kb)
ElTerprise: It's actually colder here, -6°C in Hamburg but despite the snow we got yesterday it thankfully is not icy here :)
Oops yeah, I didn't formulate that very well. I meant to say it wasn't that cold at all, but that due to the strange weather the results are quite extreme. :P

Haha, thanks. To be honest I am kind of amused by it all, although it is a bit difficult at times. And I feel a bit sad for my grandmother. It's her birthday today but nobody is able to go and visit her due to the weather. :P
akhliber: Good morning, folks! Happy birthday, Agent!

I hope you all have a lovely day! Not quite awake yet, gonna work on that a bit more... :)
Hello :)
Doing quite good here - hope you're having a great day too - when you're fully awake :)
*offers coffee*

j0ekerr: Good moaning.
Another year, and another roscón.
Hello :)
What's a roscón? Looks tasty :)
Happy Birthday ........ZZzzzzz Um, gurk, ah right....Happy Birthday Agent! :-)
FearfulSymmetry: Oops yeah, I didn't formulate that very well. I meant to say it wasn't that cold at all, but that due to the strange weather the results are quite extreme. :P

Haha, thanks. To be honest I am kind of amused by it all, although it is a bit difficult at times. And I feel a bit sad for my grandmother. It's her birthday today but nobody is able to go and visit her due to the weather. :P
Yup...having that kind of weather is usually worse than low temperatures. Those are on the rise here over the last days though (from around -10°C) which means we might get ice as well...

Can imagine that..although such electricity issues would really annoy me .... sorry to hear that. That's really sad for your grandmother...
EndreWhiteMane: Happy Birthday ........ZZzzzzz Um, gurk, ah right....Happy Birthday Agent! :-)
Hi Endre :)
Want some coffee? ;)
Post edited January 05, 2016 by ElTerprise
EndreWhiteMane: Happy Birthday ........ZZzzzzz Um, gurk, ah right....Happy Birthday Agent! :-)
ElTerprise: Hi Endre :)
Want some coffee? ;)
Yes please. Ah............thanks. :-)
ElTerprise: Yup...having that kind of weather is usually worse than low temperatures. Those are on the rise here over the last days though (from around -10°C) which means we might get ice as well...

Can imagine that..although such electricity issues would really annoy me .... sorry to hear that. That's really sad for your grandmother...
Yep, definitely true. In that case I wish you good luck with the weather as well, that sounds really cold ...

Yep, the electricity issues are quite annoying. Luckily the breaks in the supply are very short, although some buildings in the city have had to close due to problems it was causing with their heating systems.

Yeah, my grandmother is quite practical, so she doesn't really mind, but it's still not nice. Not exactly what we had in mind. :P
ElTerprise: Hello :)
Doing quite good here - hope you're having a great day too - when you're fully awake :)
*offers coffee*
Hello there! Glad to hear it! Having a good start to my day so far. *happily accepts coffee, offers Endre some*

:)

*oh, you're already on that! haha
Post edited January 05, 2016 by akhliber
ElTerprise: It's actually colder here, -6°C in Hamburg but despite the snow we got yesterday it thankfully is not icy here :)
FearfulSymmetry: Oops yeah, I didn't formulate that very well. I meant to say it wasn't that cold at all, but that due to the strange weather the results are quite extreme. :P

Sorry to hear about your missed visit and the nasty weather, we had a bit of that last week which fortunately melted fairly quickly.
What is that doing to your poor trees? It was very windy here so they shook off the ice before it did much damage.
Post edited January 05, 2016 by EndreWhiteMane
EndreWhiteMane: Yes please. Ah............thanks. :-)
You're welcome - just made me some coffee too :)

FearfulSymmetry: Yep, definitely true. In that case I wish you good luck with the weather as well, that sounds really cold ...

Yep, the electricity issues are quite annoying. Luckily the breaks in the supply are very short, although some buildings in the city have had to close due to problems it was causing with their heating systems.

Yeah, my grandmother is quite practical, so she doesn't really mind, but it's still not nice. Not exactly what we had in mind. :P
Thanks...i hope for the best. Oh yes it was really damn cold - especially when we returned from holiday on saturday.

That's mostly good i guess. I remember that some years ago my computer got damaged by such issues....

Well that certainly helps. Of course :).

akhliber: Hello there! Glad to hear it! Having a good start to my day so far. *happily accepts coffee, offers Endre some*

:)

*oh, you're already on that! haha
That's good to hear. Hope you can keep it up :)
PalioDeMonte: Good afternoon, and Happy Birthday to my favorite Agent! *hugs and waves*

I just watched a documentary about your work yesterday evening and must say that I'm really impressed ;) But I hope that you can enjoy taking a day off from saving the world today!
n__n... Haven't seen that one yet, but it looks like fun. Maybe I can get a discount if I show them my Agent badge :-)

And thank you, Palio! Very much! *Big return hug* :-)