It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

deleted
Hello,

I've been trying for over a year to get Zeus Master of Olympus to work on Windows 8. I've had no success. I purchased it from GOG and have had no help.

I have also tried Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and am having the same problem.

With either game I choose Run as administrator with nothing happening. I've had no luck when disabling malware, spyware or firewall protection.

ARE these games just too old to play on windows 8? (and yes windows 8 TOTALLY sucks!)

M
Michelle4: I've been trying for over a year to get Zeus Master of Olympus to work on Windows 8. I've had no success. I purchased it from GOG and have had no help.
I have also tried Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri and am having the same problem.
Have you contacted the gog support and asked for help, since at least Zeus should definitely run on Win8. Have not checked the gamepage of the other game.

Also try the game forums and see if anyone there also solved the problem or can help you:
https://www.gog.com/forum/zeus_poseidon_acropolis
https://www.gog.com/forum/sid_meier_s_alpha_centauri
Post edited December 30, 2015 by moonshineshadow
Can't decide if I want to get Darkest Dungeon now or later. Course I want it on GOG first and foremost, but I haven't played it so I don't know how much it's going to kick my ass. Also getting the feeling it's not going to debut here at half off.
CarrionCrow: Well...thinking of grabbing the Mage: The Ascension bundle from Bundle of Holding, the Square Enix bundle from Humble just to experience some of the mediocre to full-on garbage they've put out, might pick up Kane and Lynch as a rental for the same reason, along with Undertale, maybe Grim Dawn, Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age 1, not sure what else. Might also pick up something from here, not sure what yet.

Also thinking of some items to torture my rental friends with...
Wow wow wow !!! ô__ô .... all that !!!! :) ... awesome !!
Bought some gin and vodka and the sauerkraut is just coming out.
Hmmm,hotdog with sauerkraut...
CarrionCrow: Well...thinking of grabbing the Mage: The Ascension bundle from Bundle of Holding, the Square Enix bundle from Humble just to experience some of the mediocre to full-on garbage they've put out, might pick up Kane and Lynch as a rental for the same reason, along with Undertale, maybe Grim Dawn, Fallout New Vegas, Dragon Age 1, not sure what else. Might also pick up something from here, not sure what yet.

Also thinking of some items to torture my rental friends with...
Empress_Owl: Wow wow wow !!! ô__ô .... all that !!!! :) ... awesome !!
*begins to drunkely hug and snuggle Owl*
Post edited December 30, 2015 by l0rdtr3k
l0rdtr3k: *begins to drunkely hug and snuggle Owl*
"drunkely" ? ô__ô good grief !
CarrionCrow: Can't decide if I want to get Darkest Dungeon now or later. Course I want it on GOG first and foremost, but I haven't played it so I don't know how much it's going to kick my ass. Also getting the feeling it's not going to debut here at half off.
Stop looking at rental deals ;)
I saw that discount too but do you think that it is wise to rent it rather than waiting for a proper discount when it is here? :)

Oh and hello Crow :)
Empress_Owl: "drunkely" ? ô__ô good grief !
Thank god it wasn't drunkenly :P
Post edited December 30, 2015 by ElTerprise
ElTerprise: Thank god it wasn't drunkenly :P
Pheeewww n__o
That's just what's coming to mind. I'll undoubtedly pare it down a bit.
ElTerprise: Stop looking at rental deals ;)
I saw that discount too but do you think that it is wise to rent it rather than waiting for a proper discount when it is here? :)

Oh and hello Crow :)
Eh, you're right. Would rather pay more for it here. I can grab other items to kill time til it shows up.

Also, good evening. =) How're you doing tonight?
Post edited December 30, 2015 by CarrionCrow
Empress_Owl: Pheeewww n__o
Exactly...but you should stay vigilant nonetheless....in case the hugs will be drunken soon ;)
CarrionCrow: That's just what's coming to mind. I'll undoubtedly pare it down a bit.
Aw... you're beyond redemption, Crow... :-> hihi
CarrionCrow: Eh, you're right. Would rather pay more for it here. I can grab other items to kill time til it shows up.

Also, good evening. =) How're you doing tonight?
Yes...but preferrebly items which will never show up here ;)

I'm doing good. Bit tired now but good .... how are you?
ElTerprise: Exactly...but you should stay vigilant nonetheless....in case the hugs will be drunken soon ;)
I can handle that, dear... I'm French ! >:-| **giggle**
Empress_Owl: I can handle that, dear... I'm French ! >:-| **giggle**
Good ...hihi :D

*big laughing hug*